Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2016, 09:11 AM   #1

Anthem 42RBQ Questions

The 42 RBQ has the washer/dryer located mid-ship. When the washer/dryer are operating, is it noisy in the living area?

And, what brand of washer/dryer is Entegra installing in the Anthem?
and: The Aviators: Stories of Helicopter Combat in Vietnam 1971-72
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK23 View Post
The 42 RBQ has the washer/dryer located mid-ship. When the washer/dryer are operating, is it noisy in the living area?

And, what brand of washer/dryer is Entegra installing in the Anthem?
Whirlpool washer/dryer. The sound isn't really noticeable with the TV on but when the spin cycle starts it gets pretty loud and can shake the coach a bit. What I didn't care about with the RBQ is you can't watch TV with the slides in and the wife likes the large pantry in the 44B.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #3

We have this floor plan...at first we wanted the 44B but there were none to be had in the color we wanted...so we settled with this...You know it's running, but that's about it...noise is not obtrusive...with slides in, easy to get to fridge but you squeeze past counter to get to half bath...but when this is open, lots of room.....and since we have front tv...we keep on GPS or wife uses tablet to watch tv online...so the tv being blocked with the slide in is a non issue with today's technology...last but not least...this is 43 ft where 44B is 44 11......coach fits in garage with just barely enough room to walk around it....if I had the 44B it would have not fit with the towbar in the trailer hitch...I have hurricane shutters in the rear of the garage and by code I have to keep them there...despite the fact that the house is up to code...If I had brought home the 44B....I would have had a problem. There's a reason for everything I guess.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Compared to our last MH, the Whirlpool is quiet when it running, very little noise from what we are use to, we don't even notice it.

As for the TV when the slides are in...we have had no problem using the front TV for viewing.

I am another one that has a size parking issue. I rented 12x40 ft of hanger space 12 years ago that I didn't want to give up. They were nice enough to squeeze 3 more feet for me. Also my driveway at home is 45 ft. A 45 ft MH puts my nose at the street. I live on a curve where some dummies can't seem to make the curve.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #5

We live in our motor home so storage length is not an issue. We presently have a 40 foot Tiffin Allegro Bus and had hoped to stay at 40 foot in length. However, it seems that to upgrade our motor home, we will have to go to tandem axle and 43 foot length. That's OK

Stuart, you mentioned it was tight to move past the refrigerator with the slides in. Do you have the booth dinette or the table/chair option? Looking at the floorplan, the table/chair option may have more aisle room with the slides in. Can someone confirm that?

Thanks for the input.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:28 PM   #6

A 44B or DEQ will allow you to pass thru easily.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:30 PM   #7

My question is in regard to the 42 RBQ
Old 06-26-2016, 02:46 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I am 215 lbs and have no problem getting through. The fridge can be fully opened with the slides closed. The only small area that protrudes is the round section of the kitchen counter. I am in and out of mine in storage all the time with the slides closed and I never even think about it.

Our last MH had the table and chairs. The booth in the RBQ was one of the selling points for us. It is one feature we have enjoyed is the large table and comfortable seating
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:23 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Best bet, for my money, is the DEQ. It has the largest, most livable salon Sq. Ft., and the least restriction when closed up. We will probably swap out the L-shaped couch as we did in our '13 Aspire DEQ for the couch with electric recliners by Lambright. We're going to talk to Vernon tomorrow about the timing of the change. Yes, we give up the extra bed, but no one ever sleeps in our coach except us, so we don't need it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1466976090.934269.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	131369

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:28 PM   #10

Here is the DEQ all closed up.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1466976532.414299.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	131370

Pat Bauer, President
2017 Anthem DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
Old 06-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #11

Oh, sorry....I thought you wanted options....not just RBQ....
Didn't mean to hijack your thread....

Pat Bauer, President
www.entegraowners.com
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
Old 06-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #12

Pat,

Thanks for the photos. Actually, we debated DEQ vs. RBQ. My wife didn't like the toilet next to the shower and no bath sink in the DEQ, so we moved to the RBQ. My priority is to have a recliner for watching TV. I was thinking I could replace the PS small sofa with a Euro-recliner. And, we wanted to be able to see TV while at the dining table. Sooo, that led to the RBQ, even though we have a concern about the washer/dryer midship.

We are still in the decision making mode and plan to see a 2016 40 RBQ tomorrow in Longmont, CO. That is the only 42 model they have and it is sold, but at least we can get an idea of floorpans and colors.

Question: In the DEQ, does the salon TV swivel for viewing at various angles?
Old 06-26-2016, 08:10 PM   #13

Our RBQ has the table chairs, couch and opposite loveseat option...we did not ask for it, but it was there and my wife loved the color combo, I was being picky about getting past that counter......I don't even think about it anymore...it was just me being picky...
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:40 PM   #14

We have a 2015 Anthem 42RBQ, and I am 285lbs and have no problem getting into 1/2 bath with slides retracted. However, I don't like the limited space to get clothes in and out of washing machine. My wife and I wish Entegra would offer a floor plan with a booth that has better tv viewing. Also, I hate the medicine cabinet in master bath as it covers the sink.

Having said all of that, we are picking up our 2017 Cornerstone 45B on July 18 at NIRVC.
hbatwell is offline   Reply With Quote