Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #1

AquaHot in an Anthem

while "breaking in" our new 2012 Anthem, I noticed that when the AquaHot was in the "furnance" mode that the overhead A/C compressors come on as well????? anyone have that experience and why would the A/C compressors come on? (no cold air, just seems to be cycling outside air??) I've sent this question to dealer, who is checking into it for me. Figured I'd get a quicker answer thru the forum.

By the way.... Love the new coach. still trying to understand and get use to all the new gadgets, etc.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
while "breaking in" our new 2012 Anthem, I noticed that when the AquaHot was in the "furnance" mode that the overhead A/C compressors come on as well????? anyone have that experience and why would the A/C compressors come on? (no cold air, just seems to be cycling outside air??) I've sent this question to dealer, who is checking into it for me. Figured I'd get a quicker answer thru the forum.

By the way.... Love the new coach. still trying to understand and get use to all the new gadgets, etc.
Congrats on your purchase..you might try removing the thermostat and unplugging it. Were all three zones in the furnace mode???

bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Congrats on your purchase..you might try removing the thermostat and unplugging it. Were all three zones in the furnace mode???
I tried each zone in the furnance mode. the auto zone will allow a/c and furnance to operate in tandem depending on temp setting. but does not make sense for a/c compressors to come on when in the furnance/aqua mode?
Old 09-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #4

Interesting for sure. I have nothing to add except that there are times in the past I would have liked to have that option at night but was not available on my former coach. Let us all know what you find out, enquiring minds want to know.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Could it be your Aqua Hot furnace works in conjunction with the heat pumps?
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Interesting for sure. I have nothing to add except that there are times in the past I would have liked to have that option at night but was not available on my former coach. Let us all know what you find out, enquiring minds want to know.
It appears that each mode can have the overhead fans set to run, no matter the zone or mode. spoke with Entegra direct today, that's what they said which made sense. I'll double check the mode and see if the fans are activated... the idea that when the AquaHot heating is activated that the fans can be used to recirculate the warm air that rises to the ceiling.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #7

LP5151 I also have the same system and if I am remembering correctly in the Manual it explains how to set the furnace/aqua setting to either furnace or acqua. As I recall it can be toggled between two options. Also I am advised there is no in-floor heating in the bedroom so another heat option must be used there pending a future design modification.

Bill
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
LP5151 I also have the same system and if I am remembering correctly in the Manual it explains how to set the furnace/aqua setting to either furnace or acqua. As I recall it can be toggled between two options. Also I am advised there is no in-floor heating in the bedroom so another heat option must be used there pending a future design modification.

Bill
yeah Bill, the furnace or aqua can be set by holding down two of the buttons at the same time and then the thermostat will either read furnance or Aqua.. it's just a notation, doesn't change how the system works.. the AquaHot will work wether the read out says furnance or Aqua... no biggy not having a heat register in the bedroom, the bathroom and kitchen bleed over into the bedroom with no problem..
Old 09-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #9

Bill2011, question... have you found a way to monitor how many amps the coach is pulling off shore power? I see the amps being used from the inverters, but not from the shore power post?..
Old 09-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #10

IP, pobably the best way is to install a surge protector. I have one from Progressive Industries which cuntinually reads out amps on each led. You should have one of these anyway on a coach such as this.

Of course, for any wire flowing current, there's always your trusty ol' ammeter.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
IP, pobably the best way is to install a surge protector. I have one from Progressive Industries which cuntinually reads out amps on each led. You should have one of these anyway on a coach such as this.

Of course, for any wire flowing current, there's always your trusty ol' ammeter.
slabman, Entegra installs one as standard equipment, it's in the bay, not easily accessiable for viewing. I am assuming there is a way to monitor this off the Magnum monitors if they are programed correctly, not sure. there should be a way to check amps being used from shore power without leaving the coach??
Old 09-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #12

My Progressive unit has provision for a second remote readout, so you might consider that. It should be an easy job to run a line from the electrical bay up through the hole in the floor under the main TV cabinet for this. I think Progressive told me a second remote was between $50-75.00
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
My Progressive unit has provision for a second remote readout, so you might consider that. It should be an easy job to run a line from the electrical bay up through the hole in the floor under the main TV cabinet for this. I think Progressive told me a second remote was between $50-75.00
great idea, i'll check it out.

thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #14

lp5151, No I don't know how to tell how many amps the coach darws from shore power. I'm not very familiar with that stuff and would need advice. On the bedroom heat issue in my case I had deleted carpet in the bedroom of my coach and went with porcelain tile. So I have a cold floor to put my feet on while I thought I would have a warm one. Entegra are going to find a solution and fix it up for me.

bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote