Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
AquaHot 375LP propane burner not igniting

The propane burner on my 14 Aspire aquahot is not igniting. The aquaHot system seems to be working ok with the electric element. Neither the thermostat or the demand for hot water will activate the propane burner. When you reset the system, either pulling the fuses, or turning off the thermostat, the burner comes on for a minute then shuts down. Anybody out there ever run across this?

John
Josh2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Have you tried the cooktop? That should help to diagnose the tank and regulator. If that is working the issue may be with the aqua-hot. Ours had this problem in the beginning, and the cooktop showed problems also. Turned out to be some left over nitrogen in the tank from shipment.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
An easy thing first....is the AH fluid tank full? Here is the 400LP owners manual, the troubleshooting steps start on page 15. Hope it helps. http://www.aquahot.com/eSource/ecom/...ers_Manual.pdf
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
bcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2129 View Post
The propane burner on my 14 Aspire aquahot is not igniting. The aquaHot system seems to be working ok with the electric element. Neither the thermostat or the demand for hot water will activate the propane burner. When you reset the system, either pulling the fuses, or turning off the thermostat, the burner comes on for a minute then shuts down. Anybody out there ever run across this?

John
I just repaired my AH 400LP with the help of AquaHot Customer Support. The AquaHop web site has a link under Support called Library. There you will find copies of all the available docs related to your model. Get the Service document which has better troubleshooting information than the Owner's manual. You can call AquaHot CS and they will help you troubleshoot over the phone. My problem turned out to be a failed Buck Boost. AquaHot CS Sent a replacement covered under warranty via overnight UPS. It took me about 10 minutes to install it and my AH is working fine now.

If yor can handle a screwdriver and read a trouble shooting flow chart, you can probably figure out what is wrong. Good luck and let AH CS help before you get too frustrated.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the help guys. Entegra sending out a local RV repair guy tomorrow as AquaHot repair is hard to find in these parts. He is not aquahot service but is supposed to troubleshoot with them over the phone. Hope it's and easy fix and parts can get ordered and shipped before the holiday. I'll keep you posted.

John
Old 11-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Good luck John. Do post what the fix was....lots of people searching for AH problems now that the weather has turn cold. I am sure others would really appreciate the help.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
After about 3 weeks I think I have my propane aquahot working. Entegra found a local Mobile RV repair company to look at the unit. Turns out to be a bad control card on the 375LP. The ground contact on the control card and the connector wouldn't make a connection to tell the burner to start. Took a while to get the appointment and longer to get the card from AquaHot but it was installed today and seems to be working. Keeping my fingers crossed. Is it just me or does everything break at 5:01 pm eastern time on Friday afternoon or the day before a major holiday?

John
Old 12-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #8

does everything break at 5:01 pm eastern time on Friday afternoon or the day before a major holiday?
I KNOW,, MURPHY is alive and well
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane