Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #1

AquaHot Burner Billowing Smoke......

When I turn on my AquaHot Diesel Burner ....billows of gray smoke are coming out of the exhaust! What could be the cause of this?
Less than 6K miles....Love My Cornerstone and want no other! Would contact the great folks at Entegra...their customer service is second to none, but alas it's Saturday evening and Sunday tomorrow!
Any advice from Road Warriors????
Thanks,
KimAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #2

Do you have their after hours number?
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAnn View Post
When I turn on my AquaHot Diesel Burner ....billows of gray smoke are coming out of the exhaust! What could be the cause of this? Less than 6K miles....Love My Cornerstone and want no other! Would contact the great folks at Entegra...their customer service is second to none, but alas it's Saturday evening and Sunday tomorrow! Any advice from Road Warriors???? Thanks,
Is it cold where you are? I had a problem with fuel gelling this winter with some diesel I got with a % of bio diesel. Could also be a bad fuel nozzle.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #4

Yes, we do have the after hours number, Thank you so much. Just curious to see if anyone else experienced this too!
Old 03-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #5

In Sante Fe, NM...not too cold at all. Will call Entergra and AquaHot after hours number....Thank you so much for your response!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:56 AM   #6

We had this happen while performing annual maintenance I had cracked one of the 2 bolts in the housing. I couldn't tighten properly. Had to remove and send for service to have the bolt replaced then no problem.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:09 AM   #7

Quote:
In Sante Fe, NM...not too cold at all. Will call Entergra and AquaHot after hours number....Thank you so much for your response!
Smoke indicates some sort of fuel/combustion issue. Has an annual maintenance been done? If not I suggest that you contact an AquaHot tech to do the maintenance & he can also check fuel pump pressure which is somewhat critical with the AquaHot.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
This might help and I learned something looking for an answer.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

When I turn on my AquaHot Diesel Burner ....billows of gray smoke are coming out of the exhaust! What could be the cause of this?
Less than 6K miles....Love My Cornerstone and want no other! Would contact the great folks at Entegra...their customer service is second to none, but alas it's Saturday evening and Sunday tomorrow!
Any advice from Road Warriors????
Thanks,
Grey smoke is a "clear" indication of unused diesel fuel.

I would suggest joining Roger Berke's Hydronic Heating discussion group where you will have access to the very BEST information regarding your Aqua-Hot unit.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #10

Smokin'

Kimann,

First thing I think of was when I had continuous smoke blowing a few times and my problem each time was my bus fuel tank was below 1/4 tank level. Ensure you have at least that amount of fuel in tank and no less. Draw for AH is higher up in your diesel tank. Good benefit there is it doesn't let you use all the fuel up so you can drive to the pump and get some more fuel! $$$.

Second, I agree with what was said about service. Your coach only having 6K has nothing to do with it. These puppies need their PM service also just like engine and genny. In fact, mine was completed yesterday and my smoke was blowing only when shutting unit off. New fuel nozzle, filter, and copper gasket fittings for banjo fitting (that's another story,) leaking at return line and diesel fuel all over my concrete pad under AH bay. Supply line o.k. No more smoke at shut down and no more fuel leak.

Adjusted ignition electrodes also. They really needed to be pulled out. What was nice is that the electrode adjustment gauge is right there and accessible on surface of the diesel burner head. It is mounted right on top of the unit and when your done, screws back on for next service. Now when unit kicks on it fires immediately. If you do this service yourself, caution when retightening the diesel burner head. Follow torque guidelines. Unit has aluminum ears where the bolts are and they can snap or crack if over tightened.

I joined Roger Berkes AH forum. Very informative. Good suggestion! And also as always, another good suggestion to contact the knowledgeable staff at CS!

Hopefully your issue is only fuel level or PM service (fuel nozzle.)

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Just down the row from you in Los Suenos. If we can be of assistance, tools, etc, let me know. We are departing tomorrow morning.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #12

How awesome is that...coming right over!!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #13

Thank you so much!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #14

AH service II

While we have this thread open and active, I forgot one important issue on service that I messed up on while working on my AH 450D.

After initially discovering the leaking diesel fuel on my concrete pad and then seeing the smoke discharging from exhaust, I opened the AH unit and was investigating for leak and problems. I immediately ordered parts for next day delivery and set the AH cover back on the unit loosely. I am in PA and it is still cold here and my bus is not winterized, so the use/functioning of my AH is critical. I did not realize there is a interlock control on the AH door which controls it's ability to kick on and activate. So for those that temporarily remove that shell on their unit in the cold or while it's on demand use is needed, put it fully back on each time you walk away. Good thing my parts were here the next day and good thing my Entegra coach has superb insulation, that all was o.k. by the time I figured this out. Just some info for you from my mistake.

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote