Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
Hoping to get warranty coverage. We bought the unit a couple months ago from Dixie RV in La. It was a repo unit. In Alabama today heading back to mid Ga. Am leaving for A planned trip to Disney in sunny 'Hot' Orlando on Friday. Can probably get by, but really would like to get it repaired. Know of any service facilities along I75 and Fl. Turnpike that would be able to handle the repair or replacement? Every dealer I call is booked. Guess that is the norm for this time of year.
If you're close to Atlanta call NIRVC, my guess they'll get you in if at all possible. If it comes down to it talk to Todd. Noel

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #16

RVOne in Winter Park (Orlando area) off Fairbanks Road and I-4. Not the best location drive wise, but it is a source....GOOD LUCK!

FireEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:38 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
The problem I ran into when our front A/C had to be replaced was none of the dealers in the area I was in (Black Hills) stocked the new low profile A/C. They said they were to new to stock so one had to be ordered. The fastest place to have one shipped was Denver, 4 day straight shot from Kansas. We detoured the 400 miles to Denver for the swap. Call ahead as I am sure a unit will have to be located if it is going to be replaced.

We also found that a small Coleman authorized A/C shop was same day service where RV dealers couldn't get to us for a month.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #18

No luck yet on getting the A/C fixed. Gonna get up on the roof this afternoon when the sun goes down( it is hot here. 98 today) and check a few items as per the service tech from NIRVC in Atlanta. Had heard a lot about there service so gave them a call. Said they could not get to it until July, but were more than willing to give me some pointers.
If no air isn't enough, now have a coolant leak. The coolant purge tank fill window has broken and coming out. Anyone had this issue also? Noticed it was leaking when checking engine area during warm up for return trip. Pulled the retaining nut and window, inspected and tightened it slightly. No leak then, but leaked when driving and now have stains all over back of coach from the hot coolant. Sure hope it will polish out. Got to get my shelter up, so I can at least work in the shade! GrAndy
Old 06-14-2016, 06:10 PM   #19

The A/C on my trailer most likely isn't any different than on your coach. The cover comes off and there are four lag bolts that hold the a/c unit onto the roof. I had to remove mine (real easy to do) to fix the lousy metal tape job the factory did - tape was balled up and blocking the duct work.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your AC problem, sounds like it may need replacing.

With regards to the sight glass on the expansion tank if it is the original bubble glass they were prone to leaking and difficult to see through. Make sure you get the new flat clear glass insert.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	130309  

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #21

Thx, 757DRIVER for the photo. I will be sure to get the upgraded part. For now, had to put a pipe plug in it as we are headed out Friday. The plug does have a radiator drain petcock in it. That way I can open the petcock to check fluid level.
My A/C problem seems to have fixed itself. After leaving the breaker off a couple days, I crawled up on the roof to check fan operation. My DW turned the breaker back on for me and it has been working fine. Temp test between the inlet and outlet vents are 15-20 degrees different and it cools down to 75 degrees. Had checked the connections in the breaker box, but did not see anything loose. Could have been loose where the breaker contacts the bar. We will see. Headed to sunny Florida and sure it will be run quite abut for the next 10 days. Thx, to all who gave advice on this. GrAndy
Old 06-16-2016, 06:58 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Glad to hear "rebooting" fixed the A/C. Looks like the A/C's are another computer unit. Thanks for sharing the fix and let us know if it continues to work here in our heat.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #23

When you reset a circuit breaker over the drivers seat be sure and push it all the way down then all the way up. Sometimes they don't always reset if you don't get all the way to the stops.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:00 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
GrAndy,

Seems strange that it trips the breaker for a few days then stops. This problem may return in the future.

If it happens again (with all power removed) I would check the security of the wires behind the AC breaker panel, you may have a loose one.

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:16 PM   #25

Just a quick note and follow up on my A/C issues. We just returned from Disney after 9 days there. Only issue we had with the air conditioning was the mid unit tripped the breaker in the coach once. Front unit is no longer tripping the breaker, but does not cool properly. Can only get the temp down to around 80.

Will try and get my 2 year visit to the factory scheduled this week. Seems everything else on the coach has something that needs attention. My to do list has about 40 items that need attention. Not sure this is normal for an Entegra. I know all makes have issues, but was expecting a bit more from Entegra. We love the Anthem so far. Will reassess it after the factory visit. It is more coach than we actually were looking for, but we got a great deal on it.

Got the dash readout for the fuel mileage reset and was surprised that this trip out was 10.5. Loaded down with 3 adults, 4 grands and full tanks and luggage. Average speed was around 60 mph. Not quite as good on return, only 8.8 at around 70 mph. After 9 days in Disney, I pushed it a bit harder coming home.
Have an air intake issue that am going to put on another post. Air intake restriction gauge showing about 1/2 way up with new filter. See the post for more info.
Have a great day, GrAndy
Old 06-27-2016, 06:07 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
GrAndy,
Hate to say this, but in 2014 Entegra went through a major management change. There were a few of our 2014 coaches that were put together with very bad plant moral and terrible winter weather conditions. There are some not so well built coaches during that period of time. Entegra has been great getting everything taken care of and apologizing, but the pill of constant repairs is still hard to swallow for some of us that paid top $ for what was to be a great coach.

It is not just Entegra, it is their suppliers putting out less the quality items, like Coleman A/C's. Many have had failures and or fans breaking. Coleman knows the fans and mounts are bad, but won't recall them. Instead they let the customer find out when it's needed in 100 degree weather that it's broken. Nice way to ruin a trip and a nice way for a company to treat customers for a known problem. The fan blades are on later models, but the mounts are as early as late 2013.....Rant over.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:13 PM   #27

After 10 weeks in the shop for a multitude of issues, they finally had the front A/C trip the breaker. This has added(due to shipping time) another 2 weeks to the in shop time. Picking the Anthem up end of this week. have 2 days to get it checked over, washed, and reloaded for trip to Charlotte, NC.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:02 PM   #28

On the road since pickup the coach from shop last Thursday. One of the items on the service list was to repair or replace the heat/ air systems thermostat. Repair order states "inspected, check memory, all function, everything works".

After 4 days on the road, have had to power down numerous times to reset, as thermostat would lock up. All air units shut down.

After talking with the tech from Air Products, he says the thermostat is locking up due to interference voltage from an outside source. Anyone else have this issue? If so, what were your findings? One test he suggested was to check ac voltage on the solid red to solid blue wire going into the thermostat. Should have less than 1 milli volt.

Also learned that if the thermostat has been changed to the newer vertical one, that the control boxes in each air unit should have been changed. Way I understand it is that they communicate with the thermostat. The new communication box part #9630-751, should be on the part.

Tech also stated that if the units had been working at all, it should have the correct comm box. And that more than likely I have an electrical interference issue. Which may be caused by one of the other systems on the coach. Knowing that, where the heck would I start with all the gadgets on an Anthem! Have to get on the roof and check, just out of curiosity, that all ac's have the correct control box.
Gonna get this thing fixed somehow! GrAndy

Tags
ems, problems