RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 136
Aquahot LP Buck Boost

I just had my 3rd buck boost failure on my Aquahot 400LP in just over 4 years. Of course they always fail in the winter when you need the Aquahot the most for heat. I discovered that Aquahot has finally addressed this issue and are using a new design for their buck boosts. There is a TSB (S-173) that covers this issue now. This new design appears much more robust with a dedicated heat sink and a metal vented case that should perform much better than the old one. Beware though that lots of the dealers and repair techs might still be carrying the old style ELE-375-015 which has been discontinued. The new replacement part numbers are ELE-400-021 for the fan and ELE-400-022 for the ignitor. I had to order the new parts directly from Aquahot because the local techs here and dealer just had the old part in stock. I replaced both of mine with the new style, hopefully this is the last one for a while.
__________________

__________________
James and Diana
2014 Entegra Coach Aspire 44B
jherrin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Mwoodofd's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Colinas, Texas
Posts: 960
Thanks for the update, will check and see if the LP-375 has an update too. Sorry to hear you have been through 4. I replaced mine about 3 years ago, fingers crossed, still working.
__________________

__________________
Mark & Debra Wood, Las Colinas, TX.
13 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
14 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:16 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
dave&ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Peoria IL
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrin99 View Post
I just had my 3rd buck boost failure on my Aquahot 400LP in just over 4 years. Of course they always fail in the winter when you need the Aquahot the most for heat. I discovered that Aquahot has finally addressed this issue and are using a new design for their buck boosts. There is a TSB (S-173) that covers this issue now. This new design appears much more robust with a dedicated heat sink and a metal vented case that should perform much better than the old one. Beware though that lots of the dealers and repair techs might still be carrying the old style ELE-375-015 which has been discontinued. The new replacement part numbers are ELE-400-021 for the fan and ELE-400-022 for the ignitor. I had to order the new parts directly from Aquahot because the local techs here and dealer just had the old part in stock. I replaced both of mine with the new style, hopefully this is the last one for a while.

Good info for those of us with the LP units. Any idea how much they cost? I guess I should add one to my tool box
__________________
2015 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Pusher.. 2016 Ram Limited 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 diesel
Blue Ox Avail, Air Force One
dave&ginny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Thanks for the update, will check and see if the LP-375 has an update too. Sorry to hear you have been through 4. I replaced mine about 3 years ago, fingers crossed, still working.
The TSB list both the LP375 and LP400. So it is the same part for both.
__________________
James and Diana
2014 Entegra Coach Aspire 44B
jherrin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Good info for those of us with the LP units. Any idea how much they cost? I guess I should add one to my tool box
The buck boost board itself is the same for ignitor and fan however the wiring harness is different. The TSB replacement kit replaces the buck boost and the wiring harness for each and they are unique. For some reason there is a big difference in price. The ignitor was $75 and the fan was $97 plus shipping from Aquahot. After you have the new wiring harness, you would just replace the buck boost itself with is part number ELE-400-020. I am not sure of the price on that. I attached the TSB if anyone is interested. It has pictures.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aquahot TSB S-13.pdf (2.71 MB, 11 views)
__________________
James and Diana
2014 Entegra Coach Aspire 44B
jherrin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 621
Thank you posted this.
Tom
__________________
___________
Tom & Bev, Riley(3yo Lab)
2014 Entegra Aspire 44b
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
bulldogcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Port Gibson, MS
Posts: 13
I have had two buck booster converters fail for the fan on my LP375 within the past year. The first was the old type. The second failure was the new type. I think part of the problem is that moisture can get inside the AquaHot cabinet when driving in the rain as the bottom is open. I have nothing to base this opinion on other than observation when replacing the second one.
bulldogcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
voltdoc's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Greenwich, RI
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogcade View Post
I have had two buck booster converters fail for the fan on my LP375 within the past year. The first was the old type. The second failure was the new type. I think part of the problem is that moisture can get inside the AquaHot cabinet when driving in the rain as the bottom is open. I have nothing to base this opinion on other than observation when replacing the second one.
There is a solution for the open bottom on the 375, or at least there was when I looked into it back in 2016. Part # SME-375-550. I was quoted $169.50 + shipping.


__________________
Rob & Linda http://MyQuantumDiscovery.com
2017 Entegra Aspire 44B - 2013 Honda Odyssey
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:16 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
HarleySG's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pine, CO
Posts: 461
I saw the shroud listed but couldn’t find a breakout of the installation. If anyone has a pic, that would be great.

Cheers
__________________

__________________
Rusty & Pam
2012 Entegra Aspire RBQ
2007 Harley Street Glide
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C7: Phantom "Low Boost" and "No Boost" Codes ProjectPro Caterpillar Engine Forum 6 12-22-2016 12:20 PM
Video Switchbox / Converter Box Hookup - To boost or not to boost? Planocat Newmar Owner's Forum 3 05-19-2015 05:26 PM
Turbo Boost What is the Maximum Boost that a 5.9, 275HP shogun1940 Cummins Engines 10 11-30-2014 07:47 PM
Boost/no boost JDD Cummins Engines 16 11-09-2014 08:01 AM
Hughes autoformer versus buck and boost paintman607 MH-General Discussions & Problems 16 08-13-2010 04:45 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.