Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #29

The video done by Tad, Delivery Checklist Item #26 clearly states that the generator controls will monitor the amperage and the battery and will turn the generator on when the amperage is too low and will shut it off when it reaches an acceptable level. I would have somebody at Entegra at that show look at it. Why would he have to install extra autostart switch?
Fasteddie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
This would be for air conditioning if shore power was lost and there is a pet inside. If the batteries are up when shore power is lost the auto start would not kick on for the 50 AMPs needed to run the A/C units without it being re-wired. At least that is the way it was explained when we picked the coach up and I am being charged extra to get that feature.
The auto gen start will start on either low battery or AC thermostat. So if you are not plugged in and the thermostat calls for AC, The generator will start as long as Auto Gen Start is enabled.

However different models differ in how they handle external power. Up until recently, the wire that tells the genstart module that you have external power was not enabled, so that the generator would start under the above conditions even if you were plugged into shore power. Big mistake. It means that you cannot enable auto gen start while plugged in. I understand that this is being changed (as it should) on late model coaches, or on the 2015's, not sure which. In that case the Auto Gen Start can be enabled to start the generator if AC is called for and external power is lost.

Is that the new wiring you are referring to Chuck? If so how hard is it to do, because I might want to have it done to mine also.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasteddie08 View Post
The video done by Tad, Delivery Checklist Item #26 clearly states that the generator controls will monitor the amperage and the battery and will turn the generator on when the amperage is too low and will shut it off when it reaches an acceptable level. I would have somebody at Entegra at that show look at it. Why would he have to install extra autostart switch?
Tadd did say Amps, but if you read the Onan EC-30 AGS manual, you will see that the settings are for Volts, not Amps. The AGS unit does not know how many Amps are left in your battery, so it guesses by reading the voltage.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
The auto gen start will start on either low battery or AC thermostat. So if you are not plugged in and the thermostat calls for AC, The generator will start as long as Auto Gen Start is enabled.

However different models differ in how they handle external power. Up until recently, the wire that tells the genstart module that you have external power was not enabled, so that the generator would start under the above conditions even if you were plugged into shore power. Big mistake. It means that you cannot enable auto gen start while plugged in. I understand that this is being changed (as it should) on late model coaches, or on the 2015's, not sure which. In that case the Auto Gen Start can be enabled to start the generator if AC is called for and external power is lost.

Is that the new wiring you are referring to Chuck? If so how hard is it to do, because I might want to have it done to mine also.
Marc, Yes that is the wiring that I am referring to.
This is another fiasco on the representation by our salesperson on how the "auto start" would function. We were told if shore power went out and we were gone for the day, we didn't have to worry about our dog dieing of heat exhaustion. This is NOT the case on a 2104 and earlier, but is incorporated into the 2105. This was also confirmed by Joyce.

LD charge is $600. and we are splitting the cost. I am sure the cost is a lot less in real life. Just another "chalk it up to experience" that I will share with others. Needless to say I am not real pleased about this surprise either.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:32 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Isn't the Auto Start function within the Commander 30? If the coach batteries drop below a certain amperage generator automatically starts up correct?
Yes. Chuck is looking at a slightly different (additional) setup that is not an option in the 2014 and earlier Command 30s (that being somehow to wire the coach so that when shore power is lost "Auto Gen" automatically engages...note not starts generator, but changes the Command 30 to have "Auto Gen" engaged). At least I think that is what he is talking about...first I've heard of that, but probably not a bad idea if you store while connected to shore power rather than shutting everything down.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry, Chuck..shoulda let you answer...OTOH, wouldn't mind knowing how they do it.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Sorry, Chuck..shoulda let you answer...OTOH, wouldn't mind knowing how they do it.
All I know, it is an additional wire and relay as explained by Ted Cook to my salesperson AFTER it was misrepresented to me by the salesperson and I questioned the salesperson about it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phranc View Post
we mover off the asphalt and onto the grass this morning . Fields are firm at this point
with almost all of the excess water run off . A heavy downpour for about 5 minutes just before the show coaches opened for display caused some puddles . As Tiffin was near the entrance their units took a beating from wet foot traffic . I may have to rethink my desire for that nice shiny polished floor tile .. Very slippery when wet ..
Raining very heavy at this moment ( 10 pm ) and may have to look for the ark or at least a row boat in the AM..
phranc, Were there any 2015 Tiffin Bus's on display. I've been looking at the 2014 37AP and am wondering if there have been any changes made to the 2015 models.

Thanks, Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes there were 2 Allegro Bus models . I couldn't tell you of any change from 2014 to 2015 . We were just tire kicking and seeing what we liked and did not like . Walked through a few Entegras today . Nice looking and about the best from a drivers seat view . Also looked at afew Newmars and the new Monaco Dynasty. Rain has stopped and a little sun came out . Some are still saying that they have standing water on top of their grass . We have none and field is firm. A nice sunny day tomorrow will cure a lot of ills .
Entertainment was Jeanne Robertson . A stand up comedienne and story teller .
Good show ..
Old 03-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
A shame..this bass been a tough 12 months for rallies...muddy camping area at FMCA-Gillette, same at Good Sams in NY, now a rainy mess at FMCA-Perry. Hope the summer rallies turn out better. Stay dry folks.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #39

Quote:
Isn't the Auto Start function within the Commander 30? If the coach batteries drop below a certain amperage generator automatically starts up correct?
Yes and u can set it to go on at say 12,1 volts etc. as a member here showed me how to dial it in.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote