Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Aqua Hot low fluid level shut-off

My Aqua Hot system is not firing up and the control panel is showing a low fluid level warning. The tank is low so obviously it needs refilled, my question is to confirm what color of fluid do I purchase red or green.
My dealer does not know for sure which one is the correct one.....I know they should know but I will bite my lip and keep my thoughts to myself!
Thanks for your help,
livnadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by livnadream View Post
My Aqua Hot system is not firing up and the control panel is showing a low fluid level warning. The tank is low so obviously it needs refilled, my question is to confirm what color of fluid do I purchase red or green.
My dealer does not know for sure which one is the correct one.....I know they should know but I will bite my lip and keep my thoughts to myself!
Thanks for your help,
For a 2014 it most likely has the green Century boiler fluid in it. You can confirm this by opening up the front panel on the Aquahot and release a small amount of fluid into a container from the drain hose in the bottom of the unit.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Green is usually Ethylene Glycol type and should only be used in some of the older Aqua-Hot boilers like my model 431/12 which has an external fresh water heating loop outside of the boiler.

Your Aqua-Hot has an internal fresh water heating loop located inside the boiler so it requires special boiler coolant fluid.

I would purchased based on type of boiler coolant versus color, eg. Pink - Red - yellowish.

There are Entegra owners with very explicit opinions of what type/brand name of boiler coolant you should use.

Roger Berke sells approved boiler fluid some made by Camco and some made by Century.

Coolant

I would see what other Entegra owners have been using.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:15 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The 2014's were all filled with Century Green from the factory unless someone has changed it. You can do as Don said and get a little from the drain.

For others reading this post, it pays to carry Century Boiler Fluid on board. Most dealers do not carry it, nor does Camping World. The fluid is 50% distilled water and will evaporate from normal use. The AH will shut down when the fluid is to low. The bad part is the fluid is not that easy to find when you need it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #5

PJ covers this in his Aquahot video series found on the Entegra App.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #6

The Aquahot uses propylene glycol. Both Century yellow and the Camco red are propylene glycol. They are interchangeable, however, if you mix them in your system the color of the fluid will turn brown, which is the color of the fluid when it goes bad. Down the road if a technician sees the brown fluid he will want to flush the system and install new fluid.

I buy my Century Transfer Fluid by the quart which dilutes with 2 quarts of distilled water from Amazon. This is slightly less per ounce than buying ready to use gallon containers.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Larry, if anyone wants to spend the time reading what can happen if fluids are mixed or if AH thinks you mixed fluids, it will void the warranty. No replacement motors etc. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/aqua...ge-270914.html

In an emergency, adding distilled water would be safer, then add concentrated Century Fluid when you get it.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #8

My coach was parked in my driveway last weekend, and not level. It was sloped with the front lower.
It was 17 degree so I fired the aqua hot to start warming the coach up for the trip to Florida ( in Jacksonville now ).
My aqua hot started pushing some fluid out the over flow, only reason I have is the downward slope it sat on.
I could not find century fluid anywhere, so I put coach on the level, and added a half gallon of distilled water to system. I ran it until we got to warmer weather, so no freezing issue as it was hot.

I need to find century concentrate here in Florida, or I can just order from amazon and have it delivered to Naples.

Yes on drawing a little from drain line to confirm, yes on it should be century, and yes on....you can mis the two without harming system. I read that on aqua hot web site. It will discolor the fluid.
I would not recommend mixing unless it is a emergency. Distilled water, sold at most grocery stores, is the safe additive until proper fluid can be found.
When it is found, you will need to get blend ratio back to the proper spec. To much anti freeze does not transfer heat well, to much water can freeze system in cold weather.
For proper ratio, just read aqua hot web site.
Boyd R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #9

Good point Chuck. I wish Entegra would have placed a placard on the AH recovery tank stating the required fluid identification.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:10 PM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Everyone always says Century green. It's yellow. Lol. I bought a gallon on Amazon when ours was a little low. I keep it handy in case I need a little more.

https://www.amazon.com/Century-Chemi...ler+antifreeze
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #11

If you need to up the concentration of the boiler fluid why not order this:

https://www.amazon.com/Propylene-Gly...opylene+glycol

Propylene glycol is propylene glycol no matter who sells it. The MSDS for Century only calls out PG...nothing to do with any corrosion inhibitors so just use pure PG to bring the boiler fluid concentration back. if it makes you feel better put in a drop or two of yellow food coloring.

Remember to check the boiler fluid concentration you need to use a refractometer. The concentration checkers for ethylene glycol antifreeze will not work.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:36 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you everyone for your comments, I took Don's suggestion and found it is the green fluid. I took 2 gallons to get her filled up and working again, I will now carry an extra gallon on board as others have suggested.
livnadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Aqua Hot Fuid

My December, 2015 "Classic" Aspire has green fluid.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:17 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by livnadream View Post
Thank you everyone for your comments, I took Don's suggestion and found it is the green fluid. I took 2 gallons to get her filled up and working again, I will now carry an extra gallon on board as others have suggested.
I would be a little concerned on taking 2 gallons. When was the last time the fluid level was checked? That is a lot of fluid usage.

Tags
fluid