Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&S Norrell View Post
Can you explain a little deeper, or offer pics? How did you get to the misplaced antennae and where is this plywood?
Thanks.
Hi Sue,

The attachment shows where the receiver is supposed to be. This view is if you are sitting in the drivers seat with no dash or steering wheel. You've got to remove the instrument cluster panel and gently sort through the mass of wires looking for a thin black wire that goes to the little receiver. The receiver has a magnet in it that is supposed to attach to the little steel plate that is supposed to be glued to the plywood. I do not know if the receiver is tied directly to the dash unit screen or if it goes up to the head unit first. Maybe someone else out here would know that? That info might help you if you can follow the wire from one end or the other. As soon as we found ours and got it back up on top of the plywood, the GPS started working perfectly. Hope this helps..!

Jeanne
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GPS Receiver Location.pdf (366.6 KB, 142 views)
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2017, 06:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan9999 View Post
Frank,

You just need to re sync your coach router to your Vega Touch.
It is very simple to do. Integra Customer service can walk you through it.

You have identified another problem I am having.
My dish now takes forever to lock onto the satellites.
I will check to see if it is tied to the GPS-Nav. system.
Thanks for that - that makes me feel a bit better. All this stuff piles up and can be nerve wracking. I will call them when I get home - using my cute tiny little backup Garmin GPS - that works - and helps me along

Don't know if the satellite dish not being able to lock on is related. The mess of wires is just staggering. I intend to take all the wires out behind the GPS and make it nice and neat.

Frank
Old 09-25-2017, 11:16 PM   #17

Well, WTW? After two cores, a TV, three SD cards, and new wiring...today I installed the 4th SD card and the system worked without locking up or falling behind for eight hours on the road. Fixed, I think!

Maybe this latest SD version finally has the bugs worked out?
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
Well, WTW? After two cores, a TV, three SD cards, and new wiring...today I installed the 4th SD card and the system worked without locking up or falling behind for eight hours on the road. Fixed, I think!

Maybe this latest SD version finally has the bugs worked out?
Let's hope so. I have a new(er) card waiting for me when I get home. When I was speaking with them yesterday, they said their engineer had gone to Rand McNally last week and worked out whatever was wrong. You would think they would not use their customers as beta testers though.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:30 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Sue, I think that the antenna/receiver is wherever Entegra wants to install them on that particular day. We have a very early 17 and ours was not there. Before I'd pull everything apart to locate the antenna/receiver I would just call Riverpark and have them send out a new one under warranty and let them and Entegra sort out who pays.

Anyway, this was the approach I took. I also installed my own fan and temperature controller. Riverpark came out to the motorhome during the 2016 Entegra Homecoming and installed the fourth SD card and "knock on wood" we have not had any issues since. I actually find now that the Rand GPS is working better/more accurate then the Garmin 760 we had to purchase to get us by for the few months the Rand was screwing up.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Sue, I think that the antenna/receiver is wherever Entegra wants to install them on that particular day. We have a very early 17 and ours was not there. Before I'd pull everything apart to locate the antenna/receiver I would just call Riverpark and have them send out a new one under warranty and let them and Entegra sort out who pays.

Anyway, this was the approach I took. I also installed my own fan and temperature controller. Riverpark came out to the motorhome during the 2016 Entegra Homecoming and installed the fourth SD card and "knock on wood" we have not had any issues since. I actually find now that the Rand GPS is working better/more accurate then the Garmin 760 we had to purchase to get us by for the few months the Rand was screwing up.

Jim, where does the antenna plug into? The back on the radio or the head unit?
Old 09-28-2017, 06:11 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
Jim, where does the antenna plug into? The back on the radio or the head unit?
Antenna plugs into the head unit in the rear of the unit. Absolute wiring mess behind that unit and what I found was to remove the side of the enclosure before I pulled the head unit out of the front. You have to be careful as the HDMI cables and AV cables will pull out, by removing the side of that area I was able to support the cables as I pulled the GPS unit out.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:01 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Attached file of Core unit for GPS

Quote:
Antenna plugs into the head unit in the rear of the unit. Absolute wiring mess behind that unit and what I found was to remove the side of the enclosure before I pulled the head unit out of the front. You have to be careful as the HDMI cables and AV cables will pull out, by removing the side of that area I was able to support the cables as I pulled the GPS unit out.
03-02-014-00 G3B Core Flat Front.pdf
Old 09-28-2017, 07:39 AM   #23

After all the messing with this thing my steering wheel controls no longer work. Obviously something I left unplugged during the second core change. Does anybody know if they are operated by the CAN bus or do they have separate input?

John
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
After all the messing with this thing my steering wheel controls no longer work. Obviously something I left unplugged during the second core change. Does anybody know if they are operated by the CAN bus or do they have separate input?

John
If I remember correctly, there is a wireless smart wheel module that can be reset. On the 14's it was behind the panel to the left of the drivers foot. I do not know where it is on the newer models. The wheel and controls have not changed so I would assume that the module has not changed. Of course this info is meaningless if the module didn't get plugged back in the back of the unit correctly.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:11 AM   #25

Quote:
I am really confused now. I could have sworn the wire that we followed to what I think is the GPS antenna/receiver came from the back of the dash panel unit. We ventilated the head unit but didn't pull it out of the cabinet. I know one thing...I'm not going back into that mess of wires unless I have to..! I hate seeing inline fuses and plugs that are abandoned with no labeling. It just doesn't have to be that way. A good plan, plus 10 minutes more here, and there...and they could have a nice and neat pathway for most of this stuff completed during the build.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #26

Update - no joy

The replacement card arrived yesterday - the 4th - I installed it and the unit ran for an hour - problem solved, right? Put in new co-ordinates this morning and 15 minutes later it locked up - rebooted - ten minutes later it locked up. River Park says they are stumped and will have an engineer/Rand McNally someone call me; no calls yet. I'm hoping Entegra will get involved because after all, it is their product in the final analysis.

Frank
Old 09-28-2017, 06:07 PM   #27

Hmm, we took delivery in early July and had the lockup problem immediately. River Park sent out a new card while we were on the road to our next destination and the unit worked perfectly from then on.

Our GPS unit is located under the panel in front of the passenger seat attached to the dash by Velcro buttons. So far no overheating problems.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:35 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Seems we have just joined the club of absent GPS systems. Ours takes about 20 to 30 minutes to start tracking location but after that seems to continue to work. We have had River Park systems on previous coaches and really liked them, but not enough to trust navigation in complex metropolitan areas. We have a Garmin RV GPS unit in the coach and find it interesting when the two disagree. Now that the River Park system has started freezing at least we don't have the two GPS units arguing which way to turn. New card on the way.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps