Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Bouch
Air level height

I just got a new Cornerstone 45j. The first time we went out camping, when I tried to level with the jacks they sunk in the ground, little to wet, so I used the air levelling system and it basically put the front of the motor coach on the ground, damaging the slide out step. My last motor home had a limit as to how low it would drop in the front. We put boards under the front wheels to get the exhaust pipe and step off the ground in the front. The next place we went to park, the jacks worked fine but not before it dropped all the air at the front and dropped the coach again down on the ground before it lifted up and levelled. My last motor home had no jacks and levelled on the air-bags and we never had any trouble with how far it went down in the front. I thought they would have limits set so it would not go this low. Anybody having this trouble with theirs.
Bouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #2

We have a new 45K Cornerstone. Our Hadley System wasn't working properly either. One airbag sensor was actually unplugged. You sound like its a calibration issue. Try Entegra CS and see if they can help. We are having the issues in reverse. Our hydraulic system won't work to get level. But now the air system does. Not sure if they both work off of the same calibration points.
Jgehrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I thought the Hadley system would be similar to our last coach which I could raise the whole motor home on the air bags and then hit level and it would level from there, or lower the whole coach and it would level it at a lower height. I could also raise any corner of the coach on manual if I needed to get under the coach, this doesn't seem to do this unless I am doing something wrong.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouch View Post
I thought the Hadley system would be similar to our last coach which I could raise the whole motor home on the air bags and then hit level and it would level from there, or lower the whole coach and it would level it at a lower height. I could also raise any corner of the coach on manual if I needed to get under the coach, this doesn't seem to do this unless I am doing something wrong.

touch SLS once, then Set once and you should see arrows on the touch pad leveling the coach. If it goes down to the ground you might have an issue.

If you hit raise once the front goes up 4". Hit raise twice the entire coach goes up 4". Same for lowering.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Lisa & Mike, I will give it a try.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
touch SLS once, then Set once and you should see arrows on the touch pad leveling the coach. If it goes down to the ground you might have an issue.

If you hit raise once the front goes up 4". Hit raise twice the entire coach goes up 4". Same for lowering.
Good Info. Have been looking for information on operating the Hadley System. Question: Does the ignition need to be on for SLS to work? What is your process to air level once parked in RV space? Motor need ot be running? Help if you can..
sjshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshoes View Post
Good Info. Have been looking for information on operating the Hadley System. Question: Does the ignition need to be on for SLS to work? What is your process to air level once parked in RV space? Motor need ot be running? Help if you can..
You need to have the coach running to level or do anything to the Hadley.

I rarely use the Hyd jacks. This is just me but it seems like a lot less stress on the coach when you use the tires to level it JMHO. I pull up to a camp site, leave the engine running and touch SLS (once) then Set (once) and you will see the arrows on the Hadley start to work. Within minutes the bus will level itself. The arrows (green) will stop blinking and the green light at the set button will remain on. You are level, done. Turn off the key. Then you can open your slides and everything works smooth. I think I read Hadley will level up to a 3 degree slope on each corner. I have been in some spots that I never thought Hadley could level but it has so I am impressed. I know there can be as much as a 8 inch slope back to front or side to side and my cornerstone leveled itself.

Before others step in and say you are suppose to open your slides first then level, that is if you use the HYD jacks. If you are using the Hadley air feature the cornerstone was built on the weight of tires, by leveling with air you are not putting stress on the chassis and the geometry remains the same. Never had a slide issue.

When you are ready to leave and air up just hit the Ride Height button. The coach will air up to ride height quickly.

Repeat do not do level with Hyd jacks then try to put out the slides.

FYI: Entegra puts a fuse in the buss fuse block (driver side front) that prevents you from keeping the motor running, putting out the slides (safety feature) wouldn't want anyone going down the road and accidently hitting a slide button. You can remove the #3 fuse and you can operate the slides with engine running or not. Good thing to know if you want to air up before you raise your hyd. jacks. Just a thought not advising anyone.

Also Hadley system will raise the coach 4 inches and lower 4 inches. I have used the raise feature many times out west in some of the campsites to prevent the rear from dragging or the front. It has saved many an Entegra flap in the back. Keep the coach under 10mph. Once you go over 10MPH the system will go back to the 12 inch ride height automatically.

For the sake of time there are many features that the Hadley system can do. I love the feature. Give it time and get to know what it can do. At rest stops etc... just hit the right button and you are level. When you take a corner at an exit ramp you will feel the system level you. Same with crowns in the road and high winds. as long as the engine is running it is working to keep you level. Fantastic system and the ride is great.

Call CS or call Spartan, they have a cheat sheet on the operation of the system maybe they can email it to you. I hope that helps. If you send me your Email address (PM) with it I will scan the cheat sheet for you.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Nice post Mike. Now I want a Hadley system
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thank for the information Mike. My last motorhome did not have jacks, only air leveling system, it was one of the reasons we bought the Cornerstone. I will get use to this as well.

Marc
Old 10-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #10

Does anyone know if an air leveling system can be put on an Anthem aftermarket? Handley or HWH ...
Renegade George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #11

Does anyone know if an air leveling system can be put on an Anthem aftermarket? Handley or HWH ...[/QUOTE]

Contace Daryl at Hadley (see below). He can answer your questions. Also, Joyce at Entegra will be of the greatest help. She is amaizing!

Luck..

Daryl D. Palma
Hadley Truck Division
Engineering Field Technician
2851 Prairie S.W. Suite D
Grandville, MI 49418
Main: (616) 530-1717
Direct: (616) 608-1246
Fax:(616) 530-3283
dpalma@hadleyadvantage.com
Heavy Duty Truck & Transit Business Division | HadleyAdvantage
sjshoes is offline   Reply With Quote