Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Does your Anthem have a water leak issue?
Dry as a Bone - No leaks ever 20 50.00%
Over the PS Door leak - fixed 5 12.50%
Over the PS Door leak - unfixed/fix not effective 4 10.00%
Misc other leak location 11 27.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
While camped close to oceanfront this winter woke up to leak in ceiling from light package in living area. Heavy rain and wind. Fixed at LD. Tech said sealant had popped at numerous screw sites. Repaired and no further problem, fairly heavy rain yesterday.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2015, 07:37 AM   #44

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg44b View Post
Thank God for Entegra's 2Year Warranty! Every manufacturer has issues at times! Entegra isn't Afraid to Stand Behind Their Product! My question is: Why aren't the other manufacturers standing behind their product for 2 Years? YOU SCARED?
I am glad Entegra stands behind their product. There are other manufacturers standing behind their product. Tiffin has repaired many of their coaches for years after purchase and years after the legal warranty period has expired. They are legendary in the industry for this behavior. My Tiffin was a year and a half beyond the end of its warranty period and they fixed an roof AC unit "under warranty". It was the right thing to do.

Many people try to do the right thing regardless of their legal obligation. Others don't care about doing the right thing. The market is pretty good about sorting out the bad guys especially now that we have internet forums.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #45

Anthem Water Leaks - Anthem Owners Only Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg44b View Post
Thank God for Entegra's 2Year Warranty! Every manufacturer has issues at times! Entegra isn't Afraid to Stand Behind Their Product! My question is: Why aren't the other manufacturers standing behind their product for 2 Years? YOU SCARED?

Warranties add to the bottom line. It is a separate business expense that is cooked into the production books just like any other such products. It includes ALL costs, including promotions, complimentary food and beverages and after warranty grace coverage. In many industries I dealt with, longer warranties are "market differentiators". But cost is cost.
I have 3 more years on my EW. I paid for it!
Just sayin....
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
At one time, Newmar offered a three year warranty. I don't know when it began but 2005 was the last year it was available.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:35 PM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens2012 View Post
While camped close to oceanfront this winter woke up to leak in ceiling from light package in living area. Heavy rain and wind. Fixed at LD. Tech said sealant had popped at numerous screw sites. Repaired and no further problem, fairly heavy rain yesterday.
I started the prep work today for Enternabond tape due to arrive Monday. I am going to seal all of the roof seams to hopefully never havie any of the normal roof problems that can happen with any MH.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:07 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Warranties add to the bottom line. It is a separate business expense that is cooked into the production books just like any other such products. It includes ALL costs, including promotions, complimentary food and beverages and after warranty grace coverage. In many industries I dealt with, longer warranties are "market differentiators". But cost is cost.
I have 3 more years on my EW. I paid for it!
Just sayin....
Have you read the fine print? I have never seen an aftermarket warranty that covered water leaks. They are almost always excluded.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:10 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Have you read the fine print? I have never seen an aftermarket warranty that covered water leaks. They are almost always excluded.

True that!
No water leaks here, though. I feel the pain (from previous rigs) of how tough they can be to conquer.
Best wishes!
But my point is that warranties are not free. It's all in the soup pot.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #50

Anthem leaks

Had roof leak above driver's window - had Middlebury service center repair. Now have leak at A/C outlet above passenger seat. Repairs pending.
Towncreek48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:23 AM   #51

No leaks at all. Lots of other problems but none of those, thank God

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTExplore View Post
I am glad Entegra stands behind their product. There are other manufacturers standing behind their product. Tiffin has repaired many of their coaches for years after purchase and years after the legal warranty period has expired. They are legendary in the industry for this behavior. My Tiffin was a year and a half beyond the end of its warranty period and they fixed an roof AC unit "under warranty". It was the right thing to do.

Many people try to do the right thing regardless of their legal obligation. Others don't care about doing the right thing. The market is pretty good about sorting out the bad guys especially now that we have internet forums.

You are right, Bob Tiffin is a Good Man!!
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #53

No leaks so far, and we have been in some real downpours in our short ownership experience, both driving and parked. I have to say I like the new improved wipers. Very well built and they don't budge when a semi passes you in either direction. I almost lost a wiper on my last class A.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #54

Picked up my one owner 2014 Anthem with 8,000 miles. Water stain around front ceiling speaker and right front small window had condensation inside it. Dealer replaced both before delivery.

Just had it sitting out in the rain tonight and 3-4 leaks coming in real good. Driver's side window, in front of fireplace, onto kitchen counter.

Really not in a good mood about this investment so far.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:17 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Whizzer

I believe you are still under warranty. Entegra should pay. I had several leaks similar to yours on my Anthem and I can suggest things to have checked.

1. If up front. The front clearance lights have been known to leak. The water can end up a few places in front. Consider having the suspect lights removed and examine silicone behind.
2. I had a front AC unit leaking because it wasn't tightened down enough.
3. If your leaks are above the front screen side windows it could be a hole not filled with sealant. Some folks had extra holes drilled at factory underneath entrance door awning and not sealed.
4. I had a leak, like several others, dripping above driver's window. Could be same symptom over passenger window. Turns out in 2014 models some minimum wage yahoo drilled holes at the top of the exterior side walls then slapped the radius trim over the seam without sealing the occasional hole he missed. The check is have your tech peel that plastic insert in the trim that runs on top the exterior side wall, where the roof joins. Peel that trim back waaayy back of your leak looking for holes without screws. When I say waaay back I mean it. My leak(s) were caused by holes like 20ft aft of where the water dripped.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks, water, water leak