Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #1

Anthem 44SL

Does anyone have an Anthem 44SL? There are none at any dealers that I can find and I was curious about the unit and the practicality of the floor plan.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #2

I doubt you'll find any at the dealerships. We saw one recently at the plant when we had our coach in for some minor stuff. The 44SL is the coach we hope to move up to in a few years. Livability is great. The only minor quibble would be it's a little tight getting through the passageway by the fridge. I didn't notice it but my daughter commented on it. My wife thought it was nothing to worry about. If you don't need a bath and a half I think it's the best layout they make IMO. It's incredibly spacious and open. The bathroom and bedroom are huge as well. Our 40DRQ is very spacious and open, but the extra 4-5 feet is really something. I don't think you could go wrong with the layout of the 44SL.
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Does anyone have an Anthem 44SL? There are none at any dealers that I can find and I was curious about the unit and the practicality of the floor plan.
Ed - I'm not aware of anyone on here that has the 44SL. In looking at the floor plan versus say the 44DLQ, the one big thing that comes to my mind is the split bath in the DL. With the DLQ, your two daughters can be at the vanity doing makeup etc, while someone is in the potty room. If you had the SL, that wouldn't be possible. The one advantage that I see to the DL is that the hallway thru the bath area continues straight into the bedroom giving you access when the slides are in. In both coaches, the PS couch folds out into a bed.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #4

Tom,

I think the 44DLQ is the one we looked at during our factory tour. That was the one, I believe, that closed off the bedroom with the slides in. For us that would be a deal breaker. We have traveled with our twins and my wife's parents (I know, punishment knows no limits) and we never had any bathroom issues. For us I don't think the bath and a half would be necessary. I can see us traveling with four or six people fairly regularly so that's why I'm interested in the 44Sl.

Ed
Old 09-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, when we were shopping we thought we wanted the RBQ (bath and a half). When visiting the factory we saw one and realized (and were told by Tadd Jenkins) that by having the bath in the back, the space had to come off the living area. For us, even though there are only 2 of us, we often have people visit during the day. Having a living area that is spacious is very important. This area in the RBQ seemed to be cramped especially with the frig in the middle of the PS slide. I don't mean to offend anyone here, I'm just saying for us, the 44DLQ is the most spacious and we know that the 44RBQ is perfect for others. All a matter of perspective.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #6

Agreed Tom that it just depends on what someone is doing and how they use their motorhome. For us, we travel in ours more than we stay in one spot. Maybe when I hang up my pencil and retire that will change, but for now we use our rig as a very large transportation mode. I'll still be on the lookout for that 44SL. I hope they don't discontinue that model when we are ready to make the move.

Ed
Old 09-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #7

We have the 44SL and we have 4 sons ages 10-16. We bought it because of the huge living space. We love it. THe fridge is in a tight space, but love having that big fridge. . I think they definitely could have done something with the jack knife sofa. It is useless. It was a huge disappointment for us.
If u have any other questions, please ask!
Momof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #8

At the Hershey RV Show in PA. this week, I know the RVDirect guys will be there with the full Line of Entegra Coaches on display. Entegra will have a Anthem 44DLQ at this show if you can get up there.
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #9

Thanks Rob. I have been trying to see what the Strollo boys will be taking to Hershey and I don't think they know yet what will be taken down. Hershey is about five hours from us, so it is a very doable trip. We may still just take a run down there next week and see what's there.

Ed
Old 09-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #10

I'll be at the Hershey RV Show as well on Sat, going to look at the Anthem 44 DLQ in person. Can't wait.
tdwayne69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #11

Just hung up with Robin at RVDirect out of Orlando, they will have 6 Entegra Coaches on display at Hershey with one "Driver" coach he thinks will be an Aspire. 3 Anthem's RBQ, DEQ and the 44 DLQ, 2 Aspire's RBQ and DEQ, and a Cornerstone RBQ. Seven total.

Last year at Hershey everything was under water. This year looks like perfect weather

See you at the show!
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #12

That sounds great, bring the "General" (aka my wife) and kids with me so she can see everything first hand. Since the General plays a heavy role on the purchasing decision. See you guys there.

Still Research The Anthem 44 DLQ and The Cornerstone 45K
tdwayne69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #13

Hopefully I'll make it down there tomorrow. We'll see. I'd love to see all the glitz and glory.