RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2017, 10:58 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalisa View Post
Thanks for that info Don, I actually asked that question this morning! Nice meeting you in Quartzsite😊
Lisa
Lisa,

You are welcome. It was great meeting you guys in Quartzsite!! Safe travels.

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #16

I have a 2017 Cornerstone A and the half bath(his) also gets real hot when aqua-hot is running, I was told by dealer that
there is no fan and the solution was to block part of the register, is this true?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Surmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:32 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surmotor View Post
I have a 2017 Cornerstone A and the half bath(his) also gets real hot when aqua-hot is running, I was told by dealer that
there is no fan and the solution was to block part of the register, is this true?

That will work, or turn the vent fan on low or set the thermostat on the vent fan. If it get too hot the fan will come on automatically. At least it does on my Classic.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:25 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
We too had a problem with excessive heat in our mid bath. The floor was so hot, you could not stand on it with bare feet. I checked the temperature at the heat register with an instant read thermometer and it was 150*. I contacted CS and was told this was impossible by 2 experienced service techs because there was no heat register in the mid bath on the 44L. I took a picture of it and forwarded it to them. Oops, not supposed to be there, sorry. NIRV redirected it into the living room area were it was supposed to be. Problem solved.
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:06 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw8602 View Post
We too had a problem with excessive heat in our mid bath. The floor was so hot, you could not stand on it with bare feet. I checked the temperature at the heat register with an instant read thermometer and it was 150*. I contacted CS and was told this was impossible by 2 experienced service techs because there was no heat register in the mid bath on the 44L. I took a picture of it and forwarded it to them. Oops, not supposed to be there, sorry. NIRV redirected it into the living room area were it was supposed to be. Problem solved.
Brian, good example of not all coaches are "created equal" My 1/2 bath has a flow through vent, others are reporting a full blown heat register in the 1/2 bath. It looks like a few need to be corrected like you did with yours. Or maybe the simple flow through vent is a Classic thing and they went fancy with the newer models.

I noticed Cruze modified his with nice equipment to cool it down in the bath. I guess the back yard mechanic in me would be to disconnect the fluid hoses from the register and couple them together by passing the register, if the register was not suppose to be in the living room.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:08 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Surmotor...

We have a 2017 Anthem with the A Floorplan. The 1/2 bath not only has a fan, but it has two fans. The factory has been disconnecting the fans as their solution to high heat in the 1/2 bath. There was a post by Crurzer in another thread where Mark added a temperature controller to control this fan. Much better fix IMHO.

I would not block the vent. Now, we have found that at night we simply leave the door open. Helps to heat the mid coach and keeps the half bath quite a bit cooler, but it still gets warm. May add the temp control fix in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surmotor View Post

Old 02-01-2017, 08:44 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Those are the standard Cozy heat exchangers that Aqua-Hot supplies with their systems. Each heat exchanger has an inlet and outlet port because the antifreeze flows through each heat exchanger in series on that circulation loop. Each heat exchanger does have two fans on the backside that push air through the heat exchanger. Whenever the circulation pump runs, the coolant flows through the heat exchanger but the fans themselves are controlled by the room thermostat. Actually they are indirectly controlled because the thermostat communicates the need for heat to the Aqua-Hot controller. The Aqua-Hot controller actually switches the fans on but only when it determines that the boiler temperature is up high enough. That way you won't get a blast of cold air when you first fire up the boiler and ask for heat.

You can't stop the fluid flow but it's real easy to intercept the two 12 volt wires that go to the heat exchanger fans and interrupt the power so that they don't turn on. It could be as simple as a small toggle or rocker switch or you can automate it like I did and install a thermostatic temperature controller. As long as you stop the fans the room won't heat up even though the heat exchanger is warm.

You can block the exit with a rolled up towel but the fans will still run and that heat builds up inside the cabinet so you have to careful what you store in the cabinet above the heat exchanger. Food items don't fare well in there.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat