Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #15

My fault for probably being unclear here. When we were looking for a coach to buy several months ago, one of the ways that BCS tried to get our business, since they knew we were local and might buy out of state, was to say that if we bought elsewhere we would always be put at the end of the repair queue behind people who bought from them, no matter what order we asked for the repair. That was certainly the implication. We thought this unethical and so do not want to use them for repairs now. We wouldn't expect to cut in line in any way if we did go to them for help. Sorry for the confusion, my original intent was simply to get help with the Aquahot issue.
gbrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2017, 10:12 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
FWIW, there are mobile AH repair guys. The only requirement now is a couple hundred dollars and a couple hours training in Denver. They are not always highly reliable.

As to Beaver (and any other dealer, unfortunately)...sales guys don't always rep the dealer very well...but that surprises me. It is a long way/time to go with no hot water, but I don't know of any AH type otherwise. Several large RV dealers on I80 SW of Sacramento/Fairfield CA.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:36 AM   #17

We met the folks from Beaver at the California rally a bout three years ago and they left a good impression on us. I would say give them a try and if no luck head to NIRVC in Phoenix.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:52 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
I just googled aquahot service in the pacific northwest and came up with this guy in Sandy OR. It surprises me that AH would not have any mobile service contacts in such a prime location. Hope this helps... Mobile RV Repair

This is the second post on AH problems on a 2018, the last one was a long rant on Facebook that was finally resolved when Joyce Skinner got involved.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:19 AM   #19

Thanks for the Sandy reference. However, I called Sandy, Oregon yesterday and the repair guy told me he was going on vacation for two weeks starting today! Also called Eugene for mobile service and they stated Salem was too far away for them to travel. Thanks to all for the suggestions, though. I've always appreciated the willingness to help from this forum. We are still working on it.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:40 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
How is it someone with a new 2018 still under full warranty can't find a repair shop .. any shop that Entegra can recommend. I can't believe there is nobody in the northwest to service a aquahot Beaver can do it they've worked on mine but I understand your frustration
Guaranty in Junction city doesn't sell Entegra but they do work on aquahot I believe . I've used elite in Harrisburg but have no idea if they work on warranty aquahot
Good luck
We are looking to replace our beaver in the next couple years .. Entegra and Newmar are top of the list but the last 6 months reading on dealers and manufactures lack of response has us thinking our 03 Beaver Marquis may be with us much longer .
Old 09-19-2017, 08:05 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Beaver Coach is a first rate company with first rate service center. Perhaps you should reevaluate your attitude towards them? Problem solved.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:18 AM   #22

To be fair, Entegra is trying to find us help, but most are not mobile and are booked up far in advance and since we're full timing, we can't leave the coach somewhere without extreme difficulty, especially since we are leaving for California soon for Fall/Winter. Mobile services that are actually available to us here are not familiar with Aquahot but we have one engaged now who may be of some help. He stated he had 14 service calls yesterday so is extremely busy and has very limited experience with Aquahot type systems but will work with Aquahot to diagnose when he can make it to us, if possible. We are not without hot water, so not completely desperate, however. Our electric works, the diesel burner does not. I mentioned in original post that when fuse originally blew we lost both but eventually electric was restored. Thanks again.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:29 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
One thing that I would consider is having Aquahot send you a control thermostat ahead of the service visit. You may also want to get the right antifreeze fluid in advance as well. For 200 bucks you could just have them send their annual service kit as this would give you the best shot at enabling your mobile service person to have a shot at a one visit fix.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Didn't read the whole thread so may be asking a question already asked.

When you go out and look at the Aqua Hot unit are any of the lights showing a fault?
Old 09-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #25

No fault lights. I did talk to Darin Hathaway. Very helpful. He had me remove face plate of Aquahot burner and check in line 20 amp bus fuse. It was burnt out. Replaced and hit burner switch in bathroom. Both electric and burner switch lights went out so blew both 25 amp fuse for Aquahot in front driver side compartment and the 20 amp in line fuse by burner. Darin felt the problem is either the control box or berrings(sp?). Still looking to get help. Aquahot may pay for parts but not labor if we don't take in to one of their approved shops. On hold with Entegra to discuss. Thanks
Old 09-19-2017, 04:03 PM   #26

We found a place in Prineville, Oregon, High Desert RV and Auto, that should be able to repair Aquahot as well as adjust rear Girard awning. Hoping to get all done in one day about a week from now, it's about 45 minutes from Bend. Thanks all for suggestions and comments.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
It sounds like the Beaver Sales guy thinks that all his customers will just park in Bend until they need service. That is really a stupid attitude to have when servicing a product that is designed to travel.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:54 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
It sounds like the Beaver Sales guy thinks that all his customers will just park in Bend until they need service. That is really a stupid attitude to have when servicing a product that is designed to travel.

I was thinking the same. Shouldn't it be a selling point you can get service on the road in your travels.
Entegra should ,if they already don't, have a clause in their dealer contract a requirement they offer service to coaches no matter where they were purchased without jerking the coach owner around.
This helps promote the brand. How could we use our coaches if we were tied to the selling dealer for service.
I know some dealers just don't get it.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote