Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #1

Any direction as to where to stick this?

I opened up the wet bay to do some modifications, and I was greeted by this little number. Clearly it is a tank sensor, and a mid tank one, but to where, and where does it get attached?

I called the Mother Ship and they were less than helpful, although they did send me another sensor, but as to where it is attached I got lots of posturing but nothing certain.

These are the things they were unable to answer -

1. Looking into the wet bay the black tank is on the left and the gray on the right (right?). There is another sensor attached to the top of the (left) black tank - maybe that one is the top level sensor for the black tank and this dangling one should be mounted below - at some point.

2. Are the sensors attached on the same side on both tanks - i.e. if they are always on the right of the tanks (looking from the wet bay in) then this would be the mid tank sensor for the black tank and would be attached at some mid-level point on that tank - but I have no way of knowing because it does not say black or gray.

They sent some pictures that were so bad I am unable to be certain the photo is upright or upside down, so any insight here would be very helpful.

I was able to follow the wiring back to the wiring attach point for the sensor and it attaches on the upper level above the tanks and to the right of the gray tank. Still, no clear idea of where it is supposed to be attached to the tank - or which tank for that matter. Be nice if they labeled everything. And if it is to be attached at the mid point, should I just guess at that or do the tanks have a slightly thinner wall where the sensors attach to enable their reading? Sounds simple enough but the key point now is where do I attach the new one they sent - at what point on the tank and which tank.

Tanks (get it?)

Frank

Addendum: In looking at the photos, specifically #1, there appears to be a rectangular shape on the tank on the left that was not immediately apparent with the naked eye. Maybe that's where it goes - and that would be on the black tank, which is registering a small amount in the bottom of the tank - is there another sensor that would read that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cornerstone wet bay 01.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	145784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cornerstone wet bay 02.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	145785  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Photos are not detailed enough for me to properly see it but I've seen assorted shaped devices with one wire in and several wires out.> They can be stuck anywhere
But if you have a matching "Spot" on your tank.. odds are very good that's where it goes.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
While I obviously have SOB, those look like my tank sensors for my Tecma Macerator toilet. The yellow one is usually stuck to the black tank at about mid level and turns the yellow light on when the tank gets about half full.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
It is either the yellow sensor or the red sensor for the back macerated toilet. Mine red one came off and I reattached it with contact cement. Epoxy did not work. You should be able to see where it was before with a mirror to get proper placement.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
It is either the yellow sensor or the red sensor for the back macerated toilet. Mine red one came off and I reattached it with contact cement. Epoxy did not work. You should be able to see where it was before with a mirror to get proper placement.

OK - that makes more sense. I spoke with the "customer service" people three times and they were unable to explain it for what it is. They had indicated it was the main sensor for the tanks - which I now understand is incorrect.

I will re-attach with contact cement, and thank you for the insight.

Frank
Old 12-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
While I obviously have SOB, those look like my tank sensors for my Tecma Macerator toilet. The yellow one is usually stuck to the black tank at about mid level and turns the yellow light on when the tank gets about half full.
You are exactly correct - see above from 757 Driver.

Thanks for the help.

Frank