Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 04:38 PM   #1

Aquahot stopped-no help forthcoming

We have a 2018 Entegra Aspire 44W. This morning, the hot water stopped. When I checked, both lights on the switches (electric and burner) in the half bath were out. Called Entegra and they helped me to find the 25 amp fuse that had obviously burned out. Replaced and tried to restart Electric and Burner. Fuse burned out again. Entegra had me make sure all wires were connected tightly behind control panel. Put in another fuse. Now electric stays on but diesel burner on Aquahot does not come on even though switch may light for varying lengths of time. We are full timers in Salem, Oregon and can't locate a mobile service for Aquahot. Entegra can't get us local mobile help nor can Aquahot. Any suggestions for a new owner and non technical guy? We've only had coach 2 1/2 months. Thanks!
gbrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2017, 04:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrash View Post
We have a 2018 Entegra Aspire 44W. This morning, the hot water stopped. When I checked, both lights on the switches (electric and burner) in the half bath were out. Called Entegra and they helped me to find the 25 amp fuse that had obviously burned out. Replaced and tried to restart Electric and Burner. Fuse burned out again. Entegra had me make sure all wires were connected tightly behind control panel. Put in another fuse. Now electric stays on but diesel burner on Aquahot does not come on even though switch may light for varying lengths of time. We are full timers in Salem, Oregon and can't locate a mobile service for Aquahot. Entegra can't get us local mobile help nor can Aquahot. Any suggestions for a new owner and non technical guy? We've only had coach 2 1/2 months. Thanks!
I've heard good things about Beaver Coach Sales in Bend Oregon. They are an Entegra Dealer and may be able to help. Maybe 150 miles from where you are in Salem? 800-382-2597
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:30 PM   #3

Thanks, we are coincidentally traveling to Bend on Saturday. Not to open a can of worms, but the sales manager at BCS told us in no uncertain terms that if we did not buy from them (we didn't) that we'd be put at the end of their service list if we came in for repairs. We are heading south to escape the NW Fall/Winter within a couple weeks. Thanks again for the suggestion!
Old 09-18-2017, 06:05 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Head to NIRV in Phoenix they don't have an attitude like that.
Just my experience and many others.

Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C310 View Post
Head to NIRV in Phoenix they don't have an attitude like that.
Just my experience and many others.

Steve
X2.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Best trouble shooter over the phone and Aqua Hot Tech in the country.
Darin Hathaway 574-612-4826. He is the the Aqua Hot Tech for Entegra at their home rallies. The guy is awesome!
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:10 PM   #7

If any dealer told me that I would be at the end of their list for service if I didn't buy from them, I would not buy from them and I would tell everyone I know not to buy there also. It seems that there are a lot of these kind of dealers, so when travelling, it's difficult to get service. That's bad for everyone who travels. Maybe someday this attitude will change. I understand that NIRV is one dealer that will look after people that haven't bought from them. Whenever I go near them they will get my business.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #8

I will try Darin Hathaway tomorrow. Thanks for the referral. I had the same reaction to the service warning from BCS as I saw posted above. It is one of the reasons why We drove half way across the country to buy instead of there.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks, we are coincidentally traveling to Bend on Saturday. Not to open a can of worms, but the sales manager at BCS told us in no uncertain terms that if we did not buy from them (we didn't) that we'd be put at the end of their service list if we came in for repairs. We are heading south to escape the NW Fall/Winter within a couple weeks. Thanks again for the suggestion!
Scratch that place from my list of possible resources. I'd take cold showers everyday before I'd drop a dime in their bank account.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:53 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I will try Darin Hathaway tomorrow. Thanks for the referral. I had the same reaction to the service warning from BCS as I saw posted above. It is one of the reasons why We drove half way across the country to buy instead of there.
Mention that he was referred by the forum. Darin gets a lot of Snowbird business from the forum and he has treat us very well. He travels to RV parks during the season. Just saw him in MI last month.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Of course you go to the back of the list. They have great customer service and never let someone else cut in front of you for service if you are their customer. Sounds like the best company to buy from if you ask me.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:38 PM   #12

A "bring it on in and we'll get to it as soon as possible" would have sufficed rather than saying what they did. It's probably a simple fix and wouldn't affect "their" customers anyway
ButchT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #13

That's a TOTALLY IGNORANT thing to say to anyone. It would not make me buy anything at that location.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:04 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I'd suggest you call Ken in service at Beaver. I didn't buy from them, but I just completed about 10k worth of body and paint work. I know they have a lot of coaches there for service; I know not all of them are their sales. If you go there, I'd recommend you pass on to Ty (owner) that comment from the sales guy; just don't think that sounds like most of Beaver.JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote