Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2017, 07:45 PM   #1
J S

Aqua hot question

My fluid tank was low on coolant and on the aqua hot panel is red light low coolant on so I added some fluid to it but the red light is still on, did anyone know how to reset the code on the panel
J S is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Little hole...middle of panel. You are pushing a micro button switch. Be gentle...toothpick or bar straw, metal not a good idea.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:51 PM   #3

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by J S View Post
My fluid tank was low on coolant and on the aqua hot panel is red light low coolant on so I added some fluid to it but the red light is still on, did anyone know how to reset the code on the panel
If your boiler tank is/was low on coolant.... That fluid went somewhere.... check the tank cap and the fill neck to the tank, either or both may need some attention.
(You did not specify exactly which Aqua-Hot system / model you are dealing with,, would help in making suggestions as to what may be needed)
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:53 PM   #4
J S

I check all connection and don't see any leaks
Old 12-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #5

What model and year of coach do you have and do you know what model AquaHot you have? We ALWAYS need that information to give you any good advice.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #6
J S

2016 Anthem, 4000 model aqua hot
Old 12-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #7

Thanks for the information. I thought that all our Entegra coaches were AquaHot 450 diesel models, but maybe they changed.

If you are finding that you need to add fluid, then I would be worried that you are losing fluid somehow and although you added some, it is still low on fluid. You should not need to be adding fluid beyond a little over a years time. How much have you had to add? If the reset does not work, you can try calling Entegra's after hours emergency number. They should still answer. And if none of that works and you are cold, run to WalMart and buy a couple of small electric heaters to keep everyone cozy this evening.

Gary
Old 12-07-2017, 08:27 PM   #8
J S

You have any experience on electric heat as I got set my thermostat on electric heat and I heard they're going on but no heat just cold air
Old 12-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #9

Well, when you use electric heat, what you are depending on are the heat pumps in the 3 air conditioners. They are quite adequate down to about 40 degrees. But just like heat pumps at our house, heat pumps work poorly under about 40 degrees. My house heat pumps actually shut off at 38 degrees wet bulb and then call on the strip heaters ("emergency heat") to provide warmth below 38-40 degrees. You heat pumps will stop working if the temp drops below that temp. The electric heater element on the AquaHot will be enough to keep the basement heat sufficient on a very cold night, but without the diesel AquaHot running, the coach will get pretty cold. I dont like running the "fireplace" when I am not awake in the coach, but many people do use it. That is why I am saying if you are in a cold area, I would be heading to a big box store or Lowes or Home Depot to get through the night and then see what the factory tells you tomorrow.

Gary
Old 12-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #10

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
You have any experience on electric heat as I got set my thermostat on electric heat and I heard they're going on but no heat just cold air
Hmm... try firing off the diesel burner & see if that makes any difference...The electric side only has a single 1650 watt element so is very limited beyond doing the dishes and washing hands, and is impractical when temps are below 40 or 45 deg.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #11
J S

Good to know about heat pumps as yesterday the outside temperature was over 40 and was the electric heat was working fine but stop working today with 30 degrees. Thank you for helping me out
Old 12-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #12

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Good to know about heat pumps as yesterday the outside temperature was over 40 and was the electric heat was working fine but stop working today with 30 degrees. Thank you for helping me out
As I just realized from your comment(s)....
.. altho the wall thermostat controls both the overhead (A/C) heat pump(s) and the Aqua-Hot systems they are completely separate systems...
The Aqua-Hot alone also has two systems, one is the 1650 watt element in the boiler tank used for doing dishes/and minimal coach heat, and the diesel burner is the main source of heat for the coach (and heating the basement) and continuous hot water for showers and such..
Good Luck & Happy Trails...
Old 12-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #13
J S

So how you set the thermostat for diesel burner
Old 12-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #14
J S

Are the all 3 zones have to be on gas heat ?