Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
This issue, which is common to many Entegra owners was discussed at the Lazy Days rally. Short of a specific problem to your coach, when you auto level the coach the jacks start coming down and then the air dumps. Because there are more air bags in the rear they do not completely deflate prior to the jacks hitting the ground and starting to raise the coach. Therefore, you are starting with the back higher all the time. The rear will always take longer to deflate. Temporary (manual) solution would be to go through the process until the jacks hit the ground and then raise them up,,,without the coach running. Then run the process again and thus will allow ALL the air to deflate in the rear.

It was explained by Ted Cook that they have a newer programming for the equalizer auto level program which will change the timing of the dump of air and the jacks coming down to allow for more time for the rear to exhaust all the air.

I will be in Middlebury on Monday for my PDI and have it on my list to be updated/fixed.
I do almost exactly as you do, that is essentially run auto-level, then raise the jacks, then autolevel again. All with the ignition off. I get it to be low and level. I have the issue on my PDI list already for June, and hope for the new programming.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2015, 09:32 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Mine has never dumped the rear for auto level. And, as you stated the end result is you are up on stilts when you are able to level. If there is any front to rear slope of parking site I cannot get it to level and get excess slope warning. Aside the leveling issue the front airbags will leak down in a very few hours. Front won't stay aired up when parked and back won't dump when leveling. Very frustrating,,,,
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry0312 View Post
Mine has never dumped the rear for auto level. And, as you stated the end result is you are up on stilts when you are able to level. If there is any front to rear slope of parking site I cannot get it to level and get excess slope warning. Aside the leveling issue the front airbags will leak down in a very few hours. Front won't stay aired up when parked and back won't dump when leveling. Very frustrating,,,,
Jerry, they can/will put check valves in that will stop the front air bags from going down. Also they put six air dump valves in our mh before they got one that doesn't leak. If your front air system doesn't stay above 65psi for at least a couple of days, should hold for a couple of weeks, then you have a leak that should be fixed. Mine did drop to 65psi or less overnight, but will not stay up for three to four weeks. I also have the check valves installed for the air bags. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry0312 View Post
As I mentioned previously, you are probably missing a signal line from the front air valve to the rear. That was one of my problems that the dealer fixed.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:09 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Jerry, they can/will put check valves in that will stop the front air bags from going down. Also they put six air dump valves in our mh before they got one that doesn't leak. If your front air system doesn't stay above 65psi for at least a couple of days, should hold for a couple of weeks, then you have a leak that should be fixed. Mine did drop to 65psi or less overnight, but will not stay up for three to four weeks. I also have the check valves installed for the air bags. Noel
Noel, our coach leaks down overnight on the front also. No problems with the rear at all. Additionally, I seem to have a leak just while driving down the road. I can almost watch the front air gauge slowly drop down. Makes the compressor work pretty hard to keep up with this constant air loss. It's in the shop now and this is one of the squawks. Can't wait to see what the "fix" is. Were the check valves installed as a fix to your problem or were they a suggestion that you paid for to fix the problem?
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw8602 View Post
Noel, our coach leaks down overnight on the front also. No problems with the rear at all. Additionally, I seem to have a leak just while driving down the road. I can almost watch the front air gauge slowly drop down. Makes the compressor work pretty hard to keep up with this constant air loss. It's in the shop now and this is one of the squawks. Can't wait to see what the "fix" is. Were the check valves installed as a fix to your problem or were they a suggestion that you paid for to fix the problem?
The two problems, in my case were separate. The check valves were installed because the front would drop down fairly quick. That solved that problem, but it would lose down to 65psi or less overnight and like yours would cycle fairly often on the road. There was a couple of other minor leaks, but the main problem was the air dump valve. It will now hold above 65psi on both gauges for weeks and while I haven't had it back on the road I'm certain the above will also be reflected there. Everything was under warranty. Noel
On my previous post it should say my air will NOW stay above 65psi for three to four weeks. Instead of saying will NOT
Old 05-07-2015, 10:45 AM   #21

Our coach reacts exactly the same as OP. We're scheduled for Middlebury August 24, will be on my repair list.
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgilmore View Post
Our coach reacts exactly the same as OP. We're scheduled for Middlebury August 24, will be on my repair list.
Hi, Danny. Tell Cindi we said Hi. We're headed to Texas Sat. For rally and Granddaughters graduation. Probably will still see you in Middlebury. Noel
Old 05-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Bill in FL and I ran a test on my MH today on the rear air dump and how much.

Aired up sitting level fender well about 3 inches above the rear tires.

Rear jack manually lowered to touch the ground, air slowly bled off... fender well 1.5 inches above the tire, a 2x4 just fit.

Auto level used, rear air dumped completely, 0 inches of height from fender well to top of tire.

Hope this helps.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
The two problems, in my case were separate. The check valves were installed because the front would drop down fairly quick. That solved that problem, but it would lose down to 65psi or less overnight and like yours would cycle fairly often on the road. There was a couple of other minor leaks, but the main problem was the air dump valve. It will now hold above 65psi on both gauges for weeks and while I haven't had it back on the road I'm certain the above will also be reflected there. Everything was under warranty. Noel
On my previous post it should say my air will NOW stay above 65psi for three to four weeks. Instead of saying will NOT
Thanks Noel. If my problem was not corrected, maybe this will help to solve it.
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #25

Hi Noel, safe travels to Texas!! Congratulations to your graduate, I know you & Lois are very proud. Say hi to Lois, looking forward to seeing the two if you in Middlebury. I'm a big pastry fan, from everyone's comments, can't wait to sample Rise N Roll. Mmmmm Danny
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgilmore View Post
Hi Noel, safe travels to Texas!! Congratulations to your graduate, I know you & Lois are very proud. Say hi to Lois, looking forward to seeing the two if you in Middlebury. I'm a big pastry fan, from everyone's comments, can't wait to sample Rise N Roll. Mmmmm Danny
If you try Rise N Roll you may never go back to Ca.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Noel I had considered the check valves but was hesitant to go that route. After your post I have added that to my Spartan visit 28 Sep. The Spartan visit follows my Middleton PDI scheduled for 14 Sep. I purposely left a week between what the PDI should take so that if any issues required additional time at Middleton we could accommodate extra time. Since my coach fell into the "Tadless" time period, I want to have a coach compatible with the new Tad quality level when I depart, and I am confident that will be the case.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Danged auto correct Middlebury not Middleton. Grrrr,,,,,

Tags
leveling