Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2020, 07:54 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Aqua hot floor heat

Been snowboarding in Florida panhandle and as most of you know, it can still get a little cold and some freezing nights
So, first yr in this 19’ cornerstone with aqua hot floor heat,
Came from Electric in our previous Allegra bus,
And My bare feet are not happy
Very spotty heat spots, one foot warm, other cold all over the coach floor
Is this a common issue or may there be a problem?
Run it with deisel burner to get it all warmed up and switch yo electric to maintain when not too cold outside. Doesn’t seem to make much difference though
Floor does heat but nothing like electric??
Issue? Or just the distance between water lines?
Basement is also heated and kept at about 60
Not a fan of this type floor heat
Opinions?
Cablemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2020, 07:57 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Dang spell Ck!!
No not snowboarding yet but if doesn’t get warmer, May��
Cablemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:59 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Aqua hot floor heat

The way Entegra lays the floor heat lines guarantees that there will be cold (and hot) spots along the floor. Nothing you can do about it except to lay down some rugs. Also, don’t put something heat sensitive (like butter) on the far right side of the kitchen counter. That will melt for sure.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:46 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
How long has the floor heat been on? It takes about 24 hours using diesel on my coach to get even heat in the floor.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:53 PM   #5

It will never be all over completely even floor heat like you were used to. The problem is the hot water lines run though out the floor where they can, keep in mind there are several slide mechanisms that are in the way, the water lines just can’t be there, thus creating “cold spots”. It’s definitely a give and take. This way is more efficient, especially if you are dry camping. But if you spend most of your time plugged in at an RV park, the electric floor is definitely preferable.

I’ve ran mine for over a week at a time and there will always be cold spots.
Pwdr Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:26 PM   #6

We are also snowboarding in the Florida panhandle, Perdido Key, the powder is great. It'll be a bit chilly this week, lows in the 30s. The Entegra floor heat is way over rated. Like others have said it's hit and miss. Watched them install it in the factory they did nothing to make sure the tubing was in contact with the floor. On top of that others have had kinks in the tubing and garbage plugging it up. Buy some slippers.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:27 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cablemandan View Post
Been snowboarding in Florida panhandle and as most of you know, it can still get a little cold and some freezing nights
So, first yr in this 19’ cornerstone with aqua hot floor heat,
Came from Electric in our previous Allegra bus,
And My bare feet are not happy
Very spotty heat spots, one foot warm, other cold all over the coach floor
Is this a common issue or may there be a problem?
Run it with deisel burner to get it all warmed up and switch yo electric to maintain when not too cold outside. Doesn’t seem to make much difference though
Floor does heat but nothing like electric??
Issue? Or just the distance between water lines?
Basement is also heated and kept at about 60
Not a fan of this type floor heat
Opinions?
Good points others have made. I will add that the floor heat will not be able to keep up if just using the electric element of the Aquahot, you need to run the diesel burner for half way effective floor heat.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:45 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Aqua hot floor heat

The aqua hot is not very good for mild weather, better to not use it. It is much more capable of heating than electric in cold climates. Electric is awesome when you want to knock the chill off but not so awesome in the snow belt! JMHO since I never go near the snow belt!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:32 AM   #9

Aqua floor heat

We have a 15 Aspire which has propane heat. Not sure if the floor heat will work on Elec?? I know it does on gas & can find the cold spots. Glad my house floor isn’t like the coach. Kind like to use the elec floor heat when we are in a park.
Thanks b.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:14 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Like the OP in that I came from a '15 Allegro Bus with electric floor heat, I will say that both have their pluses and minuses. Yes, the electric floor heat in the Tiffin (Allegro Bus) was great in that it was fast, and could be run at no cost when plugged into unmetered electric. However, the Tiffin's electric floor heat grid must be used with caution. Anything on the floor that would hamper the release of the heat from the tile (like some mats and rugs) could subject the electric element to overheating and possible damage. Again, I really enjoyed our Tiffin's electric floor heat, but I didn't even allow the thought to come to my mind of running the heat with the slides in for the aforementioned damage reason. I drive the Anthem with the floor heat on when we are in colder weather.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:09 PM   #11

Currently sitting at mother ship for AIR and end of warranty items. Floor heat has been on since Saturday night. It is definitely spotty but still nice (Currently 22) I will say the Cornerstone has passed the cold weather test. A couple of times we cranked the floor heat up and between it and the Aqua hot registers it literally ran us out.

I almost removed my slinky but am so glad I did not as my drain line for the macerator froze on the way up and I had resort to the gravity dump. Was on the verge of panic until I remembered where I hid the "unused" slinky.

One more note - Traveling in temps reaching low teens extremely comfortable and much warmer than my previous 2008 Allegro Bus. The bus served me well but the cockpit was chilly in frigid weather and hot in high temps. Conerstone does a much better job at both extremes.

Blessed travels,
Michael
Fergtiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:29 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergtiffin View Post
Currently sitting at mother ship for AIR and end of warranty items. Floor heat has been on since Saturday night. It is definitely spotty but still nice (Currently 22) I will say the Cornerstone has passed the cold weather test. A couple of times we cranked the floor heat up and between it and the Aqua hot registers it literally ran us out.

I almost removed my slinky but am so glad I did not as my drain line for the macerator froze on the way up and I had resort to the gravity dump. Was on the verge of panic until I remembered where I hid the "unused" slinky.

One more note - Traveling in temps reaching low teens extremely comfortable and much warmer than my previous 2008 Allegro Bus. The bus served me well but the cockpit was chilly in frigid weather and hot in high temps. Conerstone does a much better job at both extremes.

Blessed travels,
Michael
Good report. I think many of our winter visitors are going to appreciate that this morning. 34* when I got up this morning. Those up in the panhandle should have good snowboarding today, below freezing up there. I hope all the aqua hots are working well.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:52 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
We too had an Allegro bus with electric floor heat. Every time I wanted to use it on cold nights, we had to make sure everything was off the floor. Some things, like a ottoman or the like, could not be taken off the floor. Man, did it get hot under those items.
And we still did have cold spots.

Now, with the AquaHot, we have "warmed" floors with only two cold spots. One, at the foot of the bed, and of course, the engine cover in the bathroom.

I think I prefer the AquaHot.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:55 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra knows

I was recently at an AIM Rally in Louisiana and we had great session with Entegra's Pat Carroll on ways to improve the product they are producing. One of the topics was this very one. Electric floor heat in the Tiffin and Newmar's are definitely more efficient. I suspect in the long run, the electric floor mat would be easier to repair and maintain when compared to the Aqua hot floor system.

Gary
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua hot, floor, heat