Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Port Neches, TX 77651
Posts: 88
Are my house batteries OK???

I was concerned with my new '16 Aspire's batteries since Dixie RV does NOT keep new rigs PLUGGED IN. Therefore batteries are dead in a number of coaches. I ran load tests. OK. Electronic tester--OK. Specific gravities--from 1.250 to 1.260. All seemed OK BUT when plugged in, my inverter/charger remote always reads 12 amps with no other loads. With batteries disconnected (and plugged in), gauge reads 0. Voltage shows around 13.3 to 13.4v. In my Ambassador with same remote and same voltages, it would eventually read 0 amps float.
So, question is: what do your coaches read when plugged in and everything shut off? The 120v meter to the left over the door reads 1 to 2 amps only. I have manually set the charger readings to default but have NOT reset the inverter button.
__________________

__________________
midasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
757driver's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posts: 2,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by midasman View Post
I was concerned with my new '16 Aspire's batteries since Dixie RV does NOT keep new rigs PLUGGED IN. Therefore batteries are dead in a number of coaches. I ran load tests. OK. Electronic tester--OK. Specific gravities--from 1.250 to 1.260. All seemed OK BUT when plugged in, my inverter/charger remote always reads 12 amps with no other loads. With batteries disconnected (and plugged in), gauge reads 0. Voltage shows around 13.3 to 13.4v. In my Ambassador with same remote and same voltages, it would eventually read 0 amps float.
So, question is: what do your coaches read when plugged in and everything shut off? The 120v meter to the left over the door reads 1 to 2 amps only. I have manually set the charger readings to default but have NOT reset the inverter button.
I think it is normal. My front inverter (2800 watt) constantly shows some sort of a load even when the batteries are fully charged. It varies between 12 and 17 amps DC. This load is the float charge on the batteries and also making up for any DC power being used by lights etc.
__________________

__________________
Don & Gerri
2014 Entegra Anthem 44B
2014 Honda CRV Touring

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Port Neches, TX 77651
Posts: 88
My Aspire 42DEQ was picked up last week and has been plugged in and charging 24/7 ever since. I wonder why the specific gravity is as low as 1.250 on some cells--if my hygrometer is correct, that means that some cells could be as low as 90% charged. Trojan battery says a 12 v deep cycle should be at 1.277 @ 100% charge. Doesn't seem quite right...
Thank-you, Don.
__________________
Pete and Mary
2016 Entegra Aspire
42DEQ
midasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:10 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
757driver's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posts: 2,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by midasman View Post
My Aspire 42DEQ was picked up last week and has been plugged in and charging 24/7 ever since. I wonder why the specific gravity is as low as 1.250 on some cells--if my hygrometer is correct, that means that some cells could be as low as 90% charged. Trojan battery says a 12 v deep cycle should be at 1.277 @ 100% charge. Doesn't seem quite right...
Thank-you, Don.
What are the settings on your inverter panel set to for charging your batteries? Perhaps it is not being charged properly.
__________________
Don & Gerri
2014 Entegra Anthem 44B
2014 Honda CRV Touring

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 15,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
What are the settings on your inverter panel set to for charging your batteries? Perhaps it is not being charged properly.
Pete, what Don said was the problem with my inverter/charge settings from the factory. I was not getting a full charge on my batteries.
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
A "Classic" 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Port Neches, TX 77651
Posts: 88
I went through the settings on the remote and there aren't that many to change. Also, I didn't see way to equalize the batteries. All I could see was to increase the absorb time over the 2 hours to 2 1/2 or 3 hours...
__________________
Pete and Mary
2016 Entegra Aspire
42DEQ
midasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:56 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
jmcannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 303
Mine usually shows 2 amps.
__________________
2005 Fleetwood Excursion 39L, 350 Cat, Allison 3000, 1991 Honda Accord EX Toad
jmcannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
757driver's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posts: 2,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by midasman View Post
I went through the settings on the remote and there aren't that many to change. Also, I didn't see way to equalize the batteries. All I could see was to increase the absorb time over the 2 hours to 2 1/2 or 3 hours...
Pete,

PM me your battery make and model, and how many, and I can send you what the settings should be.
__________________

__________________
Don & Gerri
2014 Entegra Anthem 44B
2014 Honda CRV Touring

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
batteries, house batteries



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batteries, Batteries, Batteries... JasonDean Newmar Owner's Forum 46 07-09-2016 08:58 AM
Auxiliary Batteries vs. Main Batteries - which is which? Batteries dying.......😞 Napabeth Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 16 08-05-2015 01:54 PM
Jumper from house batteries to chassis batteries? Cusn Edy Class A Motorhome Discussions 34 12-24-2013 02:55 PM
2012 Excel UP Trip Day 10 Michigan House & Calumet Opera House GoneWithTheWind Excel Owner's Forum 0 09-23-2012 08:15 PM
batteries in MH--House batteries rivrduk National RV Owner's Forum 19 10-04-2010 05:56 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.