Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #57

Hi, and good luck on your decision. We have the 2013 42RBQ and there is a 4 or 5 level DEF gauge in the dashboard. I'm sure it's the same

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcontreras View Post
w my husband also wondered if there was a def fluid gauge in driver's cockpit? our 40u winnebago did not have a gauge. thanks for the input. long way for us to drive to not check everything out.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcontreras View Post
we just left lazyday's in florida. we ended up buying a 44dlq entegra anthem. i think we have made a great decision. little worried about the 44-45 ft, but think i can handle it. we have not seen this coach, going to return in october to get it. checking to see if there are any recommendations on things to watch for in our walk through? my husband also wondered if there was a def fluid gauge in driver's cockpit? our 40u winnebago did not have a gauge. thanks for the input. long way for us to drive to not check everything out.
Think you're going to be real happy. A wait? Welcome to the "family" and congrats!

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdarby View Post
Isn't it fair to say the Aspire and the Allegro Bus are compatible and the Anthem is a step up from the Bus? I've compared the Aspire along side the Bus and feel they both offer the same standard options only the Aspire is maybe 50K less. No way can you compare the Aspire along side the Phaeton - no way. Note: I'm currently shopping/looking and like the Aspire which I think gives you the most bang for the buck in today's market.
Finished the "shopping" four weeks ago. A lot of very helpful views in this and the Tiffin manufacture areas. Saw a lot of issues being mentioned in the Tiffin area. Not a lot here, until this thread started. Then went to Hershey show and walked through, looked underneath, listened to the salesman pitch, and ended up comparing those you mention plus Newmar DutchStar and Mountain Aire. At the price point, felt Entegra Aspire beat Phaeton by a bunch and equated, amenity wise to the Bus, but much better price (at Hershey). Anthem just outdid any Tiffin. DutchStar and Aspire seemed equivalent, price and amenity, but you could see little things in the constructions that took you towards Aspire, plus a better buy. Anthem beat Mountain Aire. All IMHO. Also influenced by "rvcruiser" evaluations.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #60

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdarby View Post
Isn't it fair to say the Aspire and the Allegro Bus are compatible and the Anthem is a step up from the Bus? I've compared the Aspire along side the Bus and feel they both offer the same standard options only the Aspire is maybe 50K less. No way can you compare the Aspire along side the Phaeton - no way. Note: I'm currently shopping/looking and like the Aspire which I think gives you the most bang for the buck in today's market.
Our sentiments exactly. Don't misunderstand most of us who have experienced problems. If we had to make the decision again, we would still be purchasing an Entegra. We love our Aspire. Have we had problems, of course. Would we buy the same coach again? Sure would. We looked and looked for - and I'm not kidding - two years. Would have bought the Aspire a year earlier but ran into timing issues with a vacation before we could make the deal work. Good thing since an IL deer decided to commit suicide under the wheels of our old coach. Would have been a crime to have that happen with a brand new one. We looked at lots of models, lots of years, lots of manufacturers. The Aspire won - and would win again. If we win the lottery tomorrow (or whenever they draw those things - DH is the player), we might trade up to an Anthem or Cornerstone....but it will still be an Entegra parked in our driveway.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #61

We just picked up our Aspire yesterday after its third trip back to the factory (more on that in a moment). We got to meet Noel and Lois and their beautiful (but needing repairs) Anthem. I hope they can finally start to use their coach this week!

Our coach has been back to Middlebury three times for a variety of adjustments and minor fixes. Most of them were due to the concept of driving a house down the crappy roads of the US and Canada. Some were due to supplier issues. Some were due to improvements that Entegra provided to our coach free of charge to keep us updated with the latest and greatest. A few were due to some mistakes at the factory, but none of them were major. Do I wish we could have a perfect, trouble-free coach? Of course I do. I've realized more than ever that the complexity of these coaches makes that virtually impossible.

Our first class A was a 2001 National Dolphin 5355. It was much simpler in design and equipment than our Aspire. For most of its 10 years with us it was almost trouble-free. Then we found out the front axle was shot from when the original dealer tried to adjust the permanent lean our Dolphin had (he shimmed the axle apparently). So our trouble-free Dolphin was not so trouble-free after all. We're probably lucky we never had a serious problem with that axle. Now National and the dealer are gone, and so is our Dolphin. When we took delivery of our Aspire, the first thing that occurred to me was "this thing is really complicated and loaded with components that can break!" I was right, but have come to realize there's no possible way to avoid it. Entegra fortunately has the two year warranty which gives me peace of mind. Since they are at the mercy of their suppliers for so many components, it's tough to manage everything. Despite this they do a good job of putting everything together.

I'm not supporting Entegra just to be nice. I don't get any "perks" from them to say this. Based on our dealings with Joyce and Don I can't imagine anyone being more dedicated to customer satisfaction than they are. They care about their customers and will do whatever it takes to fix the problems. Yes, it stinks when a coach gets out that seems plagued with too many issues. When it's your coach, it doesn't matter what other's successes with Entegra are. My advice is to work closely with Joyce, Don, and everyone else at Entegra to get things resolved. They will make it right. I would not hesitate to buy another Entegra if we are fortunate enough to be in that position in a few years. I don't see any other manufacturer as dedicated to their customers as I've seen with Entegra. They're also working on new ideas and improvements in already successful construction techniques to insure they stay at the top of the pack. I wish other companies in the U.S. were as dedicated to customer satisfaction!

rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote