Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee950
Not to be rude, how can 130 things be wrong with a coach? I have the attitude that nothing in life is perfect, so deal with the things you need to and enjoy life. Personally I am driving my coach and living in it too much to spend time going over it with a magnifying glass.

I had a customer a week ago who was so anal retentive that I could do nothing to make him happy since I cant fix OCD. Other customers were making fun of him as well because he was off the charts. I hope you aren't like that because you will never find perfection when you are talking about a machine.
Hey Bee950, I too deal with people everyday being in the service industry now for almost 40 years. I've come to find that there are some customers with what I call "unrealistic expectations." I think everyone should have to deal with customer service issues for at least 5 years of their life, it would make them much better consumers.

With that said, I'm amazed at the service Entegra provides. They have gone above and beyond for me. Is my Aspire perfect? Nope. Have there been things that need correction? Sure, but Entegra has done everything and some to be sure it was made right. I look forward to making a trip to the factory to let them go thru my rig and take care of some things I've found and I for one am a happy Entegra "camper."

TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post

Lp5151, sorry, iisunderstood! I really urge plan B. i do not thonl you will be happy imtil you do. With all your issues i would ask Joyce in customer service for Entegra to pay your expenses to go to the factory,

Gene
since it would be over $3K to round trip it to Middlebury, we'll try to coordinate fixes with Entegra with someone on the west coast.. i am a bit concerned about the slide issue. to much metal to metal wear and each time we put the slide out, the vertical seals come off..

Old 09-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #31

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof4boys View Post
Oh my! I cannot believe that DS = Door Side! We also thought ours were wired backwards. Thanks for the info.

Must be a carry over from Travel Supreme because they used the same labeling. It sure makes things confusing until you get use to it.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151

since it would be over $3K to round trip it to Middlebury, we'll try to coordinate fixes with Entegra with someone on the west coast.. i am a bit concerned about the slide issue. to much metal to metal wear and each time we put the slide out, the vertical seals come off..
FYI, our slides seals kept falling off and found out they were not installed correctly. They had a red covering on the sticky side that is suppose to be removed prior to installation. Might check that.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdavis View Post
FYI, our slides seals kept falling off and found out they were not installed correctly. They had a red covering on the sticky side that is suppose to be removed prior to installation. Might check that.
yes, checked that awhile back, but was not the case. what I am seeing is that the slide is working itself back and forth at the top when closed and we are moving/traveling to next park. in doing so, the slide is not staying in place, thus causing the seals to come off, starting at the top and working down about 1/2 way... causes me to put them back in place each time I open the slide. there is also, excessive metal on metal wear at the top where the slide meets the coach when slide is brought in.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee950 View Post
Not to be rude, how can 130 things be wrong with a coach? I have the attitude that nothing in life is perfect, so deal with the things you need to and enjoy life. Personally I am driving my coach and living in it too much to spend time going over it with a magnifying glass.

I had a customer a week ago who was so anal retentive that I could do nothing to make him happy since I cant fix OCD. Other customers were making fun of him as well because he was off the charts. I hope you aren't like that because you will never find perfection when you are talking about a machine.
So tell me Bee950.....which of these issues would YOU be willing to accept after paying over $400k and and being at the factory.

Entegra Coach Repairs Exterior.doc

Entegra Coach Repairs Interior.doc

2011 Entegra Cornerstone Issues as of Sept 5, 2012.doc

And add the drivers window to the list....fogged.

So is this OCD or anal in your opinion?
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #35

So why not just Lemon Law it?
Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi,
I'm planning to purchase an Anthem this winter but I have a question about the electrical usage when dry camping. If you run the aqua hot heating system overnight will your batteries hold out until morning? I like to camp away from shore power and wonder what other peoples experience with these all electric coaches has been?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaridge View Post
Hi,
I'm planning to purchase an Anthem this winter but I have a question about the electrical usage when dry camping. If you run the aqua hot heating system overnight will your batteries hold out until morning? I like to camp away from shore power and wonder what other peoples experience with these all electric coaches has been?
we "just" got back from 8 days of boondocking. "All electric" is a bit miss leading, as far as the Aqua Hot goes, you would use the diesel burner to heat water and if needed to heat the coach... you only use the electric side of the Aqua Hot when plugged into shore power. we only had to run the generator 2-3 hours a day to bring batteries back to full charge...EMS system never read below 12.1 to 12.3 volts left in the batteries. we were in hot weather, so ran the A/C's when we ran the generator, and of course, we ran the gen whenever the wife wanted to use the stove top. diesel use is very minimal, 150 gallons of diesel will last a very long time, i think our gauge only showed less than an 1/8 of a tank used during those 8 days. we also were reluctant to go to an "all electric" coach, but with a little research, we made the move, and have not found any issues when it comes to boondocking....even though this Onan 12.5K is a bit louder than our old 5K Onan... and if the wind is not blowing away from you, you will sniff a few diesel fumes. you should also remember to close any windows on the driver side of the coach when running the Aqua Hot on diesel mode.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #38

Bullheaded, you are indeed right in thinking that the coach should function as it is supposed to. There are problems with ALL coaches when new and several of the ones you list are indeed anal, but nothing wrong with that. Others have had some of the same problems and the factory has changed procedures and developed fixes for several of the problems. You have had an EXTRADORINARY number of issues with your coach and that is very frustrating. I think I would plan to leave it at the factory and tell them to let me know when everything was fixed. You are right to demand a great product with flaws fixed for what we pay for these things. I am convinced that the factory will fix your coach to your satisfaction if you will work with them and spend some time with them. The fridge fix has been a problem for many coaches and they now have a positive latch that will fix the problem for good. Many of the things you list are Spartan, Cummins, or Allison problems, have you contacted them and asked them to fix their product to work right? I am sure Entegra will do this while at the factory if you prefer, it will just take longer while they wait on Spartan to get someone there to correct those issues. Again, please do not take this as an attack on you, I totally agree your coach is apparently one with way too many issues and they need to be taken care of, without you not being able to use your coach for an extended period of time. I suspect that you are very particular with your property, again, nothing wrong with that, just be aware that a lot of folks are not that particular and may not understand some of the things on your list being a big deal. I hope you have a great experience at the factory and they get all of your concerns corrected. Please keep us posted on the progress and how you get along with the coach after the fixes. You are a valuable addition to this forum and we need to be aware of things that are showing up in coaches, especially those of us that do not always check close enough to know that we have a problem until someone points it out. I appreciate what you are doing to keep us informed of the issues you have found and what is being done about them.
All just my opinion
Gene
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
So tell me Bee950.....which of these issues would YOU be willing to accept after paying over $400k and and being at the factory.

Attachment 26715

Attachment 26716

Attachment 26717

And add the drivers window to the list....fogged.

So is this OCD or anal in your opinion?
Well, I think being OCD is a good thing. So my list would, and does, look a lot like yours - but a lot shorter. But I have to agree with an earlier post, that the factory should have the opportunity to repair/replace items to see if your coach can be repaired to your satisfaction, but you have obviously spent as much or more time and energy in repairing the coach and not enough time enjoying the coach. Investigating lemon laws if the factory cannot repair the coach might be worth consideration. But I doubt if you will need to go that far. Joyce has been wonderful since she got involved with our coach. I'll betting that the factory will get you fixed and happily rolling down the road. Good luck!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Well, I think being OCD is a good thing. So my list would, and does, look a lot like yours - but a lot shorter. But I have to agree with an earlier post, that the factory should have the opportunity to repair/replace items to see if your coach can be repaired to your satisfaction, but you have obviously spent as much or more time and energy in repairing the coach and not enough time enjoying the coach. Investigating lemon laws if the factory cannot repair the coach might be worth consideration. But I doubt if you will need to go that far. Joyce has been wonderful since she got involved with our coach. I'll betting that the factory will get you fixed and happily rolling down the road. Good luck!
It's been to the factory and they did a great job repairing the first two lists of items...and I'm sure they will fix the last list. I was not expecting all this after owning a Travel Supreme for two years/26,000 miles and the only issues were the door and the step well cover. And the guy that says I should leave it at the factory for repairs......if I leave it there, I won't be picking it up.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
It's been to the factory and they did a great job repairing the first two lists of items...and I'm sure they will fix the last list. I was not expecting all this after owning a Travel Supreme for two years/26,000 miles and the only issues were the door and the step well cover. And the guy that says I should leave it at the factory for repairs......if I leave it there, I won't be picking it up.
bullheaded, we have many of the same problems you have listed on our 2012 anthem 42rbq. specifically, did they find out what was causing the creaking noise above the drivers side window? same problem I have, and is very annoying!!

we won't be traveling to factory for that would cost us between 3 and 4 thousand, not cost effective for a special trip only. Entegra is allowing us to use a couple of shops on the west coast that has many years experience with these large class A's. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #42

Lp5151 we were at factory this summer and they do have a fix for that noise on driver side. At least they did for ours. Joyce explained to me that they would fix it and while there they did. She had explained to me what they would do to fix but I can't remember what it was.

bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote