Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I just spoke with Villa furniture last week and was told they are super busy until the 4th of July when the RV industry slows down for a couple of weeks. Wasn't told why, but it now makes sense.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2017, 10:09 AM   #16

Our delivery was bumped up to June 12th,(ordered march 1st)
Got these pics a few weeks ago
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3220.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	162663   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3223.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	333.9 KB
ID:	162664  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3225.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	162665   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3226.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	162666  

jeffnjen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:05 PM   #17

Well, let me confirm that their is indeed a 2 week shutdown over the 4th, at least according to my sales guy. My delivery date of July 10th "included that 2 week shutdown". One might reasonably ask why it has to sit there for two weeks? I'll wait a day or two before I bother my salesman again. I do have a VIN# I can gaze at. Seems like the start date should have been last week.

I want photos. Jeff, how did you get yours?
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
I want photos. Jeff, how did you get yours?
My salesperson, just surprised me one day...and they showed up in my email
jeffnjen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Dan, the dates you have are confusing from what I saw last summer. Nothing moved during that 2 week shut down. The 10th is in the middle of the 2 week closure. Hopefully they will have yours finished and on the way before the summer break.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Dan, the dates you have are confusing from what I saw last summer. Nothing moved during that 2 week shut down. The 10th is in the middle of the 2 week closure. Hopefully they will have yours finished and on the way before the summer break.
Jeez Chuck, just when I start feeling good along you come with another post. The 10th is on a Monday so I naturally assumed they were closing down the week of June 26th and July 3 and back to work on the 10th. Is that incorrect? Maybe someone knows the official dates?
Old 05-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Dan, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but last year, the 4th fell on a Monday. The shut down started that weekend July 2nd and lasted for 2 weeks. My PDI was scheduled for Tues. the 5th and nothing but service was open. I think I would call Entegra and get the dates direct from the source. I would hate for your schedule to get caught in the middle of it like mine did. If it was like last year, the first Sat. would be July 1st with a return date of Mon the 17th. I hope it is not the same this year and your dates are correct.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:08 PM   #22

I called CS and couldn't get through as they were experiencing technical difficulties. My wife found another number and the operator advised that the "computers had been down since 6:00 am". She did look up the factory closure dates and this year they close from July 3-July 10th. The operator wasn't sure whether they would reopen the 10th or 11th and advised that they would be taking another week around Labor day.

Sure is nice to be retired so I can devote time to this . I'll check w/CS tomorrow for the official word.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
That is good news, the dates are in your favor. We will be up there around that time, maybe I can check on your coach for you. We plan on spending a week in Shipshewana after the 4th, but no date set yet.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That is good news, the dates are in your favor. We will be up there around that time, maybe I can check on your coach for you. We plan on spending a week in Shipshewana after the 4th, but no date set yet.
Chuck, thanks for the offer. That would be great! Nothing like "feet on the ground", especially knowledgeable feet.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I called CS and couldn't get through as they were experiencing technical difficulties. My wife found another number and the operator advised that the "computers had been down since 6:00 am". She did look up the factory closure dates and this year they close from July 3-July 10th. The operator wasn't sure whether they would reopen the 10th or 11th and advised that they would be taking another week around Labor day.

Sure is nice to be retired so I can devote time to this . I'll check w/CS tomorrow for the official word.

Are you figuring on "delivery date" as the date it goes out of the plant or the date the dealer has it ready for you? I have been informed it could two weeks after it comes out of paint to be transported to the dealer. So if the 10th is your dealer delivery to you date you could be fine. If the 10th is when it is supposed to be ready for delivery transport, that is another story.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Are you figuring on "delivery date" as the date it goes out of the plant or the date the dealer has it ready for you? I have been informed it could two weeks after it comes out of paint to be transported to the dealer. So if the 10th is your dealer delivery to you date you could be fine. If the 10th is when it is supposed to be ready for delivery transport, that is another story.
Generally that's true. But, I whined so long and hard about the delivery date being moved out that my dealer traded my place in the queue for an earlier slot. He's also made arrangements for a driver to be available as soon as the coach comes off the line rather than waiting for a pool driver. At least that's what he tells me. Four days from Middlebury to Bend. We'll see.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Four days from Middlebury to Bend. We'll see.
If you get my delivery driver.....he'll be there in three. For grins check the MPG when the coach arrives. Mine was 5.3 MPG, that guy was cookin.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

FWIW - The entire RV industry in Elkhart is dead over July 4th. Some for one week and some for two. With many suppliers out for the count, the manufacturers can't get anywhere so two weeks is beginning to be the norm. They probably got used to it during the slow years and just haven't been able to cut back to one week now that things are rolling. It's a community so to a certain point they all have to do the same thing because they rely on each other.

As to build timeframes:

It depends on what time of the day your chassis pulls into bay 1. There are three or four per day so that determines exactly which day your coach will be on any particular station. Bays 1 and 2 are electrical where they pull the cables through the chassis, mount the firewall components, add the batteries and install the generator. Bay 2 adds some basement flooring, the cargo trays and the Equalizer jack are connected and cycled through a machine to remove any air pockets (hopefully).

The next day (day 3) is bay 3 where the Aqua-Hot, cord reel and transfer switch are installed. The water pump, macerator and basic plumbing lines are added. Chassis insulation and foam is added here too. The floor is built in an adjacent area and the sidewall frames are also built in another area.

Day 4 and bay 4 is when the floor is added to the frame and it looks like a big bowling alley. The cabinets all come down from the mezzanine in a cradle and are set on the floor in bay 5. More plumbing is added in bay 6, including the wet bay panel. Sidewalls are then installed on day 5.

Day 6 adds the cockpit cabinetry and begins the tile installation. Day 9 the tile is cleaned and excess grout removed and plastic guide clips removed. The roof the gets installed, which was built in a side area the day before.

Day 7 was more work on the sidewalls and the front and rear caps are added on day 8. Electrical wiring is run through the sidewalls and roof.

Day 10 the roof is capped and the A/C units, satv dish, vent fans, etc are all added. Roof awnings are added if time permits.

Day 12 the coach gets windows, the generator cap, etc.

Days 14 and 15 were misc trim work. Undercoating on day 11.

Soon after it goes off to paint, comes back 2 weeks (3 for a Cornerstone) later and takes another week for final fit and finish plus inspections and rework.

Note that all of this was when the first 2016 was built in the new plant. Things may have changed as they refined their processes. Also, my notes are based upon dates my photos were taken but sometimes I shot another coach to cover what I missed while I was gone at the paint or chassis weld shops so there may be some variances with my list so don't take it as too literal.

Every day has it's moments so I can't really say which day is the best to be there. However, all aspects are going on at the same time so if you want to see tile being laid you can just look at another coach on the line. Possibly seeing the walls go on the floor and the4 cabinets coming down might make it more personal to most?

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote