Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2017, 03:51 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Aquahot fluid contamination AGAIN

Another item I found on my Annual service and inspection of my 2017 Anthem 44B
Inspecting the Aquahot fluid lines and reservoir, I noted the reservoir was dark and discolored on the lower 2 1/2 inches. Quantity was normal and the system has not been used for over a month. I blocked the drain line and removed the reservoir. The sludge at the bottom of the reservoir was about 1/4 inch thick, and was the color and consistency of 50 weight oil...This was nasty looking stuff. I am going to seek advice from Aquahot by driving down and showing them the sample I have saved. I will update this post with my findings[emoji15]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4241.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	166493Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4246.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	166494
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I hate to say this, but you brought up a nightmare I lived for six months. The information I posted before was not "false" during that ordeal. Let us know what Aqua Hot has to say, that will be very interesting since there are no old pumps involved.

You are still under warranty, but when it happens to me again, I will flush the system and put anything but Century Fluid back in. AH said I had to keep it as I was still under warranty. It will be very interesting what the reason is for A brand new MH's still having the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I recall your nightmare postings. If they consider this normal, I am going to explore a way to filter the fluid... My best guess at this point is something rubber is disintegrating in the system....
Old 06-26-2017, 04:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
but when it happens to me again, I will flush the system and put anything but Century Fluid back in.

Don't you mean if ?

Be an optimist.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:36 PM   #5

He's talking about a new coach. Probably just easier to specify a red fluid change with the deal.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
I recall your nightmare postings. If they consider this normal, I am going to explore a way to filter the fluid... My best guess at this point is something rubber is disintegrating in the system....
Les

Do you have any of the older Square or round AH pumps? I changed all of mine (except the booster pump) to the new Buehler pumps. IMHO the pumps are what is degrading. Since I flushed and filled my system with Camco pink the fluid looks brand new. IMHO, that Century Fluid and those old 105/107 pumps do not work together well. I don't have proof. I even sent my fluid into a lab for chemical analysis in 2015 and they couldn't identify it. My overflow tank looked just like yours.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:32 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I am not sure which pumps are installed. In as much as it is an early 2017 I would assume they are the Buehler improved pumps. I will verify that in the morning. Les
Old 06-27-2017, 04:47 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Don't you mean if ?

Be an optimist.
Bob, Just me, but I still do not have faith in the Century Fluid. When the gallon I have for topping off is finished, so is the Century fluid. That is one vendor I will not support at $30. a gallon. Les's photo shows that it can still happen at anytime, and none of the companies involved will give a reason why. Funny how a 2 letter word can get a rant out of me. I have a lot more, but I'll keep it to myself this time. It is going to be very interesting to hear what they tell Les this time around.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Aquahot wants me to continue to operate the system. As long as the particulates are not large enough to block the system heating lines or radiators. They advised me they are unable to assist me at the factory as they do not have the facilities to do so....I have a three week trip coming up shortly, at that point I will check the system again... Buehler pumps are installed, and the tech support said they have had no issues with them.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:17 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Sounds like they want you to spend your trip as their Guinea Pig
Old 06-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Les, just going to pass on what happened to me. My particles got large enough they did block up my system at the elbow for the floor heat in the wheel well under the divers seat. You can see a photos of the blockage in the previous post towards the end. To my knowledge, I am the only one that has posted that problem. Sounds like Aqua Hot is still not to concerned with the sludge problem until the system stops working. That's the last I heard as well, "sludge" is normal.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Les, just going to pass on what happened to me. My particles got large enough they did block up my system at the elbow for the floor heat in the wheel well under the divers seat. You can see a photos of the blockage in the previous post towards the end. To my knowledge, I am the only one that has posted that problem. Sounds like Aqua Hot is still not to concerned with the sludge problem until the system stops working. That's the last I heard as well, "sludge" is normal.

I appreciate the info... I will get the forum updated !
Old 06-27-2017, 05:57 PM   #13

Les, I'm sorry you're having this issue. Personally, I struggle with AH because they seem so temperamental. With that said.....mine has now worked for one year without any issue but it's always on my mind when I flip the switch.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:52 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
You mentioned filtering the fluid....JohnnyReno filtered his through a paint strainer when he did the motor change, but I don't know if the sludge came back.

I was going to install an inline filter that was easy to clean and I could see if the sludge was coming back. I found this one, 4th one down, that would work perfect, but the last time I called he was still looking for a new manufacture. http://www.sancarlosradiator.com/Vol...p/products.htm These were the best I could find that were still available. http://www.rusco.com/index.php/produ...-water-filters

When we were at Entegra last year, people where having the AH fluid changed. Entegra, at that time had, both Camco pink and Century Green. What they are doing while under warranty, I don't know, but it is worth a call. I know they do not have the support of AH as they consider it normal until the AH quits. That's fun at 30 degrees, but at least hot water, zone 3 heat and the fireplace worked.

Good luck with your situation, sure sorry that you are having to go through it. I was hoping the new Buehler motors would take care of the problem

To my knowledge nobody has found a reason why 1 out of a 100 (my guess) coaches develop bad sludge in the fluid.

Tags
fluid