Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2018, 05:20 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Tom,
Sorry to hear of the problem with the Aqua Hot.
First are sure you have ignition?
When the Aqua Hot's burner is first turned on it goes thru a prime cycle for 10 -25 seconds before it attempts combustion.
Check the exhaust pipe to see if it's warm or hot after you attempt to start the burner. You maybe just hearing it run the prime cycle.
If the flame sensor does not detect a flame it will shut the burner down in default after 2O seconds for safety to prevent flooding the combustion chamber.This is what it sounds like is going on with your unit.

There are many reasons you may not getting combustion: lack of fuel, no ignition and so on. Everything has to be just right in the burner to function.
If I were you I would change the fuel filter and see what happens. Beyond that you will probably need a tech to trouble shot the unit. The number is a Wix 33109.

Even if the oil burner is not working you should be able to use the electric side.
I don't know where you are but you can help the electric side in heating the water by working off you your water tank rather than directly from the campground source.
Hope you get everything working soon.
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2018, 06:27 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Tom,
Sorry to hear of the problem with the Aqua Hot.
First are sure you have ignition?
When the Aqua Hot's burner is first turned on it goes thru a prime cycle for 10 -25 seconds before it attempts combustion.
Check the exhaust pipe to see if it's warm or hot after you attempt to start the burner. You maybe just hearing it run the prime cycle.
If the flame sensor does not detect a flame it will shut the burner down in default after 2O seconds for safety to prevent flooding the combustion chamber.This is what it sounds like is going on with your unit.

There are many reasons you may not getting combustion: lack of fuel, no ignition and so on. Everything has to be just right in the burner to function.
If I were you I would change the fuel filter and see what happens. Beyond that you will probably need a tech to trouble shot the unit. The number is a Wix 33109.

Even if the oil burner is not working you should be able to use the electric side.
I don't know where you are but you can help the electric side in heating the water by working off you your water tank rather than directly from the campground source.
Hope you get everything working soon.
Richard

Thank you for your help Richard. I took the cover off the unit and inspected everything closely to try to find a loose wire or something. With the door off I cycled the unit by releasing and depressing the safety button behind the door and then I held my hand under the exhaust pipe when it fired and it definitely fired as there were hot exhaust gasses. It burned foe 3-5 seconds and then turned off. I did this several times with the same results each time. I’m running space heaters until I can get home and change the filter and tip. Thank you again for your suggestions.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:36 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Tom, is the electric side working? As far as heat source for the boiler it is independent of the oil burner.
If you have heat on the exhaust pipe you are getting ignition and the burner running. Sounds like it is timing out for some reason. Could be flame sensor.
Richard
Old 01-01-2018, 06:41 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Tom, is the electric side working? As far as heat source for the boiler it is independent of the oil burner.
If you have heat on the exhaust pipe you are getting ignition and the burner running. Sounds like it is timing out for some reason. Could be flame sensor.
Richard

Yes electric side is working.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:48 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Ok Tom, good luck on finding the issue. Happy New Year.
I'm in SE Ohio and it's 10 below this morning. Lot of the county in the ice box now.
I came to our office this morning to check on the heat. The oil furnace is doing its job. A little concerned about fuel gelling at this temp with an outside storage tank, but all ok so far.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:50 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Ok Tom, good luck on finding the issue. Happy New Year.
I'm in SE Ohio and it's 10 below this morning. Lot of the county in the ice box now.
I came to our office this morning to check on the heat. The oil furnace is doing its job. A little concerned about fuel gelling at this temp with an outside storage tank, but all ok so far.

Wow! Good luck with that cold! Happy New Year Richard!
Old 01-01-2018, 08:32 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
We had similar problem in October. AH tech found our coil bad. In 20+ years working AH this was only the 5th coil he ever replaced. Works fine since coil replaced.
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:49 AM   #22

Tom I believe Richard is spot on here.

Part of the ignition process is detecting that the burner has a flame and continues to burn. The Cad Cell is part of the ignition cycle. I believe you’ll have to pull the burner on the Aqua Hot to access the Cad Cell. With the burner out, find the Cad Cell and check all connections. Make sure that the eye of the Cad Cell is also clean. If this all looks good, you can disconnect the Cad Cell and using an ohm meter measure the resistance of the Cell. Not sure of the specs, but I believe that with the cell disconnected you should read less than 1600 ohms. You can also jump across the Cell once the burner has ignited and this will simulate that the Cad Cell has detected a flame.. All depends on how comfortable you are with the burner.

If you decide to dig into it have a look here....Beckett is a leading manufacturer of oil burners and a good source for troubleshooting. All oil burners function the same way and for the most part use a lot of the same components....

https://www.beckettcorp.com/support/...-the-cad-cell/

Good luck.....Happy New Year!
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote