Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Anthem Radiator Replacement Thread #2

I tried posting this on the old thread but apparently it is over 180 days old. Well, the issue still exists . . . .

Looks like I will be joining the replacement radiator club Noticed a small (5") red stain below the radiator this morning during my pre-trip walk around. Swept my hand below the aft portion of the radiator shroud and it was wet with red fluid. Checked the sight gauge on the coolant tank and no fluid visible. Added about a pint. 23,960 miles with a Spartan MFG date of 8/27/15.

Not a club I wanted a membership in

Brian

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Brian, I have had to add coolant twice in 1,800 miles on this trip. I don't even want to look but I am going to have to take a look at it.

brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Brian,
If y'all are coming back to Bella Terra ... we had ours replaced by a small Spartan shop near Cherokee Farms in Foley ... they were able to get it done pretty quickly. Recommended by Spartan. If you need their name, just send me a text or email and I will get it for you. In the meantime ... just add fluid and hope it doesn't get worse. Sorry you are joining this club :-(
Old 08-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #4

I had mine replaced in Fort Worth, Texas at Caterpillar (Spartan recommended) and was impressed. Dropped it off at 8am and by noon the next day I got a call to pick her up. Spartan reimbursed our night lodging and other related expenses.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:48 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Brian, IIRC my replacement radiator was installed 11/15. Charlie Fisher from Spartan informed me that my shipment was one of the first on the "new" radiators. It will be interesting if any of the other replacements are dated after 11/15. Sorry to hear that your date is still the old radiator. Hopefully my fluid loss is just a hose clamp.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:58 AM   #6

Did you notice the drips on the actual ground or somewhere else?
I find myself constantly adding a pint of antifreeze to be able to see it in the sight glass,,,
But I never can see a drop anywhere,,,
I am convinced I have the bad radiator that many have had but can't prove it yet to spartan...
I have had it pressurized twice at a shop with the test checking out.
I have 2014 with a little over 20,000 miles... pretty much the exact
Combination as others...
My 3 year spartan warranty will be up in September...
If it's going go I hope it does soon....
Old 08-11-2017, 07:01 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Did you notice the drips on the actual ground or somewhere else?
I find myself constantly adding a pint of antifreeze to be able to see it in the sight glass,,,
But I never can see a drop anywhere,,,
I am convinced I have the bad radiator that many have had but can't prove it yet to spartan...
I have had it pressurized twice at a shop with the test checking out.
I have 2014 with a little over 20,000 miles... pretty much the exact
Combination as others...
My 3 year spartan warranty will be up in September...
If it's going go I hope it does soon....
If yours is like mine was ... it doesn't leak until you stop for the night, then it will when it cools down. Pressure testing doesn't seem to work. Anyway, my two cents.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:06 AM   #8

I have been told this ... yes.. and a few times on my arrival at home after some miles I have laid out a big piece of metal under the radiator and still have never seen a drop... but thanks for your input
Old 08-11-2017, 07:10 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
I have been told this ... yes.. and a few times on my arrival at home after some miles I have laid out a big piece of metal under the radiator and still have never seen a drop... but thanks for your input
Well ... you might just have a loose hose connection then that lets a little bit of fluid out when you are driving it so you can't really "see" it. Check your clamps - that might be the problem instead of the "actual" radiator failure others have experienced.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I am also hoping my pint to fill each time is hose clamps after the radiator change. I noticed before when I did have a leaking clamp, there was no wet spot, just a white residue where the coolant had dried from the engine heat. The clamp took about 2 turns to get it tight and this is when the coach was new.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Brian, I have had to add coolant twice in 1,800 miles on this trip. I don't even want to look but I am going to have to take a look at it.
Chuck, I was doing the same thing. Over the course of about a year, I was having to add coolant. Yesterday was the most I had added and the first time I had ever noticed the leak.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:15 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Brian,
If y'all are coming back to Bella Terra ... we had ours replaced by a small Spartan shop near Cherokee Farms in Foley ... they were able to get it done pretty quickly. Recommended by Spartan. If you need their name, just send me a text or email and I will get it for you. In the meantime ... just add fluid and hope it doesn't get worse. Sorry you are joining this club :-(
Lynn, thanks for the info. We are still rollin around, with plans to be in MI on the 21st. I'm going to contact Spartan and see if they can squeeze me in and replace the radiator on our way back south
Old 08-11-2017, 10:19 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw8602 View Post
Lynn, thanks for the info. We are still rollin around, with plans to be in MI on the 21st. I'm going to contact Spartan and see if they can squeeze me in and replace the radiator on our way back south

That's the best solution. Safe travels.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw8602 View Post
Chuck, I was doing the same thing. Over the course of about a year, I was having to add coolant. Yesterday was the most I had added and the first time I had ever noticed the leak.
My first radiator was the same way. it would not show on a pressure test, the leak was so slow it dried before it could be seen, but I added almost a gallon out to the west coast and back. When it was tested cold after sitting over night, the wet spot showed up and very little at that.

I had an email from a forum member that is out of warranty when his 2014 radiator started leaking. Spartan did pick up the parts, but the labor of $1,860. was out of pocket. I fall into that category, so I hope it's a loose clamp.

Tags
ace, radiator, replace, replacement