RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Aquahot LP Buck Boost

I just had my 3rd buck boost failure on my Aquahot 400LP in just over 4 years. Of course they always fail in the winter when you need the Aquahot the most for heat. I discovered that Aquahot has finally addressed this issue and are using a new design for their buck boosts. There is a TSB (S-173) that covers this issue now. This new design appears much more robust with a dedicated heat sink and a metal vented case that should perform much better than the old one. Beware though that lots of the dealers and repair techs might still be carrying the old style ELE-375-015 which has been discontinued. The new replacement part numbers are ELE-400-021 for the fan and ELE-400-022 for the ignitor. I had to order the new parts directly from Aquahot because the local techs here and dealer just had the old part in stock. I replaced both of mine with the new style, hopefully this is the last one for a while.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the update, will check and see if the LP-375 has an update too. Sorry to hear you have been through 4. I replaced mine about 3 years ago, fingers crossed, still working.

Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrin99 View Post
I just had my 3rd buck boost failure on my Aquahot 400LP in just over 4 years. Of course they always fail in the winter when you need the Aquahot the most for heat. I discovered that Aquahot has finally addressed this issue and are using a new design for their buck boosts. There is a TSB (S-173) that covers this issue now. This new design appears much more robust with a dedicated heat sink and a metal vented case that should perform much better than the old one. Beware though that lots of the dealers and repair techs might still be carrying the old style ELE-375-015 which has been discontinued. The new replacement part numbers are ELE-400-021 for the fan and ELE-400-022 for the ignitor. I had to order the new parts directly from Aquahot because the local techs here and dealer just had the old part in stock. I replaced both of mine with the new style, hopefully this is the last one for a while.

Good info for those of us with the LP units. Any idea how much they cost? I guess I should add one to my tool box
dave&ginny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:33 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Thanks for the update, will check and see if the LP-375 has an update too. Sorry to hear you have been through 4. I replaced mine about 3 years ago, fingers crossed, still working.
The TSB list both the LP375 and LP400. So it is the same part for both.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Good info for those of us with the LP units. Any idea how much they cost? I guess I should add one to my tool box
The buck boost board itself is the same for ignitor and fan however the wiring harness is different. The TSB replacement kit replaces the buck boost and the wiring harness for each and they are unique. For some reason there is a big difference in price. The ignitor was $75 and the fan was $97 plus shipping from Aquahot. After you have the new wiring harness, you would just replace the buck boost itself with is part number ELE-400-020. I am not sure of the price on that. I attached the TSB if anyone is interested. It has pictures.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aquahot TSB S-13.pdf (2.71 MB, 11 views)
Old 02-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #6

Thank you posted this.
Tom
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #7

I have had two buck booster converters fail for the fan on my LP375 within the past year. The first was the old type. The second failure was the new type. I think part of the problem is that moisture can get inside the AquaHot cabinet when driving in the rain as the bottom is open. I have nothing to base this opinion on other than observation when replacing the second one.
bulldogcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:07 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogcade View Post
I have had two buck booster converters fail for the fan on my LP375 within the past year. The first was the old type. The second failure was the new type. I think part of the problem is that moisture can get inside the AquaHot cabinet when driving in the rain as the bottom is open. I have nothing to base this opinion on other than observation when replacing the second one.
There is a solution for the open bottom on the 375, or at least there was when I looked into it back in 2016. Part # SME-375-550. I was quoted $169.50 + shipping.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:16 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I saw the shroud listed but couldn’t find a breakout of the installation. If anyone has a pic, that would be great.

Cheers

HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote