Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
It's been to the factory and they did a great job repairing the first two lists of items...and I'm sure they will fix the last list. I was not expecting all this after owning a Travel Supreme for two years/26,000 miles and the only issues were the door and the step well cover. And the guy that says I should leave it at the factory for repairs......if I leave it there, I won't be picking it up.
Sorry to all you Entegra lovers.....but now...as of tonight...add the mirror accent lights as inop....every day we seem to have new issues....OCD or anal???????????????
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded

Sorry to all you Entegra lovers.....but now...as of tonight...add the mirror accent lights as inop....every day we seem to have new issues....OCD or anal???????????????
I'm with you bullheaded. Mine has had way too many things wrong with it for the cash I laid out. Still waiting on a window to be replaced and now the rear a.c. is out. For me, it's all the time that I have spent running it back and forth for repairs. I do like the MH when it's working correctly, but I won't be purchasing another Entegra unless they make some serious changes in the QA. Just my opinion, you should expect the work to be done correctly the first time.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #45

I can't help but notice that both of you are having troubles with the Cornerstone, which is supposed to be the top of the line. Obviously one would expect that a unit listing out at over $500,000 would be problem free. I'm wondering if the problems that you are experiencing are unique to the Cornerstone or also present in the other lines.

It is a definite concern on the quality issues. That is the single biggest issue that turned us off from the Tiffins. I would hope that Entegra will not go the same route that seems to have plagued the Tiffins. What I'm referring to is the "take it to the factory and we'll fix it" syndrome. It shouldn't have left the factory that way to begin with.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Without trying to defend Entegra or any motorhome manufacturer, i think you need to separate Entegra issues from supplier issues. As a low volume manufacturer, Entegra can only install products that already exist and sometimes that product is marginal at best. A good example would be air conditioners. There is no high end quality product in the market. Another are windows! Why does everyone's fog up?!
Too often we are getting cheap product because that is all that is available. I have had some Entegra issues but most are because the suppliers product is subpar. How much pull do you think Entegra has with a supplier when they produce a 500 units a year?
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #47

In my opinion, one of the reasons Entegra has been able to grab so much market share in a relatively short time is that they are owned/part of Jayco. Jayco , overall, is certainly is a major customer of RV components manufacturers (even if they only buy a few thousand Enterga Spec windows a year--they must buy A LOT of windows)

I would not even consider buying an Entegra product if it were a truly stand alone, 'start up', company. Entegra is ,in effect, a new brand (Travel Supreme remnants aside)---Jayco, however, is an established, apparently well run and well financed company. I know they have tried Class A DP in the past--so 'buying' TS designs makes sense . So far they appear to be doing it 'right' .

So--I would expect Entegra to be able to get all their suppliers to respond to any issues with their full attention!

I own relatively small companies and understand where I have 'clout' and where I do not with my suppliers. In the case of Entegra--I am counting on the people at Entegra having all the 'clout' they need with their suppliers!

That said--I am hoping to have no product/RV problems with the Entegra product that require the use of 'Clout' by anybody!!
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #48

Well guys, I totally understand your frustrations and desire to have a product that is completely trouble free when you buy it. Short answer, it is not likely to happen. All rvs have some problems, granted some of you have had way too many but to expect it to be trouble free is not realistic. There is the problem of supplier products mentioned above added to the fact that there are literally tens of thousands of parts in a relatively small space and the problem gets compounded. Now throw in the part about a complete house on wheels moving down the highway at highway speeds and encountering the rough roads prevelant in many parts of this country and you have a senario that just about guarentees you are going to have problems. I have a neighbor who bought a new Marathon Prevost about three years ago. He owned it two years and it went back to Coburg (way over 2000 miles) three times to get things fixed. Just when he thought he about had the bugs out of it his wife saw a new Marathon (on one of their trips back to the factory) and guess what, he has a new one. Well that was about ten months ago and it has been back to the factory twice. Another neighbor has a Newell that he brought about 11 months ago and it has been back to the factory twice for a varied list of repairs. So, long story short, it does not matter how much you pay or what brand you get, you WILL have to have repairs made and screwups fixed, just goes with the RV territory. I know, all of you can sight folks who have not had hardly any problems, but I bet they have had some and some have had way more than they will admit to. My coach has had some issues, Entegra stepped up, took ownership of the problems and saw that they got corrected, all I can ask. Some coaches will have more "bugs" than others and some of you apparently have coaches on the very high end of the "bug scale" and are frustrated, I understand that and I really hope and have confidence that Entegra will see that they get corrected. As alwlays keep us informed, good and bad. This is a very interesting thread and I think we are all learning things from it.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Have 1990 winn super chief wipers run 2 swipes when key is turned on then stop no starting them back any one have an idea?
Christ1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #50

Entegra didnt make the mirrors or the AC units. One of my mirrors started coming loose, so I took it a part and fixed it. If you depend on others to fix the minor prolems, then every minor problem is a major issue. Of course, if its under warranty, I will be more likely to have someone else fix it, but that can cause more headache...
Old 09-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee950
Entegra didnt make the mirrors or the AC units. One of my mirrors started coming loose, so I took it a part and fixed it. If you depend on others to fix the minor prolems, then every minor problem is a major issue. Of course, if its under warranty, I will be more likely to have someone else fix it, but that can cause more headache...
X2 Many times it's just easier to do it yourself.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #52

While I agree that everyone wants a coach with minimal defects, on a mass produced item, such dreams are just that: Dreams.
Everything I have heard and read about Entegra indicates that they will stand behind their product in a way that few other manufacturers do.

And while I sympathize with the "supplier issues", I remember the quote of the late Gus Grissom when someone asked him what it was like to be in space: "How would you feel, 7 million parts and each one supplied by the low bidder."
monroesilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #53

Issues

I have just completed a trip to the factory so I would like to make a few observations. Most of our problems were supplier issues. I have owned motorhomes supposedly produced by two of the best companies as far as value for your money and customer service. While I don't like having to go to the factory for service at least we have a factory to go to unlike some of the other brands. While I will never say anything bad about Bob Tiffin personally the Entegra Anthem has it all over the Allegro Bus. Obviously, there are a few things I would change, but then if they built them to individual specs. They would cost as much as a Prevost. When I bought the Anthem I had some reservations that Entegra would have the same level of customer service as Tiffin. So far my reservations have proven to be correct, Entegra is about three levels ahead. Like Ann And Gene say, all just my opinion. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Sometimes I wonder if the number of problems increase with the complexity of the coaches. I don't remember having anywhere near as many issues on our first Class B+. It didn't have nearly as many systems to break. One of my associates has his third Prevost - this one is a Liberty. His former coaches were Marathons and Royals. His coach is incredible, with every bell and whistle I can imagine and has a retail value nearly 10 times our coach - and it goes into the shop after every trip he takes. Sometimes it doesn't even make it home - Liberty sends someone to him to make a repair. Slide seals, generator issues, power surges at campsites (even with an external surge protector in addition to one on board his coach), awning issues and a multitude of computer issues. The more complex we get, the more items we have to break. The amount of money you spend isn't a good reflection of how reliable each system will be. (BTW, even after three different Prevosts, his favorite coach is still the Travel Supreme he had originally - the reason we looked at Entegras in our search.)

When you think of the issues you deal with in your stick & bricks home, there is always a leaky faucet or toilet, seals on windows (there's one in my living room right now that needs repair), weather stripping, insulation, etc. that needs to be done. We used to have boats....same situation, different issues because of a different environment. Something always needed fixing. Expecting perfection is only inviting disappointment. No profound insights at the end of this....only the observation that it doesn't really matter what brand coach you purchase, or how much you spend. We'll all have issues.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #55

Aspire, Bus, Anthem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
I have just completed a trip to the factory so I would like to make a few observations. Most of our problems were supplier issues. I have owned motorhomes supposedly produced by two of the best companies as far as value for your money and customer service. While I don't like having to go to the factory for service at least we have a factory to go to unlike some of the other brands. While I will never say anything bad about Bob Tiffin personally the Entegra Anthem has it all over the Allegro Bus. Obviously, there are a few things I would change, but then if they built them to individual specs. They would cost as much as a Prevost. When I bought the Anthem I had some reservations that Entegra would have the same level of customer service as Tiffin. So far my reservations have proven to be correct, Entegra is about three levels ahead. Like Ann And Gene say, all just my opinion. Noel
Isn't it fair to say the Aspire and the Allegro Bus are compatible and the Anthem is a step up from the Bus? I've compared the Aspire along side the Bus and feel they both offer the same standard options only the Aspire is maybe 50K less. No way can you compare the Aspire along side the Phaeton - no way. Note: I'm currently shopping/looking and like the Aspire which I think gives you the most bang for the buck in today's market.
Recon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #56

we just left lazyday's in florida. we ended up buying a 44dlq entegra anthem. i think we have made a great decision. little worried about the 44-45 ft, but think i can handle it. we have not seen this coach, going to return in october to get it. checking to see if there are any recommendations on things to watch for in our walk through? my husband also wondered if there was a def fluid gauge in driver's cockpit? our 40u winnebago did not have a gauge. thanks for the input. long way for us to drive to not check everything out.
bdcontreras is offline   Reply With Quote