Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plozano View Post
I'm always reminded of a old saying..........The preparation of fine food takes time - yours will be ready in a minute.

With a delivery date of late October you should be able to make your south Florida rendezvous in early November. Don't rush the preparation of fine food or a fine coach. When you receive it, you'll love it.
Good to see another San Antonian on the board. We are in New Braunfels.

Maybe a Tx roundup is in order.

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ / 2011 Jeep Liberty
Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneal View Post
I wish you the best and hope it is truly JUST two weeks late. Our's was two months but our dealer owned about half of the delay. Sadly, I really don't think it matters to some dealers, these coaches are so popular that if you walk away someone else will take it.
We really love the Anthem and do not want to walk away. The floorplan and the beautifully appointed interior is perfect for us.

Our first motorhome (2012 40' Phaeton) was delivered on the due date, so I didn't know if the delayed delivery was a common occurrence with Entegra.
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:37 AM   #17

A delayed due date is a sign of the economy......like some others have said.....we
shall serve no wine, before its time....

Congratulations on a very fine coach.....
Old 10-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #18
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
As with anything manufactured, it takes a certain amount of time to build.
In the case of your RV, they probably advised you of its build completion date based on normal production.

Any time RV shows are held, it puts a "glut" of requests into a controlled build system. They can't make the line run faster, it just makes the order line run longer. No different than if you were in line at a drive through restaurant. You'd see a wait difference between 11:00 and lunch time.

The dealer should have done a follow up shortly after inputting the order and may have been able to give you a more realistic date. It may not have changed anything due to the amount of orders, but at least you would have had a more realistic expectation of delivery earlier and been able to base your plans on that.

Supply and demand has always been an issue in almost everything. Back orders are common due to inability to produce enough to keep up with need.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
We ordered our 2015 Anthem 44B 4 1/2 months ago, with a delivery date to LDs in Tampa of Oct 19th. We were told it may vary a day or two. We emailed our salesperson today to let him know we would be at LDs campground the end of next week. He emailed back that the delivery date has been moved back to Oct. 31st, which is very dissapointing, as we have made plans for the first part if Nov. to meet friends at a resort in South FL.

Since we ordered a 2012 Tiffin Phaeton in their new color in 2011, (our first motorhome) it is my only comparison. The Phaeton came in in less than 3 months, one day earlier than the delivery date, therefore we felt
over 4 months for th Anthem would be no problem.

Is this unusual, or th rule of thumb for Entegra?
Al,

Wait for it, you will not be disappointed with your decision. You will love the 44B as we do.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburklo View Post

Maybe a Tx roundup is in order.

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ / 2011 Jeep Liberty
There is one planned. ECOA rally in May.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
When my dealer and I had an issue "miscommunication" I asked for some compensation for the time and unplanned expenses I incurred because of the "miscommunication"

Dealer understood and made things right with a $500 gift card to purchase items in their parts store.

You may like that or something similar.

Life is a negotiating process.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote