Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #1

Am I the only one?????

Please note this in not a RANT but a curious question, so far on my 2014 44B we have had these repairs, leaking washing machine hoses, drivers toll window not opening ( complete replacement), rear bath window replacement, street side, passenger side vent window curb side (going on the second one now), microwave replacement (still having some issues when going from invertor to shore power), all inside sink vent check valves, noisy, squealing a/c blower fan on first two speeds, hot water heater control valve not shutting off (no a/c on a 110f drive from Texas to Redding, Ca), coolant leaks at engine, updated P/S pressure hose to correct buzzing noise when turning, complete vehicle alignment, all three axles and gear box out of time (some improvement but still wandering on flat, straight roads), night shades falling on me as we were driving home from Moss landing, Ca. to home (spoke to P J at Entegra, states all the new shades screws are now all secured with locktite) you need to get a stubby phillips screw driver and check them all often, new glass paneled door from bedroom to kitchen area (glass panels were sliding down out of alignment), and now a aqua hot pump update (to be performed in Medford Or. 6/29/15), "I HONESTLY LOVE MY INTEGRA ", but again i'm just curious, Thanks for listening
Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #2

Our list is as long but add a few more to it! First and last entagra product for us !! Going back to tiffan ASAP!! We have a 2013 entagra aspire and we were getting ready to upgrade to the cornerstone but honestly after hearing all the same problems from everybody we just can't in good conscious take the chance! All that being said we love this coach and expect problems just not ever time I get into it. I think entagra support team has a tough job and do it well but the rest of entagra has some growing to do . And I will NEVER EVER have a spartan chassis underneath me nor will I have good year tires!! Now that's a RANT LOL!! Ddcouple
Ddcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #3

I think those problems are with coaches built before the new quality control process was fully in place. We have. 2015 Cornerstone and honestly have a very short punch list and nothing major. We have lived in our coach for over 6 months, all but two weeks at home, and had two service calls. One to fix a bubble leak at the Gerard awnings another to replace a shade motor. I think that our experience is becoming the norm and expect that kind of performance from our 2016 which is on order. All JMHO . 🚌🚓

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 06-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

No, you are not alone. However, you are in a group limited to a given time frame and not all of the coaches had issues but there sure were enough of them. Under some prior management there were a number of issues that surfaced, which eventually resulted in the Bontrager family getting Tadd Jenkins to come back and head up Jayco's Motorized Division, which includes Entegra Coach. The results of those changes are nothing less than outstanding. The product currently being produced is top quality. If you read some of the posts in this forum you'll see that the issues were prevalent in the time frame when your coach was built but pretty much non-existent in the latest models. I've spent three weeks at the factory while our coach was being built and I have never seen this kind of quality in any other manufacturer. The sad part is that it's hard to forget about those bad times, especially if you had one of those coaches, which is understandable.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #5

I have a 2013 Aspire DEQ.. I couldn't be more pleased. In almost 2 years of ownership, I have had 2 faulty light switches, one headlamp defective.. I owned a Monaco Camelot for almost 10 years, great coach , but can't compare to our Entegra!! We love it.. I pray we continue with few problems. Going to factory in late August, but few issues to address..

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Danny&Cindi Gilmore
Hanford, Ca.
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Explorer
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I am very sad to say you are not alone. I had one of the "Tadd less" era built coaches, It spent it's first 3 months back at Entegra and Spartan, then the next six months having 3 rear ends replaced. That was a major vendor problem by MERITOR the rear end manufacture. After a year we are finally on our first extended trip. The first stop was Entegra to see the new manufacture facilities. I can honestly say, I don't see how coaches like ours could ever be built by Entegra again.

Now if the vendors would do what Entegra has done to improve quality, we would have perfect coaches. I also had the same steering issues after several weeks at Spartan. Entegra's guy just fixed it and it drives like it should have a year ago. A complete steering modification was completed at Spartan, but they had the steering box timing out of adjustment causing darting to the right for no reason.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I feel your pain, my 2014 Anthem early production was at times a real headache with continued issues. Even though Entegra stepped up to the plate each time, its still irritating.

I got a lot of good information on this forum about the QC or lack there of during the time my coach was being built. I have since took delivery of my 2015 Cornerstone in Dec 2014, and have not taken it back to the dealer because my punch list is so small and does not effect me using it, so no hurry. In fact I have it scheduled for factory service in Dec 2015.

After attending the ribbon cutting ceremony, and witnessing first hand the QC that is in place in every step of the new coaches being built, I am now negotiating on a 2016.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:07 PM   #8

Kathy and I purchased our 2014 Anthem on 4/01/14. A sticker in the coach gives a December 2013 paint date. We have had very few problems. As Chuck stated the steering had to changed plus 1)one shade motor, 2) #1 AC replaced, 3) Washing machine hose leak, 4) one shade motor replaced.

We could not be more happy with our 42DEQ and Entegra's service policies. Our previous DP coach was a night mare.

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland, Washington

2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Angelo; we have had many items to be fixed, however it is still easy to see the overall quality built into Entegra Coaches. I am looking forward to having them all solved.

I do have a question for you because I am having the same issue. It is the loud squel in the cockpit air conditioner. You mentioned the same thing. Do you know what is causing it.
Bobl and Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobl and Jud View Post
It is the loud squel in the cockpit air conditioner. You mentioned the same thing. Do you know what is causing it.
It was mentioned on the factory tour the other day that there were some bad dash A/C fan motors from that vendor. It looks to be an easy replacement by the AC person removing the dash drawer and dash radio panel. PJ said for the repair person to call Entegra before beginning if they have not replaced one before.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:04 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks!
Bobl and Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #12

a/c fan

bobl and jud, as per PJ at Entergra customer service, the assembly person installing the blower fans was found to be damaging them upon installation, he was tweaking the hamster cage when tightening the electric motor, I don't think he works there any more LOL
Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I think it is sad that EC went through a spell of QC issues. There is no getting around that and owners of those coaches have ever right to point that out. OTOH...if you believe that EC has taken the proper corrective actions and made smart administrative moves to solidify them, my bet is that EC will only continue to generate a lot of good buzz.

Again...can't fault anyone, of any brand that has been burnt from making a brand switch. We have an inherent fear of being fooled twice.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Well, I have a 2013 and drank from the Tiffin well before we traded for the Entegra....I can honestly say I can't ever see going back. After seeing firsthand the QC on the new assembly line, plus seeing the many testimonials both here and elsewhere, I think Entegra is truly getting close to their goal of the Wash and Drive delivery. I'm sorry the OP had a difficult time, but it certainly looks like that is firmly in the past.

Everyone should give the 2016's a thorough look before jumping ship....IMHO.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote