Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
If you look closely at the hole there appears to be a scuff mark going down and to the left all the way into the ribbed area, that coupled with the hole being inward not outward would indicate that you caught a piece of road debris. Looks like just plan dumb luck is all.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 03:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Those were my symptoms. Occasionally I had problems airing up the front left bag.

The Cornerstone uses a Hadley air manifold with 8 solenoids controlled by the computer. One of my solenoids failed. Rather than replace the broken solenoid, they replaced the entire manifold assembly 8 solenoids as a unit.
I use the Hadley to air level most of the time so air leaks drive me crazy and it sounds like I had a handful of small ones. Both front air bags leaking at top of the assembly where the rubber attached, air dryer leak and several small leaks on different air lines. Kuddos to NIRV for being persistent is chasing them all down. I would have been crawling around under the coach for 2 months trying to find them all..............
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4545 View Post
Barry - Could you tell if the damage was done by road debris or was it just a failure of the airbag? We have our 17 Conerstone at NIRV for service and one of the problems I reported was loss of air on the front of the coach when it was parked for a day or more and the front air tank was cycling every 3 to 4 minutes while driving. I was informed by Spartan yesterday that both front airbags needed replacement. Not catastrophic failures but both were leaking. No details yet on where they were leaking. I have a call into Spartan to see if they have changed brands or specs on the airbags but haven't heard back from them yet.
It's difficult to determine if there was debris stuck between the airbag and baseplate, or if it was an airbag failure. I watched them do all the work, and when the bag came out, the bottom part where the puncture was located was flush up against the metal plate. When they unbolted it and pulled the bag up off the plate, I didn't see anything fall out nor did I see anything stuck in there.

The long skid-type mark is from my fingernail as I was pushing and prodding on the hole trying to figure out if there was something stuck in it, or if something external was the cause of the puncture. My guess is an internal airbag failure. Here's the first picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	373.0 KB
ID:	135674  
Old 08-18-2016, 11:21 AM   #18

So reading this thread has me wondering about our coach now and the loss of air in the front bags overnight. I thought this was typical. Sometimes when starting the coach, however, the front does not come up enough to give us turning clearance (after high idling and seeing the air pressure climb and normalize). When this happens I shut down, lower the jacks (which empties the bags and seems to reset everything), retract and then start the process over. They usually fill OK on the second try. My concern is that one day we don't catch this, pull out of a tight spot and the front wheels rip into the wheel wells! I have listened after shutting everything down and cannot hear any leaks... Thoughts?
BKRobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:15 PM   #19

I have had to make that my standard procedure - lower the jacks and raise them twice. It seems to be the only way to ensure that the coach gets to full ride height.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
At what pressure on your air gauges do you both wait for prior to retracting your jacks for the first time?

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:24 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKRobbie View Post
So reading this thread has me wondering about our coach now and the loss of air in the front bags overnight. I thought this was typical. Sometimes when starting the coach, however, the front does not come up enough to give us turning clearance (after high idling and seeing the air pressure climb and normalize). When this happens I shut down, lower the jacks (which empties the bags and seems to reset everything), retract and then start the process over. They usually fill OK on the second try. My concern is that one day we don't catch this, pull out of a tight spot and the front wheels rip into the wheel wells! I have listened after shutting everything down and cannot hear any leaks... Thoughts?
This is why it is imperative that you do a walk around your coach prior to moving to check for proper ride height.

Old 08-18-2016, 03:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I have had to make that my standard procedure - lower the jacks and raise them twice. It seems to be the only way to ensure that the coach gets to full ride height.

I think you need to have you ride height valves checked. Sounds like you have a faulty valve. I had the same problem on a previous Anthem, replaced a bad valve and never had the problem again. JMHO

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 08-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I think you need to have you ride height valves checked. Sounds like you have a faulty valve. I had the same problem on a previous Anthem, replaced a bad valve and never had the problem again. JMHO

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
I would suspect a ride height valve if it were only one position that was not achieving ride height, otherwise I would suspect a faulty dump valve which controls the air to all positions.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:17 AM   #24

I just had the master dump valve replaced. Prior to the replacement, the coach would not hold air even overnight, and would list to the left even while driving. Now it appears to hold indefinitely, but still needs two cycles of the jacks before it reliably rises to full ride height. I don't think my local shop is capable of doing any more than they have. There is a dearth of skilled mechanics around here, it appears.

Tags
leak