Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #1

Commercial Member

Aqua-Hot Coolant

I was told that Entegra is using different brand of coolant other than the more common Camco -100 boiler coolant in their newest units that have Aqua-Hot heaters.

Coolant is green, instead of the more common pink Camco.

Can anyone give me more information?

- Roger -

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #2

Last time I checked, Aqua Hot was selling the Camco brand. Any color will work as long as it is Boiler AntiFrz and not RV antifrz which is pink also, maybe the change in color...never mix the two. Here is a good price for the -100, which you mix 50/50 w/distilled water.
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-Boiler-A...sim_sbs_auto_6

Old 09-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #3

Commercial Member

I am trying to determine exactly what brand of coolant they are using to verify that it IS compatible. I am not sure.

- Roger Berke -
www.Forum.RVHYD.com
Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I've never seen green boiler antifreeze. It sounds to me more like the heavy duty EG coolant that used to be used in engine colling systems before the OEMs started using OAT coolant, such as Final Charge. I seriously doubt that this stuff is compatible. I'd call Entegra service and verify that to be sure. I use a different brand (Cryogen or something like that) that I get from my local plumbing supply store but it's similar to the Camco in color.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #5

We have a new 2013 Entegra Anthem and it's Camco pink.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I just looked at a photo of that area that I took of a 2013 Entegra Cornerstone that I did for a magazine review. The overflow bottle is definitely filled with pink boiler antifreeze.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #7

Commercial Member

I must have been given incorrect information.

Thanks to all who responded.

- Roger Berke -
www.Forum.RVHYD.com
Old 09-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #8

Any true boiler antifreeze will be fine. The regular car green antifreeze would work fine but it technically not a product that is safe for human and pet consumption (though in reality it will not harm you to drink it as all companies have changed formulation because of liability). HOWEVER the car green is definitely NOT recommended because of the possibility of mixing with fresh drinking water in case of a leak somewhere in the hydrohot and actually has vastly different heat transmission and dissipation capabilities as you WANT the water to get hot in the hydrohot and not so much in your car cooling system. Therefore you should use ONLY boiler antifreeze in the system. At least all of that is what Hydro Hot folks told me when I did mix some regular green antifreeze in the system in an emergency because it was very cold, I had had a leak and could not find any boiler antifreeze. Therefore all just my experience and opinion.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #9

Where do you buy the boiler anti freeze?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #10

I purchased some at a local commercial heating and air condition supplier.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #11

My 13 Anthem 44sl has neon green antifreeze in the aqua hot system. I have cold temps here in Pa and I will not winterize unit so we can use it. My aqua hot system does run frequently. Before my last trip, I spoke to Jacob at Entegra about locating some of this boiler antifreeze. I could not locate the neon green, and I did not want to mix the colors, thus myself and others who work on it would not know how dirty it is. Maybe now, they have switched to the pink, which is easier to purchase. Entegra told me that they buy the neon green in 55 gallon drums for the factory. They reached out to their supplier for me and I could purchase it in either the 55 or a 5 gallon portion. Even though my aqua hot does run almost constantly, the shipping cost on the 5 gallons of haz. material and frequency of fill, still did not constitute that big purchase. Jacob was able to give me their vendor contact who did send me a pre-mix 50/50 1 gallon of the neon green for approx. $28 including shipping. Entegra had told me this was a rare color and they were hoping to get out of it. I guess now they have. I have all the info for the neon green boiler antifreeze purchase if needed. Keeping it the same color was very important to me and the service agents. Ron
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #12

Thanks for the info!