Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #15

Would love to change our electric top for an induction. The DW hates the electric one because the controls get to hot to touch when using the front burner at high temps. Kenyon makes induction cooktops that are in a portrait orientation. I would think that one of those would drop right in the current cooktop opening. The problem is that they are 240 volts. Has anyone seen one that is 120 volts? I keep searching but can't come up with one.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just picked up a portable (BIG BOSS) induction unit, I like the fact the installed stove is Gas, so I can cook even if there is no 120vac present, but when I have 120vac.....

My cooking preference as a cook

Gas
Induction
Resistance element (hot burner electric)

My choice if electricity is free... Well I have to pay for propane so you can figure out it moves to last place.

My Pressure cooker (Works very well, but alas, needs gas, NOT induction compatable and hot wire job does not generate enough hot)

With one exception (one small Lodge cast iron fry pan, about big enough for ONE hamburger patty or a grilled cheese sandwich, no bigger) NOTHING I had in the kitchen would work with it.

Today, Two T-Fal Professional skillets, That little one I mentioned, and a nice six quart Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven, oh, and a Basic Essentials Chef's pan I had in storage.. Those work.. Have used the Chef's pan a few times.

I like the thing much better than the hot wire type.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Our Anthem didn't have an induction and my plan was to swap it out for one after delivery. However, I've used the electric burners a couple of times and think I'll just stick with them - at least for the time being. They work fine. Only negative I have with the "kitchen" is that anytime I cook anything in the convection microwave, once I open it - the fire alarm goes off. Guess the alarm is way to close to the "heat" from the food or oven. Anyone have any suggestions for a fix, other than disconnecting it, which I won't do!
Hi Debbie,
I have to always turn the fan on while I am cooking to prevent the smoke alarm from going off.
foxyhigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:01 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Make sure the flap covering the exhaust fan on the exterior of the coach is unhooked or you are not venting to the outside. There are little tabs there so it can be fastened when moving so no rattling. I think they can be reached with the awning pole.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:56 AM   #19

I'm surprised... !

I posted previously in this thread that I will be taking possession of a new 2015 Anthem 44B next Monday (we are still doing a lot of preliminary paperwork) and I said that my Anthem is supposed to arrive with a conventional electric cooktop in it, and I would be very surprised if it arrived with an induction cooktop.

Well, I am very surprised today!! My salesman at MHSRV in Alvaredo, TX called me to tell me that my Anthem arrived with an induction cooktop and it was the first Anthem that they have received that had the induction cooktop. He was calling to let me know that I would need induction compatible cookware when we arrived to get the coach. He could not remember whether it was "portrait" or "landscape" oriented (the conventional electric cooktop was a Kenyon "portrait" two burner). Whether this is similar to the Cornerstone or not, I don't know. I will post again when I get there to see it, or the salesman calls me back to let me know.

My guess is that this is a model year change and that they will be standard in the 2016 Anthems, but that is purely a guess. I am aware that most coach manufacturers make changes late in a model year that are then standard in the next model year. Now, that is all a guess.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #20

The Aspire TKs that have been shown all contained induction cooktops.
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:31 AM   #21

Good News!!!!!!

I have made contact with Kenyon. They have told me that they have a 120v induction cook top which comes in both landscape and portrait orientations. It must be new because they told me that will begin shipping March 2nd. It is smaller than the current B41540 electric cook top installed in the Anthem. Measures 20 X 12 and has two 6 1/2 inch burners, black glass with a clear mat. They also have a stainless steel frame that will allow it to be installed in the B41540 cut out. Cost is $995 plus $50 for the frame. I have an interactive PDF order form that I can email to anyone interested. I have attached the brochure PDF.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SilKEN2-RV.pdf (369.5 KB, 50 views)
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Just a thought - we have the Induction Cooker installed vertically. It seems to both DW and me that this gives us better countertop use than horizontal would. The space next to sink is wide enough to chop and other stuff. If we were horizontal, the space would be narrow and it seems as if it would be harder to use.

We didn't have an option since that's how the original cooktop was oriented. Having the controls on the side looks a bit klugy, but it works.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with you on the vertical orientation. It's a much better use of counter space. Some cooktops have controls in the corner, which would allow for either orientation.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
I have made contact with Kenyon. They have told me that they have a 120v induction cook top which comes in both landscape and portrait orientations. It must be new because they told me that will begin shipping March 2nd. It is smaller than the current B41540 electric cook top installed in the Anthem. Measures 20 X 12 and has two 6 1/2 inch burners, black glass with a clear mat. They also have a stainless steel frame that will allow it to be installed in the B41540 cut out. Cost is $995 plus $50 for the frame. I have an interactive PDF order form that I can email to anyone interested. I have attached the brochure PDF.
That's good news. I think Kenyon recognized that small company called Tru Induction was kicking their a@@! Competition is good!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:03 AM   #25

In a new thread, posted today, I have posted pictures of the new 2 burner induction cooktop that came standard in my new Anthem, just received.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
We took delivery of one of the 1st 2015 Anthems back in June. We too saw the equipment list for 2015 was to include an induction cooktop. By the time we were to take delivery, we were told the induction cooktop was dropped because the supplier couldn't delivery enough for the Anthem line.
We negotiated for a True induction model to be installed. Same one that comes in the Cornerstone. We were then told it wasn't available, that it wouldn't fit, and then clearances wouldn't work. That just made me mad because I had already downloaded the specs and knew it would easily go in with just an enlargement of the cut out in the countertop. It was very easy for the tech to install.
We had induction in our house in Colorado and loved it! (my wife sold high-end appliances) Cooking on it is great! Boils water quick, faster than gas ever could, therefore using less energy. While it may use more wattage to get started, it scales way back for cooking, and has a true simmer. Something not available on conventional electric cooktops.
Pans are not a problem. If you can stick a magnet to it, it will work.
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Another great feature is the ease of cleanup. Spills clean up with just a towel, no cracks and crevices to catch dirt, just a smooth glass top.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
We're in the Tucson area, so swung by Lazy Days. They had a 2015 Cornerstone and Anthem both with the True induction cook top. They seem to me to not leave much room for kitchen work. Good news for us, we didn't find a floor plan we like better than ours . If anybody is looking for the best floor plan Entegra makes , they have a new 2014 Aspire 42 DLQ on the lot....I'm sure somebody could get a great deal on that one!
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote