Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2018, 08:22 AM   #1

Anthem CB radio install

I recently installed a CB in my 2018 Anthem. It is a Uniden cb with weatherband Install was straight forward with power hook up etc. the antenna coax was run up the drivers side pillar thru the cabinets. The antenna is a side mount “no ground plane firestick”. Thru the cabinet you can reach out to the side of the RV, Drilled a hole carefully and mounted antenna and coax. The antenna height does not exceed the factory radio antenna. Sealed around antenna with caulk and it does not leak. I checked the swr and it is at 1.4 on channels 1-20-40. Very happy with install. I use the Cb for traffic conditions, slow downs etc. the endless chatter of years past is gone. The squelch button set just right keeps it that way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A93D9B66-1F16-4769-930D-D1A968D2E98B.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	191247   Click image for larger version

Name:	CCA3A0F0-BDC2-41C5-88D6-D0BF7F518BCE.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	191248  

Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2018, 08:25 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Great job. Looks good
Old 02-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #3

Anthem C/B radio install

Slice,
Great install.
Can you provide the model numbers of the radio and the antenna and where you bought them?
Also, where did you pick up the power for the 12 volt supply to the radio?

Many thanks...The Orca
Balladeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #4

The radio is a Uniden bearcat 980ssb. This is a cb radio with upper and lower side bands. I purchased it thru Snake Radio Customs - Home it was built up from stock.
The antenna is a Firestick 3 ft “no ground plane antenna”.
The whole kit can be bought on amazon.com
The whole package was about $350.00. Like I said the radio ain’t stock. . Power was picked up off the brake controller connector. Big pink wire. It’s a 12 gauge wire which has plenty of amperage for the radio.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B6A23458-A2B3-4AB5-8376-6D3CE6297D60.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	191258  
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #5

CB

Thanks for posting. I've been wanting to do the same. I had a Cobra CB in my Monaco Sig and I loved it. Maybe this post will motivate me.....
DonGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:02 PM   #6

Here is an alternative view, and one that I am only relatively new to this perspective. I have found few motorcoach CB radios that work very well as the coach is mostly fiberglass a good distance away from the metal chassis, which is not a good way to operate any antenna, particularly one that should be 105” long to operate efficiently!!

Several people who haunt this reflector made the argument in a previous thread that CB radios are “SO YESTERDAY” that it is really a poor substitute for a better solution, and they argued for real-time smart phone apps such as Waze”. I had the app and played with it a little bit but it was not until last months trip to Quartzsite and back that I really used the app for long distances, and real-time lane information, road repair situations, state police, etc Etc. Much to my surprise, I found Waze to be very helpful and largely removed the need for a CB radio, and not having to listen to the mindless garbage found on the CB BANDS. So I am a new believer in real time apps and while I have a new CB radio (Uniden) and a top shelf house base station my son bought while driving big rigs, I plan not to install either. Before going to the hassle of installing a CB, give an app like Waze a try to see what you think. I am a convert and have 2 CBS for sale. PM me

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I finally found your post! Will show my darling asap. I am NOT impressed with the search function on IRV2. Your post never showed up in all the different ways I tried, even using the exact title. So before I replied to your comment on my post with a request for a link, I tried CB+Radio and bam, there you were! LOL
AbuelaLoca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:37 AM   #8

Abu...

You might have tried this already, but if you begin any search in the box at the top of the iRV2 page with this notation Entegra: and then what you are searching for, it usually works very well in bringing up the link you want on the first page.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Very nice installation. I've thought about adding one to ours as our last coach had a CB. Actually used it once.

Tags
install, radio