Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
By the way, congratulations Phil.

One question I had about the 44r. Is there a way to close off the front of the coach from the bunk area? That's the one nice thing I like about the Newmar (both Ventana and Dutch Star). I can see it being hard to not disturb the kids without a sliding door and I don't want to feel banished to the rear bedroom so the kids can sleep (mine are 8 and 6 so not like they are teenagers who stay up late).
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2016, 06:59 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4Work View Post
By the way, congratulations Phil.

One question I had about the 44r. Is there a way to close off the front of the coach from the bunk area? That's the one nice thing I like about the Newmar (both Ventana and Dutch Star). I can see it being hard to not disturb the kids without a sliding door and I don't want to feel banished to the rear bedroom so the kids can sleep (mine are 8 and 6 so not like they are teenagers who stay up late).
Thanks!

There is not a slider between the family room and the bunks - that was something that was on our wish list that was not fulfilled, for the same reason you mention. Fortunately, our kids are hard sleepers, and if we just close the folding doors for the bunks when they go to bed, it should accomplish the same thing. We will just open them when we go to bed so they can get in and out easily. Not ideal, but workable.
phil3698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:26 PM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
It's all about compromises, right. I bet you can't wait to take delivery!
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:18 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3698 View Post
Bill - agreed. Everyone says "there's no demand," but I know so many in our area that have recently purchased BH motorhomes. Of course, a majority are gassers, but it still seems to be that the manufacturer's market research is missing something. Newmar even discontinued one of their really cool Dutch Star floorplans (with a rear bunkhouse) for 2017.

The 44R at the Tampa RV Show and Hershey show were sold on the spot. I honestly think it is more the dealers themselves that hesitate to stock bunkhouses, because they perceive it is a smaller segment of the market, and they don't want to tie up inventory. Agreed it is smaller, but sure makes it hard to see one before ordering. We ended up having to drive to Orlando to see one that had arrived from the factory and was being PDI'ed for a day before the new owners took possession - we had only browsed at the Tampa show back in February and weren't comfortable ordering until we walked it again to make sure it was definitely what we wanted.

There does seem to be some demand. I am in Michigan and the closest dealer is Motorhomes2Go in Grand Rapids. A 44R showed up on their website a couple days ago, and when I went back to look again tonight, there is already a big "sold" banner across the listing.

Mike
2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
M Bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3698 View Post
Bill - agreed. Everyone says "there's no demand," but I know so many in our area that have recently purchased BH motorhomes. Of course, a majority are gassers, but it still seems to be that the manufacturer's market research is missing something. Newmar even discontinued one of their really cool Dutch Star floorplans (with a rear bunkhouse) for 2017.

The 44R at the Tampa RV Show and Hershey show were sold on the spot. I honestly think it is more the dealers themselves that hesitate to stock bunkhouses, because they perceive it is a smaller segment of the market, and they don't want to tie up inventory. Agreed it is smaller, but sure makes it hard to see one before ordering. We ended up having to drive to Orlando to see one that had arrived from the factory and was being PDI'ed for a day before the new owners took possession - we had only browsed at the Tampa show back in February and weren't comfortable ordering until we walked it again to make sure it was definitely what we wanted.
I agree I am in the market for a BH too. I have been debating the Newmar Mountain Aire, London Aire and now the Aspire 44r. In December I took a drive down to see 2 London Aire's Northtrail just took delivery of, one sold while I was enroute and the other went under contract the next day. The salesman said they sell several via custom order that never hit inventory. I must have just missed the OP buying the 44r at the Tampa show. Everything is a compromise on these things, the 2017 MA and LA now have 2 full bathrooms, I am really curious how they pulled this off and how much space was lost. Can't wait to see one.
Flynryan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynryan15 View Post
I agree I am in the market for a BH too. I have been debating the Newmar Mountain Aire, London Aire and now the Aspire 44r. In December I took a drive down to see 2 London Aire's Northtrail just took delivery of, one sold while I was enroute and the other went under contract the next day. The salesman said they sell several via custom order that never hit inventory. I must have just missed the OP buying the 44r at the Tampa show. Everything is a compromise on these things, the 2017 MA and LA now have 2 full bathrooms, I am really curious how they pulled this off and how much space was lost. Can't wait to see one.
I bought the Tampa Supershow 44R and have been driving it since January. I'm currently in Jackson WY and on my way Sunday to Colorado Springs with stops in Rock Springs and Cheyenne in between. I just want to point out that I would be glad to send you (via email) interior pictures if you want them - if it will help. Driving any of the 44x model Aspires is the equivalent of the 44R from a driving standpoint. Generally, maybe depending on the dealer, ordering a 44R for delivery to your dealer is not a risky process. I was told by Lazydays that I could put a downpayment of $2000 that I could back out of, and get my deposit back, if I didn't want to go through with the deal.

FYI, we haven't had any issues with the bath & a half of the 44R. The hot water wouldn't be able to sustain 2 simultaneous showers anyway.

Greg
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalgas View Post
I bought the Tampa Supershow 44R and have been driving it since January. I'm currently in Jackson WY and on my way Sunday to Colorado Springs with stops in Rock Springs and Cheyenne in between. I just want to point out that I would be glad to send you (via email) interior pictures if you want them - if it will help. Driving any of the 44x model Aspires is the equivalent of the 44R from a driving standpoint. Generally, maybe depending on the dealer, ordering a 44R for delivery to your dealer is not a risky process. I was told by Lazydays that I could put a downpayment of $2000 that I could back out of, and get my deposit back, if I didn't want to go through with the deal.

FYI, we haven't had any issues with the bath & a half of the 44R. The hot water wouldn't be able to sustain 2 simultaneous showers anyway.

Greg
Greg,

I'm new to the forum (as of today) but have been lurking for some time trying to gather information and stumbled upon your post about the 44R. I have a deposit on one thru the folks at MHSRV but have concerns about the ability to navigate the interior while on the move. Everything else about ithe coach seems to "fit the bill" for our family of 5 but it will get a lot of use while the slides are in so ease of use is important.

Let me explain our situation and it might give some context into our use and since you've had yours for a few months maybe you could comment on functionality.

We are home schooling and traveling for at least the next year, possibly longer, and have been using a 2016 Thor Tuscany bunkhouse for the last few months. It's actually been a good coach for us and have had minimal issues but as we've become more seasoned travelers are finding the coach lacks certain things that would make our lives substantially "better", specifically a second bath, more engine power, tag axle, drive experience, etc. My primary concern about the 44R was interior space when closed up and even though the table can be stored, my wife and the kids tend to sit at our current dinette while studying, eating, etc. while in motion and therefore I believe we'd keep it in place while we travel. Although the kids won't mind climbing over the furniture (they know the they're not allowed under normal circumstances) I'm not sure my wife will love the idea of managing food and drinks while navigating over obstacles.... you'd mentioned being open to sharing some pictures via email of the interior while closed up and hoping you'll share some with me. I'd love to see it from the front looking back with the table in place as well as the kitchen looking back towards the bunk/bath to see if we could also marshmellow are way in. Any other shots that you think would be helpful would be greatly appreciated.

My email address is grburnette@gmail.com

Thanks so much!
RVOF5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
GR, I'll be glad to post a couple of pictures for you, but I've heard that the 2017 has improved the table design so the table top has a drop leaf design so it moves substantially out of the way without having to remove it in order to get by. You'll need to contact Entegra to find out for sure. Pictures will be sent to your email.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #66

Thank you! I've been communicating some with the dealer and the entegra rep but details are somewhat difficult to obtain. I know about some of the bigger 17 changes but that's about it. Even the rep confessed that there was some initial concern about the ability to move freely while the coach was in motion. In any case pics would be appreciated and hopefully they made improvements for 17. Hope you're enjoying your coach and maybe we'll bump into one another on the road!

Respectfully,

Greg Burnette
Old 08-02-2016, 02:37 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
No bumping! I'll try to get some slides closed pictures.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:27 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalgas View Post
GR, I'll be glad to post a couple of pictures for you, but I've heard that the 2017 has improved the table design so the table top has a drop leaf design so it moves substantially out of the way without having to remove it in order to get by. You'll need to contact Entegra to find out for sure. Pictures will be sent to your email.
We will be getting our 2017 44R later this month and, if it has changed, will let everyone know. We have/had the same concern about access while traveling.
pmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:32 PM   #69

I just got pictures of a 2017 all closed up today from the dealer. Even more concerned now that I'm seeing it... I'm so excited about the coach, for so many reasons, but it looks rather tight and really worried about how functional it will be for our road schooling. Going to try and post pictures.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:10 PM   #70

We just returned home from a trip to see a 2017 44R in the flesh.

Regarding the table, the table does have a hinge and a catch mechanism, easing fore and aft traffic movement. Essentially the table top surface tilts at about a 45 degree angle. The low side is toward the couch hosting the table support on the PS. The high side is on the DS of the table

Even with that, it's tight with the slides in.

We didn't contemplate leaving the table in place, hinged or not, while running. Personally, I think it presents a heck of an impediment should an emergency arise requiring an evacuation.

The biggest offender to the aisle is the Televator. While it is super cool, I'd almost rather have a delete on that, permitting the PS couch to recapture approximately 8-10".

If wishes were fishes..

The other area that is tight while running is the bunk hallway. Keep in mind we currently have a Tiffin Phaeton 40QKH. Many folks feel the QKH is tight with the slides in. In comparison, the 44R makes our K model look spacious.

Beyond this, the 44R quickly pulls away from our QKH in virtually any category.

One of the first noticeable things is how very smooth the sidewalls are. With a single Girard double pitched awning as standard, the second can be had for a paltry $3500! All price kidding aside, the Girards do more than improve the sidewall aesthetics. Particularly if paired, the Girard is a handsome awning, and virtually the length of the coach can be shaded.

Beyond function the Girard awnings help declutter the roof lines. While all the typical equipment is there, the equipment is nicely hidden from view.

Two things I seriously wish were different, would be the carryover of the Bronze Metal exterior from 2016. This is the least offensive of the paint schemes. I seriously wish someone would paint a coach in a new and interesting way.

Along these lines, I wish we had a choice regarding the rear cap paint scheme. Every time I look at the rear cap, it reminds me of a "Tramp Stamp." Give me a simplified graphic without the crossed arrows, please!

One thing I noted, while the 450HP ISL provide it's power well, it is powering a big heavy coach. So, if you're looking for an increase in performance compared to a smaller coach, you may be disappointed. Our 380HP at 100% throttle from the same starting point was a bit faster MPH than the 450HP ISL in the same exact scenario. That 70HP bump is eaten up in the weight it has to carry.

Also, consider our 380HP coach was pulling my F-150 and loaded down for travel. The 44R had about the same amount of fuel, but carried zero water or waste.

In short, HP doesn't always result in increased performance.

Don't misinterpret my opinion of the 44R, it will certainly be our next coach. My wife and I both fell in love with it. I'm just calling things the way I observed them, and have a firm grasp on what very few things this coach doesn't excel at.

If I were to write of all the really nice attributes, my fingers would wear out. It isn't your typical coach, and well beyond anything we've experienced before.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote