Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2019, 08:58 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1atom12 View Post
Well, it looks like we have zeroed in on an 18 Anthem 44A, Firestorm color with ambiance interior with natural cherry. Theater seats on one side and couch on the other.

Why? Dollars... We can get this coach at a great price and it is supposed to be immaculate inside and out. We have put a deposit on it sight unseen. We won't be able to see it in person until mid-month as the current owner is out on the road with it.

Would be very interested in hearing from other 44A owners on how you like your layouts. The wife isn't exactly thrilled with the size of the pantry. Keep in mind that we have only seen it in Youtube videos. NIRVC (our dealer) did a video of this exact floorplan for the 2018 model year (thanks Angie!). That is our only exposure to the 44A. We have walked, sat in and played with the 44B, 44F and 44W. The 44A kitchen looks almost identical to the 44F floorplan. Again, videos being our only point of reference for the 44A.

Again, 44A owners, I would love to hear from you...

Thanks,
Adam

We have the original prototype of the A plan, a 16 CS without the “c” headlights, has the old style front and back lights. We love the plan. Did replace the Villa 83” couch with air mattress with a double theatre seat that has a removable “console/ cup holder”.That allows for a stretch out full sofa if one of us wants to nap. We used the original seat belts from the Villa. We LOVE IT. As for the big slide on door side, never thought about it until I read the comments on this forum. The two main trays slide out, so my chairs and green egg are easy to reach. As for the desk space, a nice custom bar and wine fridge fit nicely there 🤠.
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2019, 11:55 PM   #30

Floor plan

We have a 15 Aspire, looked at the Anthem but was way too much money. My bride didn’t like the rear bath & I didn’t like have two baths. Even went the slides are in we could get to the head while traveling. We settled on a DEQ which we do like. We will replace the sofa with the theater seats next time we go east.
We looked at the 16s but they had changed the floor plans & some idiot had put the tv where our china hutch is. She couldn’t watch tv while she is in the kitchen. Also this was the last year they had propane in it. She has cooked on propane all our married lives. Thank b.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:17 AM   #31

General comment on the theater seats.... Our 2019 Cornerstone has three leather theater seats. And, contrary to almost everyone's expressed opinion, we dont really like ours and will look at replacing them at some point in the future.

What we dont like at all are two problems:. First, the seat portion of the seat is too long. I am 5'9" and the DW about 5'2" fairly standard proportions (legs to torso). Anyhow, the bottom seats are too long and therefore, our knees sit on the horizontal pad of the seat, not over the edge. To sit comfortably, therefore, out butts are moved forward of the seat backs, and therefore, our lumbar sections are not supported but are forced forward away from the seat.

While annoying, the worst part about these "theater seats" is that the movement of the backrest (reclining section) and the footrest (legs and feet) are tied together and cannot be adjusted separately. That means that if you want to raise your feet horizontal (maybe to better hold your cat or simply have feet up, you are forced to start laying your back down.... I guess the designers of these chairs felt that when you go to a theater to watch a movie, you do it virtually like you are lying down in a bed -- Maybe you watch TV in your living room lying down like in a bed, but the DW and I definitely do not.... In fact, that is a terrible position to be in. Our opinion is that any theater seat should have separate controls for the back and the legs (kinda like the captains chair). IF I want my feet up and still be in a sitting position..... that should be possible. In these chairs, that is impossible.

When we replace them, we will be only replacing them with a chair that has the right size seat AND separate controls for the back and legs.... These are JUST NOT COMFORTABLE when sitting upright or "watching TV".... beware!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1atom12 View Post
You guys and gals are going to have to put up with me for a bit as the wife and I finalize our Entegra search.

Does anyone know what the best selling floor plans are for Aspire and Anthem? We are having a hard time choosing. We seem to gravitate towards the 44B, 44F and 44W. Just not sure of the minor differences between them that owners like or dislike. Would love to hear about the floor plan you chose and why you picked it over some others.

An example of what is confusing us is a left over 2019 Anthem 44B at our dealer. It has the optional 3 seat theater seating instead of the standard couch. Does the 45 foot coach really only sleep two people? Maybe that's why it is left over on the dealers lot?

I'm sure you can tell how new we are to researching Entegra. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer...

Adam
Don’t rely on what’s popular, get what you want. Buying anything used will save you a lot of $$ when buying it and the countless trips to the repair shops waiting for inexperienced idiots trying to fix your coach.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:16 PM   #33

personal choice

We have a 17’ Aspire DEQ. The single bath works for the two of us retirees traveling full time because we gained a bit more room in the kitchen/living area. That was more important than having an extra half bath. For those few times that we both desperately need to use the bathroom at the same time, a quick game of rock, scissors, paper determines who runs to the campground facility:-)
oggiedoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
General comment on the theater seats.... Our 2019 Cornerstone has three leather theater seats. And, contrary to almost everyone's expressed opinion, we dont really like ours and will look at replacing them at some point in the future.

What we dont like at all are two problems:. First, the seat portion of the seat is too long. I am 5'9" and the DW about 5'2" fairly standard proportions (legs to torso). Anyhow, the bottom seats are too long and therefore, our knees sit on the horizontal pad of the seat, not over the edge. To sit comfortably, therefore, out butts are moved forward of the seat backs, and therefore, our lumbar sections are not supported but are forced forward away from the seat.

While annoying, the worst part about these "theater seats" is that the movement of the backrest (reclining section) and the footrest (legs and feet) are tied together and cannot be adjusted separately. That means that if you want to raise your feet horizontal (maybe to better hold your cat or simply have feet up, you are forced to start laying your back down.... I guess the designers of these chairs felt that when you go to a theater to watch a movie, you do it virtually like you are lying down in a bed -- Maybe you watch TV in your living room lying down like in a bed, but the DW and I definitely do not.... In fact, that is a terrible position to be in. Our opinion is that any theater seat should have separate controls for the back and the legs (kinda like the captains chair). IF I want my feet up and still be in a sitting position..... that should be possible. In these chairs, that is impossible.

When we replace them, we will be only replacing them with a chair that has the right size seat AND separate controls for the back and legs.... These are JUST NOT COMFORTABLE when sitting upright or "watching TV".... beware!

Gary

Gary, I agree, I simply can’t get comfortable in the theater seat. I wish there was an option to have recliners instead....I rarely sit in theater seats..
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:47 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
I have the 2018 Aspire 44B, and I do not like the theater seating. I know they say it is the most popular but since I purchased used I had to compromise and got all the other things I like but will hopefully change out the theater seats for a queen sleeper leather sofa. I was told by the previous owners they had inquired with entegra and got a $1000.00 change out fee.
2018Aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:17 AM   #36

Want to trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018Aspire View Post
I have the 2018 Aspire 44B, and I do not like the theater seating. I know they say it is the most popular but since I purchased used I had to compromise and got all the other things I like but will hopefully change out the theater seats for a queen sleeper leather sofa. I was told by the previous owners they had inquired with entegra and got a $1000.00 change out fee.
I have a 16 Cornerstone B with an 83 inch Villa Queen sleeper in “saddle” leather. Would love to trade with you. It looks like new, has the air bed which has never been used. If you are interested, let me know via email
david.heath76@gmail.com, I can send you a photo.
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, floor