Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #1

Are the ceiling lights on my Aspire

LEDs, and the ones near the sink are halogens?

What are the voltage draw of those ceiling lights?
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert L View Post
LEDs, and the ones near the sink are halogens?

What are the voltage draw of those ceiling lights?
Not familiar with your coach but, LEDs are cool to the touch. Halogens will burn the skin off your finger. So easy enough to test if you don't know what either looks like. The amperage draw of an average 12v incandescent automotive bulb is about 1.0 amp. A comparable LED bulb is about 0.1amp. On an average LEDs save 80-90% in electricity over incandescent.

Amps = Watts/Volts

So if your halogens are 50w that's: 50/12v= 4.16 amps.

This is why those that do a lot of dry camping, switch over to LED lighting.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If your coach is using the same LED fixtures used by Winnebago (which I suspect it is), the 4.75 inch fixture contains 21 surface mount LEDs and draws 0.61 amps. The light output is 340 lumens with a color temperature of 3000 deg. K. These fixtures look identical to the halogen ones (and are made by the same company) and you can confirm by simply twisting the glass off. The light output is slightly greater than a 20 watt halogen bulb and dramatically cooler but still warm.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:32 AM   #4

OK thanks

Does the glass twist off or do you need a flat screw driver to "pop" it off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
If your coach is using the same LED fixtures used by Winnebago (which I suspect it is), the 4.75 inch fixture contains 21 surface mount LEDs and draws 0.61 amps. The light output is 340 lumens with a color temperature of 3000 deg. K. These fixtures look identical to the halogen ones (and are made by the same company) and you can confirm by simply twisting the glass off. The light output is slightly greater than a 20 watt halogen bulb and dramatically cooler but still warm.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:40 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Recessed light removal

The glass is a lens that has some detents on it that "screw" on. To remove the lens use your hand (no tools) and rotate it CCW from the mounting. If you try to remove the metal can base, it's difficult because they are held by spring clips from the back. There are three spring metal tabs arranged at 120 deg around the base. The only way to release them from the front (they are easy to push the tabs in if you can reach from behind) is to use a small screwdriver and work it in beside the fixture. I've been trying to remove one in the vanity but it looks like it'll damage the paneling too much. Here's a pic of one Entegra sent me. The lights are called Kaper II's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	37326  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #6

Excellent reply, Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
The glass is a lens that has some detents on it that "screw" on. To remove the lens use your hand (no tools) and rotate it CCW from the mo in the vanity but it looks like it'll damage the paneling too much. Here's a pic of one Entegra sent me. The lights are called Kaper II's.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I replaced all the halogens with LEDs...even the undercounter lighting...pop out halogen and replace with two pin LED.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #8

I was out there today replacing bulbs in the under the counter halogens. Tough to get to the two hockey puck lights behind the microwave. I was laying across the whole counter with my head tilted all the way back to see thru my glasses! Tough bulbs to replace. The bulbs are in very tight which is good, but I broke two pins off on two different lights and had to remove entire light to get the pins out before new install.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Pat, please advise supplier and part #'s for the halogen replacements. How does the LED light output compare with the the original halogen lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
I replaced all the halogens with LEDs...even the undercounter lighting...pop out halogen and replace with two pin LED.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I replaced all the small nickel pucks, wall fixtures and 10watt ceilings with LED but cannot get one of the 20 watt can ones apart.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, lights, replace