Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Anthem 44B Round shower door rollers broken

Hi there,

The hardware on our shower door is dragging and broken. We had it fixed in our 2 year warranty repairs and it worked fine until a few months ago. Does anyone have a source for the hardware for the round sliding doors? I do not think they are repairable unless you get some new parts. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2018, 02:11 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzyQ View Post
Hi there,

The hardware on our shower door is dragging and broken. We had it fixed in our 2 year warranty repairs and it worked fine until a few months ago. Does anyone have a source for the hardware for the round sliding doors? I do not think they are repairable unless you get some new parts. Thanks
I have no idea ... might want to call Entegra customer service and see what they can tell you. Otherwise, maybe take a picture of the current hardware and take it to Lowes and see if you can find anything there. Hope you can get it fixed once and for all! Miss you and Bob .... Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #3

Was in HD or Lowe’s, can’t remember which one, the other day and saw a shower that look extremely similar to ours, 44B. You may want to take a look there and see if they have parts. You just might luck out!!
Flanz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:11 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The maunufacturer is SEA, Shower Enclosures of America in Ontario, CA

The model Entegra has been using is the PRISM Series enclosure.

Give em a call, they might send you some.

Shower Enclosures of America, Inc.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:00 PM   #5

I had trouble with the doors dragging on the bottom lip of the shower and no amount of adjustment would correct it. I took the curved doors completely out and checked the aluminum framing of the glass as it seemed the doors were simply too long to clear at the bottom and there was not enough adjustment to compensate.

Sure enough they were too long... Because the screws that hold the aluminum frame together at the top corners were stripped out allowing the whole door frame and glass to hang too low. The aluminum framing around the curved glass is sort of like a picture frame and the screws that hold the corners together (and support the entire door) were what were stripped. They are verticle screws that screw from the top down into a channel in the aluminum framing. I found this because after the door was out and standing on the floor I found I could compress the joint by pushing down on the top of the framing. The root cause of all the problem was just what I observed...the door was too long because the stripped screw let it sag about a half inch too low at the bottom. Not real obvious either until the door is out and you can compress the joint at the top and bottom.

Took a while to find just the right screws that were just a bit longer to screw in past the stripped area. You do not want too big of a screw as it could expand the framing and break the glass. I actually found some in my hoard so I cannot tell you exactly what to look for until you have yours out but they looked like the screws used in electrical receptacles and switches to mount the units to the electrical box. Same thread. Like a 6-32 maybe.

After getting the joint tight and the door back to the right length it rolls perfectly. I found the trick was to tack all the slack out of the top adjustor so as to lift the door to the top of the adjustment and then lightly tension the bottom rollers to stabilize it.

To remove the doors you just have to go inside the shower and loosen the adjusters so there is no tension on the rollers and the door will lift off the track. The roller mechanism has to pivot slightly as the curve goes alongside the straight glass so be sure the movable guide with the wheels is on the track when reinstalling. it can be a bit hard on the patience getting all the wheels in the track at the same time.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:51 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Good info, thanks!

FYI you can also remove the curved doors by unscrewing the two bumpers in the center of the top extrusion. Then you roll the door toward the closed position and beyond so the top rollers drop out via the slot in the top extrusion. See step 5 & 6 in the instructions linked below. Manual says you may need to remove one of the handles to do this but I never needed to.

Manual link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzy...w?usp=drivesdk
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:10 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I removed my doors yesterday and found my roller adjusters frozen. I added a little lubricant and freed up the screws. Then I readjusted the rollers because the doors were slightly dragging on the fiberglass enclosure at the base. Wow, like new again. JimClick image for larger version

Name:	0817181101.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	215388Click image for larger version

Name:	0816181258.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	215389Click image for larger version

Name:	0816181257.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	215390
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks to your replies to our quest. Shower Door Enclosures of America made the doors. We called them several times and left messages. Finally one time they answered a guy told us that they did not have anything like that for round doors. We called around other places and they told us to Shower Enclosures of America so we called back and got a lady that asked for pictures she sent an email back and said they would send parts. Then the same guy that said they did not have those parts called and said the parts were in the mail, We got them and our doors are secured and rollings. Thanks for the help and be persistent if you need help they have the parts.

Tags
shower, door, anthem