Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2017, 01:26 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Alignment - If it ain't broke don't fix it

I had my RV into Josams in Orlando. They have a nationwide reputation and I am in the process of moving out of Central FL and thought "what the heck I'll get my 14 Anthem aligned before leave the area". My Entegra has always handled well but I thought maybe it could handle better. I had the rear end and front aligned. Josams is widely known for knowledge about aligning RVs to handle like RVs vs a dump truck. They put my RV on their laser alignment rack and every adjustment was within .1 degrees. In other words it didn't need the alignment. Well I feel better about how the tires will wear. About $550 spent when I should've spent it on fuel. Morale of the story: Not every Entegra you hear about has handling problems. Matter of fact I think they are fewer than you might think.

One thing they did you might consider is rotating the front end tires. (Swapped). I guess it helps promote even tire wear.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2017, 01:45 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I had my RV into Josams in Orlando. They have a nationwide reputation and I am in the process of moving out of Central FL and thought "what the heck I'll get my 14 Anthem aligned before leave the area". My Entegra has always handled well but I thought maybe it could handle better. I had the rear end and front aligned. Josams is widely known for knowledge about aligning RVs to handle like RVs vs a dump truck. They put my RV on their laser alignment rack and every adjustment was within .1 degrees. In other words it didn't need the alignment. Well I feel better about how the tires will wear. About $550 spent when I should've spent it on fuel. Morale of the story: Not every Entegra you hear about has handling problems. Matter of fact I think they are fewer than you might think.

One thing they did you might consider is rotating the front end tires. (Swapped). I guess it helps promote even tire wear.
Thanks for sharing and ditto on Josams, just a great outfit!
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:29 PM   #3

I have a 2016 Cornerstone and had it to Two different shops under warranty to fix the steering wheel off center and a drifting to he right and one was the selling dealer and was told both times all is well, and was told all steering wheels on Entegras are off center. I called Barry at Josam about having my ball joint recall done, he said he would do the recall and is authorized by Spartan to do the recall. When I got there, I told him about my steering and he said that after the recall he would check the problem out and let me know. After a alignment it steers like never before and go's down the highway straight and easy to drive no more fighting to drive the easy, and the steering wheel is finely straight. This shop is the best to have a nice easy driving Coach. P.S also fixed a vibration problem both of the other shop said it was ok also.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:08 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, where are you moving to? Your not going to leave our heat and humidity are you?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post

Couldn't agree more.. my anthem has driven straight as a arrow from day one...
and yes I also was told to rotate the front steers regularly to help the wear..

Ya I got the first version Konis and they were worse than the stock bilsteins imo ... about 500 bucks with the install... then did the new version and thank heavens that fixed it ..so we all make mistakes sometimes trying to make good even better...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #6

Oh. And straightening the steering wheel is easy.... they take it off and rotate it straight... ( assuming your alignment is correct) they did mine at middlebury....
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:03 PM   #7

Dave:

There is a fine line between informing others of problems and getting solutions, and "sensitizing" a lot of owners who are not having troubles with something that maybe they should be spending money to have something checked. Your situation is an interesting one to me. There have been a couple of themes that repeat on iRV2 that I think that fall into that trap, and I appreciate you reminding us of that fine line.

If something is working well on your coach, you should probably feel lucky and happy that you are not having problems reported by other owners on here. And sit back and enjoy your coach. Sorry you spent the money, but for it, you also got some piece of mind.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Oh. And straightening the steering wheel is easy.... they take it off and rotate it straight... ( assuming your alignment is correct) they did mine at middlebury....
I think the sterring wheel centering is a DIY project as long as you have the tools (1 1/4 socket and sterring wheel puller)
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote