Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2016, 06:01 PM   #1

Anthem A/C Having problems

Our '14 Anthem DEQ is having issues with the front A/C unit. It is not cooling properly and will trip the coach ac power breaker after running foe a while. Any ideas on this? Have not looked at it as we are on road and have no way to get on roof to inspect. Hoping for a quick fix, as we are headed to Disney for the HOT Florida sun on Friday after we return home tomorrow.
Thanks, GrAndy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2016, 06:30 PM   #2

Andy, we had the same issue with our DEQ front AC about year and a half ago. Not sure what the actual cause was, but Entegra/Beaver Coach Sales replaced the unit under warranty. Have you contacted Entegra customer service?

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland WA
2014 Anthem 42DEQ

pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:37 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
If it's tripping the breaker, I don't think there is a quick fix. If you are not able to get on the roof to remove the cover and take a look, you might have to call a mobile service. Our front A/C also had to be replace, all of the coolant leaked out.

One thing you might try is pushing in on the circuit breaker and recycle it. It's a long shot but worth a try.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:03 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Make sure it is not your shore pedestal. I had the same problem in Phoenix last week and the pedestal voltage would fluctuate, causing it to lose a "leg".
Old 06-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #5

Try it under generator power to eliminate power issues.

'For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor, the protected will never know'
Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Our 14 Anthem has a failed front AC unit also. It quit at 23 months while on a long trip. Entegra is paying for warranty service this week. It turns out there are only two serviceable parts on those Coleman AC units. The fan and the start capacitor. Most times the techs analyze the problem, 10 min later they look to replace the whole unit. You gotta wonder why they build them like that.

Take some solace on your 2014. Those Coleman Mach8, Airxcel is units have a three year warranty from the manufacturer, so 2 years is not the limit.

We toured for a month with a dead front unit in hot temperatures. We closed most of the rear air vents and ran the rear two AC units on high cool and it was tolerable.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #7

It does trip breaker under generator power. Also while hooked to shore power at a hook up with 2 individual 30 amp breakers, it would trip one leg of the shore power. Bro box, I will check the breaker in am to see if it may be loose. Only had the unit 3 months, unsure about any factory warranty.
Thank y'all for the replays. GrAndy
Old 06-12-2016, 09:33 PM   #8

Have replaced these roof airs on trailers in the past, they were bolted in from inside of the unit. Anyone know how these are secured to roof? as there is no access from the ceiling inside the coach.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
If it's tripping the breaker, I don't think there is a quick fix. If you are not able to get on the roof to remove the cover and take a look, you might have to call a mobile service. Our front A/C also had to be replace, all of the coolant leaked out.

One thing you might try is pushing in on the circuit breaker and recycle it. It's a long shot but worth a try.
Also make sure the wire behind the fuse panel above driver seat is attached tight and or intact
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:30 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I found out the Coleman's can be rebuilt, Coleman just doesn't do it. The owner of the company that replaced ours in Denver was an old friend of my wife's. His shop is just down the street from Camping World.

Coleman gives the shops the bad units, they do not have to be sent back. He said mine was an easy repair, bad solder joint, he cuts the line and installs a charge valve. He had mine already sold for $900. CW calls him all the time if he has any rebuilts.

If you are not under warranty, contact a non RV A/C shop. RV shops only remove and replace same as auto A/C shops. He does a lot of CW A/C repairs as CW only R&R's. If you are close to Denver let me know and I'll get the shops name. He is right across the hwy from Dakota Ridge RV Park.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:09 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Something is probably causing a drag on the compressor. That will cause the breaker to throw. Had the same thing happen. There are 4 bolts on top that hold the unit on. They will only have to go inside to turn the ac on.
RL57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:43 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
SAS

I asked the same thing about the bolt mounts. On the 2014 and newer Anthems the shroud is removed from on top and the units are bolted from top down. I haven't proven that yet, but that's what I was told by CS. On my 2013 Aspire they were bolted from bottom up.

I totally believe what Chuck is saying about the units "can" be repaired by the right guy....like they used to do....it's just if my units are under warranty repair and they want to swap in new units, go ahead.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #13

Hoping to get warranty coverage. We bought the unit a couple months ago from Dixie RV in La. It was a repo unit. In Alabama today heading back to mid Ga. Am leaving for A planned trip to Disney in sunny 'Hot' Orlando on Friday. Can probably get by, but really would like to get it repaired. Know of any service facilities along I75 and Fl. Turnpike that would be able to handle the repair or replacement? Every dealer I call is booked. Guess that is the norm for this time of year.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #14

Last summer I had a unit fail on my Cornerstone when it was only 3 months old. In my case, they had to replace the whole unit. It will probably be difficult to get that done while you're on the road. Ironically, we were also at Disney when ours went out, and we had to go the remainder of the trip without the rear bedroom unit. DW was not happy, so I feel for you...

RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems