Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2018, 02:59 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBless View Post
Update on our refrigerator

Had a Samsung support guy come to the house and replaced the compressor. There is a filter on the refrigerant line that he checked for oil apparently he thought that running the fridge while driving might be the culprit. The filter was clean so that was not the cause. Must have been just a bad compressor. 2 hours repair time and it is now working well again.

Back on the road again!
Glad you got it fixed.

If running the fridge while driving was a problem then we are ALL screwed.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #30

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBless View Post
Update on our refrigerator

Had a Samsung support guy come to the house and replaced the compressor. There is a filter on the refrigerant line that he checked for oil apparently he thought that running the fridge while driving might be the culprit. The filter was clean so that was not the cause. Must have been just a bad compressor. 2 hours repair time and it is now working well again.

Back on the road again!
Quick Question... Do you run a "Full/Pure sine wave or a Modified sine wave inverter??
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:39 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Quick Question... Do you run a "Full/Pure sine wave or a Modified sine wave inverter??
All the recent (since at least 2013) Entegra coaches have a pure sine wave inverter for the fridge.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
What model Whirlpool did they use for this replacement?

Rob
I know, thread revival here...I need to know the answer to this, or perhaps someone with a newer coach can tell me which whirlpool they have?

I am OVER the Samsung. Ice maker, and now compressor.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:28 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
John, JMO, but if replacing I would go a step above the Whirlpools that are currently being installed. I like the functions and size of the Samsung much better, it's a shame they didn't last longer. The Whirlpool in our 19 is kind of bare bones and not an upgrade from the Samsung.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:49 AM   #34

I would get the 23 cf LG refrigerator. Much larger inside, than the Whirlpool, with ice maker in the door.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
I know, thread revival here...I need to know the answer to this, or perhaps someone with a newer coach can tell me which whirlpool they have?

I am OVER the Samsung. Ice maker, and now compressor.

Your compressor is under the sealed system 5 year warranty. I went through this in the fall. Believe it or not Sears were the folks who were able to fix it. Samsung did whatever they could to get out of standing behind the warranty.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:55 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post
Your compressor is under the sealed system 5 year warranty. I went through this in the fall. Believe it or not Sears were the folks who were able to fix it. Samsung did whatever they could to get out of standing behind the warranty.
Good info, but I really am over Samsung, I'm into it $600 now, and have a compressor failure that the local guy is willing to make an appointment for next week. We are living in the coach while we remodel the S&B, so next week isn't working.

Thanks for the reply.

Edit: In my discussions with appliance guys, I had two tell me the Samsung was completely redesigned in 2017, and that Samsung offed the old ones to wholesalers for low prices because they were so problematic. Maybe Entegra was picking up what they were putting down.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:56 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
John, JMO, but if replacing I would go a step above the Whirlpools that are currently being installed. I like the functions and size of the Samsung much better, it's a shame they didn't last longer. The Whirlpool in our 19 is kind of bare bones and not an upgrade from the Samsung.
Good to know, thanks Chuck.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:58 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I would get the 23 cf LG refrigerator. Much larger inside, than the Whirlpool, with ice maker in the door.
Looked at that one, going to make purchase decision tomorrow. Have you (or anyone) installed one of these? They seem to be the correct dimension. A little spendy, but I don't care, as long as I am done with messing with the darn thing.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:44 AM   #39

Quote:
Good info, but I really am over Samsung, I'm into it $600 now, and have a compressor failure that the local guy is willing to make an appointment for next week. We are living in the coach while we remodel the S&B, so next week isn't working.

Thanks for the reply.

Edit: In my discussions with appliance guys, I had two tell me the Samsung was completely redesigned in 2017, and that Samsung offed the old ones to wholesalers for low prices because they were so problematic. Maybe Entegra was picking up what they were putting down.

The sears guy told me they are still problems. Entegra bought them as a latest and greatest model. Rather than pulling the beast out why not put a portable in just to get by and check out if you can recoup your investment, by having it fixed. I think it worth a call to Entegra. Just a thought, it's a big purchase to trash.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:13 AM   #40

Quote:
Looked at that one, going to make purchase decision tomorrow. Have you (or anyone) installed one of these? They seem to be the correct dimension. A little spendy, but I don't care, as long as I am done with messing with the darn thing.
Yes John we have the LG and I know of at least one other person.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	47DEBC26-4047-442C-9853-700921ADFABD.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	276348  
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:37 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
When our Samsung failed in our 2014 I installed the LG. When we remodeled our kitchen we installed the the LG. When we took delivery of our 2019 I got rid of the noisy Whirlpool and installed the LG. Much more room and very quiet.
St
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:45 AM   #42

I hadn't even considered calling Entegra as I'm already more than a year out of warranty.

I don't like throwing money away, but I also am tired of removing the woodwork and tearing up the inside of the coach to remove the fridge for service. This is the third time, I keep thinking it will be the last.

I'm thinking the LG.

Tags
fridge