Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #1

Anthem alignment

Taking in anthem for service to spartan what is a rough cost for a alignment or to check to see if it needs one
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
On my previous Spartan chassis it was in the neighborhood of $300.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
FWIW (please don't shoot me)

Had an interesting experience at the Spartan School in August. I asked for an alignment and the tech said, "Why" I told him I was having no issues but that a number of folks here had suggested that was something we should all get after delivery.

He took me to the coach and ran his hand over the tire several times and said "You don't need one and it would be a waste of $300"

He said that the tires will show uneven wear almost immediately and you can feel a difference in the tread edges.

I'm not trying to say he's right and others may know better, but so far I feel nothing either at the wheel or when I hand test the treads. I do plan to ask again in May at annual service.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #4

Thx salty
Old 03-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #5

I called to set up an appointment with Spartan for a number of things including the 44 point check, which had been highly recommended, and we talked about an all wheel alignment and the tech said he has never seen a new unit that didn't need one. He said they deliver to Entegra a bare naked chassis then they hang onto it over 30,000 pounds that are not equally spread out. Makes sense to me. So we added that to our list. He said the first alignment is covered by Entegra. FYI
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
This is on my 2013 Thor Challenger at 6,000 miles with too much toe-in. It drove fine, no pulling or hunting. (We traded it for our Anthem)

The tire with tread showing is the passenger side from the front, the other is driver from the rear. The only way I found it was by accidentally parking with the wheels turned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2540819750.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	379.4 KB
ID:	58901   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1188753151.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	464.8 KB
ID:	58902  

TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
First alignment is covered by Entegra only if it needs alignment. If alignment is not needed you get to pay for the check which costs the same as an alignment.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #8

Thx bart
Old 03-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Think the Spartan guy's name was Bill. He is about 90 years old (well maybe an old 65). He showed me with a couple of coaches tires Sure enough I could feel what he was talking about. He ask where I got my alignment....told him Josams in Orlando and had about 7000 miles on it...his response...those guys know what they're doing!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
When we picked up our anthem RBQ and drove it home, it wandered all over the road. Took it to JoSam in Orlando toe was out by 3/8 inch. Great for NASCAR, not good for a motorhome. Entegra picked up the bill. There were a number of Entegra's that were aligned at JoSam, all were way out!
crowleytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I have paid over $500 for a couple alignment checks that my test pilot butt could feel but the tech's tools couldn't verify. I'm not saying to not go get it checked but be ready to pick up the tab if they don't say it's off.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Vance,

I don't doubt you feel something...pilots are that way, particularly test pilots. If something is not right after the first check, you need to be talking to Spartan (recommend Scott Wixson) Help Desk (he's the head guy there). Probably need to be pulled into a Spartan facility and checked out. The only time I don't feel like my Anthem is driving like a dream is when I'm pulling crosswinds and the direction of the steering wheel gives me pause, but when the winds die, it is right bcd on the straight and narrow, unless the road is crowned or you have those infernal truck tire ruts.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
My last dealing with Scott cost me $346. Local Spartan shop said nothing was wrong. Test drives also cost $ that Spartan doesn't cover if they don't find anything (makes sense actually). I will head to Spartan after Branson. Part of my issue could be a huge lack of experience. My coach tracks well, no pulling, there is just an odd vibration in the rear. Absolutely no comparison to my Thor! I am actually thrilled with the ride and drive of my Anthem, but the vibration drives me nuts! (Short drive!)
Old 03-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Vibration...out of balance tires maybe???? But them making you pay really surprises me...I went through the wringer with engine/ABS/Check Transmission Faults with Scott. He hung in there over four months and never questioned additional checks, but he had to approve them if and when he thought we might move further down the road. My only disappointment was I ended up at the factory on my own dime to attend the class as well as let there electric guy search for the problem. We even had a cold room in Indiana booked ($250 an hour as the next stop). Turned out to be $200 worth of batteries. But the owners class was worth it (although I thought they shoulda given me a discount)