Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2017, 09:12 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Aqua Hot 1/2 bath heat

We have a 2016 Cornerstone model 45A. My question is that in the 1/2 bath with the heat on with the Aqua heat is it normal for the 1/2 bath to get extremely hot? I have the thermostat set at 70 but if you leave the door closed in the 1/2 bath it gets to 81*. In the bathroom with door closed. Realizing that the Aqua Hot is directly below the 1/2 bathroom I'm just wondering if that's the norm or do I have a recirculating pump not working? Just got the coach back from the factory and they replaced all 3 Aqua Hot pumps. Maybe it's the normal and I realize we can leave the door open to help distribute the heat..Entagra should have marketed this coach with a sauna in midship??
rnorthway is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2017, 09:36 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnorthway View Post
We have a 2016 Cornerstone model 45A. My question is that in the 1/2 bath with the heat on with the Aqua heat is it normal for the 1/2 bath to get extremely hot? I have the thermostat set at 70 but if you leave the door closed in the 1/2 bath it gets to 81*. In the bathroom with door closed. Realizing that the Aqua Hot is directly below the 1/2 bathroom I'm just wondering if that's the norm or do I have a recirculating pump not working? Just got the coach back from the factory and they replaced all 3 Aqua Hot pumps. Maybe it's the normal and I realize we can leave the door open to help distribute the heat..Entagra should have marketed this coach with a sauna in midship??
That's normal with my RBQ. It has it's own floor register and the thermostat is in another room. Leave the door open to share it's heat with the rest of the coach. Unfortunately with it's own heat register you can't partially close off a register vent.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:46 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you for piece of mind
rnorthway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:53 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnorthway View Post

Not sure of the 45 A floor plan but is there a register directly on the other side of the bathroom register ? There was a coach in for service at the factory that had the heat exchanger installed backwards so it was blowing into the half bath instead of the main living area.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:03 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I didn't think the registers were supposed to blow into the half baths as well, unless that changed on the newer Entegras? Mine does not, but is a 13 "Classic".
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:07 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
On my 14 it is a gravity flow vent, but it still gets warm in the 1/2 bath along with freezing with the A/C. I have the ceiling vent almost closed. Open the door for a minute and everything is fine.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:20 AM   #7

rnorthway, We have a 16 Anthem A and YES our 1/2 bath gets very warm also both from the register as well as the aquahot radiating through the floor. There are 2 fans on each heater and with ours in the 1/2 bath 1 fan blows through the heater into the 1/2 bath while the 2nd fan pulls air and blows into the plumbing chase.

We also usually leave the 1/2 bath door open to disperse the heat but while at factory service in early November some owners asked techs to disconnect the fans on the 1/2 bath heater and my understanding was they did. I'm not recommending you do that just expressing what I observed.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:46 AM   #8

In our 16 Anthem 44A, the mid bath gets much warmer. Some from what others have mentioned, also cooler with the A/C. We just try to leave the door open. We also find the vanity cabinet gets very hot and sometimes leave that door open.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:12 AM   #9

Yu can install a resistor switch that will cut the heat in half. Very easy to do.
kaisooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Just so most others do not go looking for a heat register blowing heat in the 1/2 bath I believe the 2016 45A and 44A was the only model that Entegra experimented with on putting a blower and heat register in the 1/2 bath. For most of us with a 1/2 bath there is a register grate to get residual heat from the one in the living area but no additional heating unit and fan.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:59 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

We had the same thing. The heat exchanger in the half-bath does blow out lots of heat for that small area and the thermostat is in the front because they are all part of zone 1.

What I did was install a temperature controller. I mounted the controller in the cabinet next to the G5 fuse panel in the mid-bath. The temperature probe was run to a point just beneath the vanity countertop where you can't see it but will accurately read the temperature in the room. The controller has normally open or closed contacts so I just ran the two wires to the fan on the heat exchanger beneath the vanity and intercepted the fan wires. I also added a small mini rocker switch to control the 12 VDC power to the controller so that I could turn it on or off as desired - mainly for storage. I set the temperature controller to the desired temperature and whenever the bathroom reaches that temperature the fan shuts off.

I bought the controller on Amazon, was an easy install, looks good and works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #12

Thanks for that info Don, I actually asked that question this morning! Nice meeting you in Quartzsite😊
Lisa
Old 01-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #13

Just to note here. If you are full timing, you should have your roof vents running constantly, especially in cold weather. I run mine at 10% 24/7/365. We are full timers. If you read the documentation these coach are not designed for full time occupancy and moisture will build up which may causer an unsafe condition with mold, mildew, and etc. The heating in the midship bath may be set up to compensate for that. And then maybe not. Can't trust those engineers.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:29 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Two fans, side by side, in a black plastic box with plumbing in and out of it located below the sink in the 1/2 bath in my 2016 RBQ Aspire. It's of a different design than the other typical registers in the coach as it does not blow thru a radiator type exchanger in front of the fans. ? Whatever.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat