Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2018, 06:01 AM   #1

Aqua hot is possessed!!!

We have the air conditioning and heat turned off at our thermostat but there is still heat coming out of the vent under the sink in the back bathroom. We are hooked up and do have the gas turned on for the hot water. The night temps have been in the 60's and days in the upper 70's and 80's. Also, if the night temps drop into the 50's or 40's the thermostat will "magically" turn on without human intervention! We have a 2017 Insignia 44B. Anyone have this same issue? Any ideas on what the problem may be or how to control this aqua hot demon!?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #2

Larry, from your description it sounds as if you are having problems with your thermostat.

Our thermostat has 3 zones, I’m not familiar with how the Insignia is equipped. If yours is one thermostat for the coach, ensure zone 2 isn’t on.

Absent a problem with how the thermostat is programmed, I’d start with a complete depowering of the coach, let it sit for a few minutes then repower. Do this by turning off shore power, turn off 12V switch at entry door, and then turn back on.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Larry, the thermostats have changed almost every year. If you could attach a photo of your thermostat, I am sure someone with that model can help. If I gave you what the reset procedure is for mine, it mine be wrong. Turning off 12v like Matt said is the first thing to try. On the thermostat I was advised to leave 12v power off for at least 20 seconds. Lots of things need time to reset as there are 3 zones
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Are the fans at the exchangers blowing, or are you just feeling heat from those locations? I can feel some heat from the exchanger locations when the AH is running, and the floor heat and Zone 1 and 2 are off. The fans at the exchangers are not blowing? It is not enough to heat up the coach though.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
If your aquahot system is set up the same as my 14 Aspire that is normal. The #2 pump acts as my stir pump with the LP burner on. It is also circulating hot boiler fluid through zone 3 when it runs. That is where the heat is coming from. The only way to avoid that is to switch off the LP burner when not needed.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:23 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrin99 View Post
If your aquahot system is set up the same as my 14 Aspire that is normal. The #2 pump acts as my stir pump with the LP burner on. It is also circulating hot boiler fluid through zone 3 when it runs. That is where the heat is coming from. The only way to avoid that is to switch off the LP burner when not needed.
Agree, same thing with the Diesel 400D. Note that the burner must be on AND water must be flowing from a domestic tap (shower, etc.) for the "stir pump" to kick in.

On our coach after a shower is taken when the burner is on, there is always some residual heat present in the rear bath around the exchanger. But note that the bath exchanger fan does not operate during stir pump mode.

You may also want to check the setting of the thermostat in the basement (on a 17 it's in the most forward passenger side cargo compartment), if it were cranked way up and calling for heat, hot water would be flowing thru all of the plumbing for circulator pump #2 (not zone 2) - that includes the bed, bath and basement heat exchangers. If that were the case the fan for the basement exchanger would be running and the fans for the bed and bath exchangers would not be running (but would still be getting warm).
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:32 PM   #7

We fought with our heating and cooling system for a year until I figured out that the wire to the front heating sensor was cut when the splice was crimped on. get a thermometer and place it by each sense and check it with what the thermostat is registering.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:28 AM   #8

Thanks everyone for the information. We had the thermostat in the basement all the way off. The blowers were not actually running but the heat in the bathroom seemed excessive as if the blowers had been running. We did the depowering and it seems that the reset has done the trick! So far the heat has not come on by itself! Just an FYI... our thermostat is an Airxcell.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:09 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Larry, if that is the black thermostat, you can pull the cover off and there is a glass fuse on the right side. Pull that for 20 minutes resets the entire thermostat.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:47 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I have had my thermostat act up to the point it was useless. Tried the master power switch cycle, no luck. Ended up calling CS and one of their techs talked me thru a reboot procedure. It wasn’t simple so I can’t quote it here. They sounded like it was a familiar process. Thermostat has worked about two years just fine since.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:50 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I have had my thermostat act up to the point it was useless. Tried the master power switch cycle, no luck. Ended up calling CS and one of their techs talked me thru a reboot procedure. It wasn’t simple so I can’t quote it here. They sounded like it was a familiar process. Thermostat has worked about two years just fine since.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote