Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #1

air leaks up front

Has anyone gone upfront in the gen compartment and sealed air leaks coming in from openings, I was under today and noticed possible culprits and filled them with spray foam to fill voids. Does anyone know any areas on their own that may have been missed, that I can touch up THX in advance
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2014, 05:52 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
On my TS I sealed up lots of air and water leaks, the biggest ones were the basement compartments and the angle iron frames. I had a couple of compartments that were wet after driving through rain so I went over the entire coach with spray foam. A can a black spray paint after the foam dries will make it look factory. Check where any plumbing or electrical lines enter the coach, most of mine were at the rear and the basement entertainment area. I will be going over the Anthem when I get it as well. I saw a few small spots when I was doing my PDI.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Mine looks to be well sealed from the factory and my basement has stayed bone dry. Haven't noticed any air leaks either, i either got lucky or else I am missing something.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Mine looks to be well sealed from the factory and my basement has stayed bone dry. Haven't noticed any air leaks either, i either got lucky or else I am missing something.
You probably missed being built at 30 below zero I'll be the foam had a hard time flowing out of the gun and the spots I noticed were small.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Mine was built same time as yours Chuck, and driven through a snow storm. No leaks in the basement (although the temps were only in the single digits).
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Mine was built same time as yours Chuck, and driven through a snow storm. No leaks in the basement (although the temps were only in the single digits).
It couldn't have been built at the same time, yours is a year older The spots I saw were VERY small where pipes came up into the MH and if I look closer they may very well be sealed up inside the floor. Just made mention of it and a joke of what Marc may have missed.

It was the TS that had the basement leaks and if anybody experiences it with an Entegra, or any MH it is an easy fix and does happen. I have had a piece of basement foam fall out when the MH was 5 years old that cause a compartment to be damp....easy fix and it can happen as MH's age and get a few miles on them.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #7

I was concentrating on the front as my coach door has a whistle and some extra road noise sounds as if its at the door handle and or hinges any ideas where to look would be very useful.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks