Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #1

Anthem w/ Hydralift

Does anyone have a hydralift installed. ? looking for some pics of your installation.. ( the saddle brackets to frame ) Aspire - Cornerstone newer year model is better...
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #2

Anthem w/ Hydralift

Dave (DSL417) might have pictures from his previous Anthem “CLASSIC” coach
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:38 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I have a Hydralift on the back of a 2016 Anthem 44B. It's a lift for a Can-am Spyder. I am unfortunately in New York while our RV is near Punta Gorda FL. I will be there Saturday and will be glad to send some pics if you have not found what you need by then. It may be a slightly different setup than what you would need for your HD.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #4

trying to see how the saddle attache to the frame or receiver hitch... trying to minimize cutting the fiberglass etc...etc
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:39 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I first had our lift installed on a FL 43' tag chassis and now have the same lift on our Anthem. No body modifications on either MH. Dan's Welding, Dover FL, did initial installation as well as removal and re-installation.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:52 PM   #6

Best advice I could give you is find someone who knows what their doing. I’ve seen a few pretty bad installs in my travels and shake my head wondering if/when the whole setup was going to fall off the coach.

Make sure that the installer is on the list of installers provided by the lift manufacturer and ask tons of questions and watch the install, I did and I’m glad I did. Don’t accept anything that’s not attached to the frame, either bolted or welded or both. Our setup is welded and bolted to the frame. Two large plates were welded and bolted to the frame. Then two 2X4 extensions were welded to the plates and extend under and beyond the rear cap, no cutting of cap. The saddle brackets were then welded to the extensions. Real nice and solid install. He also built a custom bracket assembly for the lift motor assembly.

The guy who did ours has been doing it for a while and builds the framing prior to install. He used card board patterns and then transferred to material for the setup. He builds all of his frames to allow for a trike to be added at a later date. Told me he was tired of ripping out old setup only to install a beefer one at a later date for a trike since he gets guys who come back a year or two later looking to add a trike to their coach. Told me labor is about the same with a small up charge in material.

If or when we upgrade either the coach or to a trike I’ll be back in New Hampshire having him do the work.

Here’s our install -

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/hydr...4b-291542.html

Good luck.....
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:35 PM   #7

I installed one on my Anthem last year. A friend of mine is a certified welder and welded everything to the frame after I removed the tow hitch. Welded the saddle brackets to 2x4 three eights steel. Then they were welded to the underside of the frame 34 inches up the frame rails. Hauled a golf cart over 15k miles so far and rock solid. Fairly easy do it yourselfer given you have the right contacts and/or equipment.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #8

Slice, Flanz ( Paul ) has given you some excellent advice. Ask many questions and make absolutely positive you understand and agree on how your lift will be installed. Not every authorized HydraLift installer performs good installs. Mine was only attached by 2 receiver tubes 10" long welded to the side of the hitch. They claimed this method was how they had done most installs with no problems.
The poor original install required an acceptable re-install at another shop as I no longer was comfortable with the original installer's ability. This time Dan's in Dover, Fl. installed 3x3 tubing 6' long attached with brackets to the frame and hitch. No cutting of fiberglass rear cap . A very similar install to Paul's.
Bike has been hauled around for more then 10K miles with no issues !

As I recall Mark Hall had his lift installed in Texas and will chime in !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #9

If you’re close to Houston I would recommend you stop by Smitty’s and speak with Keith. He installs several lifts including mine. For an Entegra they know there is no need to cut fiberglass to get the needed ground clearance. They will discuss the entire install with you and not begin install until you are comfortable with what they are going to do.

They start by removing the factory receiver and weld heavy plate in its place allowing them to weld 3x3 square tubing used to support the saddle brackets. They went an additional 2’ forward from where the receiver was mounted to catch more frame and shift load further forward.

Since I wanted to retain the ability to quickly remove lift and tow from a chassis receiver I had them fabricate a receiver in place of the factory one. They rated it much heavier than the stock one. I also had QD hydraulic lines installed. I have R&R it once taking less than an hour.

They are also well aware of the required setback to ensure the lift sits plumb to the back of the coach when Moto is loaded.

Overall I was very pleased with the install. If you are buying new make it clear to Keith you want one that has all the new design enhancements that are available. You will also want to make sure it has the new lock arms designed for “Alaska” travel. As far as price I doubt you will find anyone in the country that will beat his price for new lift and install. I’ll try and get a few pics posted later.

Mark
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:01 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
My first install was done with 2” square tubing connecting to fame by eagle RV near Melbourne Fl. I don’t think that is adequate. My second install used 2x4 steel tubing ...a much stronger and better approach. I’d use an installer that Hydralift lists on their web site. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote