RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Okay, I'll try to offer a bit of advice based on observations I've had both with Entegra coaches as a whole as well as this particular forum. Hopefully it won't offend anyone but chances are someone always does take it the wrong way.

First of all - these forums are open to anyone with any brand. That's a good thing because it gives potential owners a chance to learn from the experiences of others. That's what makes these forums so valuable to its members. I've spent quite a bit of time with Entegra and done numerous articles and reviews for my own website, RV Magazine, as well as FMC Magazine (in fact the Aspire 44B will be in the next issue). I've gotten to know the product quite well and it impresses me like no other class A in that league. Viewing these forum posts opens my eyes to the issues that Entegra (as well as any coach can) have. It helps balance out all the good things I see as far as general build quality. As the floor plans develop and the minor changes get made I would be hard pressed to buy anything else.

Entegra is the new kid on the block. Granted, they began from the roots of Travel Supreme but Jayco has taken the product to a whole new level. Buyers recognize this and the huge increase in sales reflects this. Entegra owners are extremely proud of their coaches. Sure, there is always a coach in any brand that pops up every now and then that goes in the wrong direction but this isn't unique to Entegra and its a rare time when it does occur and Entegra's legendary customer service rivals Bob Tiffin's. If an owner approval rating survery was taken you'd find Entegra up at the top of the list.

Most owners are open minded and view forums pertaining to SOBs as a source of good information that may affect a future purchase decision. However, sometimes owners of other brands get very defensive of their product. After all, they've stuck a lot of time and money into their coach and don't want to think they've made a bad choice. To some of these Entegra can appear to be a threat to that and they will take every advantage to defend their brand and tear down Entegra. After all, who is this new kid on the block that is threatening their well establish brand for king of the hill? Naturally, Entegra owners, who are also proud of their coaches, take offense at that. After all, they see this as "their" turf and that's understandable too. That's when the negative dialogs begin and the moderator has to jump in with a reminder (been there, done that ).

This is a great forum. Filled with lots of usefull information and some great camaraderie amongst the members. My advice to keep it that way is to just ignore any negative comments or trolls by SOB owners and let those posts die. Responding to them just stokes the fire, takes the topic in the wrong direction and encourages more posts of the same.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #58

Well stated Mark, and thanks for all your good reviews.

becks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I am here to offer advice to RV owners. Most of the stuff, no matter who manufactured it, can have similarities when it comes to troubleshooting.

After living in my Monaco for 10 years now I've learned and experienced a lot of problems and have seen what can happen.

Just trying to offer my advice and opinions to people who may need it.

This thread is an prime example of mean spirited people who like to prey on people's emotions and fear.

Don't fall for it.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Richard nailed it. It's basically Social Engineering to get people riled up and to try to tear others down. Most of the people recognized it for what it was, trolling pure and simple. I've only been on the boards since February and don't even own a coach yet but have learned many things from different threads all over this board. I even signed up to be a supporter because the info I've gotten here is priceless compared to small amount it costs to support it. So good on all you people for not railing on each other and defending the Entegra brand without going over the top.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #60

As a former SOB owner, non-DP, I certainly enjoy following this forum, as well as the TRVN forum. There's great people on both forums who certainly have an enormous amount of knowledge, not only their respective brand, but also they provide voluminous information on the general RV lifestyle, technical issues common to RVing, and simply common issues to living life. Keep it coming ... especially Cruzer who is second to none in his knowledge and insight on RVs!
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #61

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Okay, I'll try to offer a bit of advice based on observations I've had both with Entegra coaches as a whole as well as this particular forum. Hopefully it won't offend anyone but chances are someone always does take it the wrong way.

First of all - these forums are open to anyone with any brand. That's a good thing because it gives potential owners a chance to learn from the experiences of others. That's what makes these forums so valuable to its members. I've spent quite a bit of time with Entegra and done numerous articles and reviews for my own website, RV Magazine, as well as FMC Magazine (in fact the Aspire 44B will be in the next issue). I've gotten to know the product quite well and it impresses me like no other class A in that league. Viewing these forum posts opens my eyes to the issues that Entegra (as well as any coach can) have. It helps balance out all the good things I see as far as general build quality. As the floor plans develop and the minor changes get made I would be hard pressed to buy anything else.

Entegra is the new kid on the block. Granted, they began from the roots of Travel Supreme but Jayco has taken the product to a whole new level. Buyers recognize this and the huge increase in sales reflects this. Entegra owners are extremely proud of their coaches. Sure, there is always a coach in any brand that pops up every now and then that goes in the wrong direction but this isn't unique to Entegra and its a rare time when it does occur and Entegra's legendary customer service rivals Bob Tiffin's. If an owner approval rating survery was taken you'd find Entegra up at the top of the list.

Most owners are open minded and view forums pertaining to SOBs as a source of good information that may affect a future purchase decision. However, sometimes owners of other brands get very defensive of their product. After all, they've stuck a lot of time and money into their coach and don't want to think they've made a bad choice. To some of these Entegra can appear to be a threat to that and they will take every advantage to defend their brand and tear down Entegra. After all, who is this new kid on the block that is threatening their well establish brand for king of the hill? Naturally, Entegra owners, who are also proud of their coaches, take offense at that. After all, they see this as "their" turf and that's understandable too. That's when the negative dialogs begin and the moderator has to jump in with a reminder (been there, done that ).

This is a great forum. Filled with lots of usefull information and some great camaraderie amongst the members. My advice to keep it that way is to just ignore any negative comments or trolls by SOB owners and let those posts die. Responding to them just stokes the fire, takes the topic in the wrong direction and encourages more posts of the same.
Mark..
I am not an Entegra owner.. I would like to be but finances don't allow that for me.. BUT, I did communicate with you when I was looking for another coach this spring to upgrade from my 97 Eagle.. I was strongly considering a Tiffin product but was concerned with the commonality of some of the problems on their coaches.. I asked you about Travel Supreme and you kindly suggested that they were a much higher quality coach than the one you own! Very open minded and honest of you!
I ended up buying a 04 40TS04 Travel Supreme and am VERY happy with it! Maybe one day I will be able to own a Entegra.. I would like to.. For right now I am very happy with is't older cousin!
And I am going to join the Entegra Chapter of FMCA just as I belonged to the American Coach chapter for my Eagle...
Thanks for your personal insight.. And for I2RV for this great forum!
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:14 AM   #62

Smile Roger & Marcy

Lots of leaks and problems Entegra repaired all at the factory. Joyce and her team are fantastic people had all the help we needed coach is perfect our first Entegra, fourth new coach as with all new coaches problems are sure to happen we have all been there. We love our new coach and so do our fellow campers.

1Roger is offline   Reply With Quote