Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #1

Aspire delivery questions

We are taking delivery of a2014 Aspire DEQ on Friday the 29th. My question is what areas you wish you would have spent more time on. Or if there are certain systems you had further questions on. I realize we all have differing abilities and experiences so what one person may want to know may not apply to me. My background is having driven a 38' gasser for 25K miles including two West Coast trips. My technical abilities are above average, although not expert, I have no diesel pusher experience. Thanks for any advice you could give me.
Andrei
PS: I wrote a similar request and have no idea where it went, so it may show up twice.
andrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I currently own a 38 ft DP and have been learning from this forum waiting for the deliver of our Anthem in Jan.

The items I have seen posted with the most questions are the Aqua Hot heat system and the entertainment center satellite connections. Also drive the coach paying close attention to the steering. I am sure other will have some good input as well.

There are some good posts lately that might help with what to look for on your inspection. Good luck with the PDI and enjoy the new ride.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #3

There are some you tube videos on how to operate items on the coach..as far as diesel pusher...you learn...driving it on the highway is the best way to learn....just remember the wait to start thing when you turn the key and to use the block heater if it dropping below 45 at night..also with fueling..try to fuel up at places that turn diesel such as a known truck stop...and try to never fuel up when there is a delivery in progress as its stirs the sediment in the tank...Try to store with a full tank of fuel if you can. and get spare fuel filters and carry them, just in case of a bad tank...wait until you can hear yourself think at highway speeds..I can't wait until our Anthem is built...please let me know how you find initial quality and if you don't mind, what dealer did the PDI and if you are happy with them...Thank you..
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #4

Make sure you understand the "start-up" sequence for airing up the suspension. At my delivery, I was told incorrectly and had a harsh ride home. Good this I lived pretty close. A quick call and they set me straight.

Make sure to operate all slides in, out and back in. I over-looked this on only brought them in and the first time I put my slides out, the one that needed adjusting still needed adjusting.

I guess overall, enjoy your time, takes lots of notes and if you miss something, there are lots of fine folks here that can help and there is always the awesome people at Entegra and Spartan.

For me, I don't fault the dealer for not knowing everything about my coach as they deal with so many different types and they all are just a little bit different.

I would make a couple of short trips or even in your driveway, just fiddle.

Contrats on your new coach and welcome to the Entegra family!!!
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on your new coach and welcome to the Entegra family. I think most of my questions early on had to do with electrical systems and the inverters. In any event, review all the youtube videos and see where you might want to spend some extra time.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
No matter how much you see the videos and ask questions in the walk through you will always have questions after. It's way too much information overload. But after you get your baby there are lots of people here to ask again. As long as everything works at delivery you should not worry. With Joyce the people here and the 2 year warranty you shoulden't have a bit of worry over perfection on day one.
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #7

Thanks

Thank you for all the comments, I will make sure to spend time on the proper start procedure and sequence, then watch youtube later this week when I have real wifi. I will also post some feedback when I get a chance after picking it up, it may take some time since we have a lot on our plate until we get rolling. (plates, registration, inspection, packing, and getting away from the PA winter in a hurry) Thank you to all again for the comments.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you can, I would strongly suggest after the PDI and actual delivery, you stay in the coach for a day or two while still at the dealer. Living in a new coach and actually using all the systems, etc., can reveal issues that can be quickly addressed before you leave for home or travel. This, of course, applies to situations where you don't live close to the dealer or it would otherwise be inconvenient to come back.

We did that both times we bought our two DP's (used) and on both occasions, discovered fixable issues/questions that needed to be answered that did not surface during the PDI.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #9

Thanks, we are planning 1 day. PDI at 10AM, leave next day around noon. We could stay one extra day if needed, but that is a Sunday:-(
Old 11-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
X2 on the idea of staying at the dealer. We had a few things that had to be fixed so we were in the coach for about 4 days.

Not only do you find additional things that need fixing, but you realize "Hey - what did they say about how this _____ works during the PDI?"
Old 11-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #11

We used our hand held voice recorder on our PDI. I then downloaded the whole PDI onto our computer....It helped us tremendously.
Abclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Definitely watch the Entegra "how to videos" on YouTube first. Take notes. Ask the PDI questions as you go based on what is not clear. Highly recommend you walk in first thing looking for loose knobs, drawer pulls, cabinets. Immediately tell PDI to call the tech guys. Spend a lot of time on the Aqua Hot, the power management system, and the air up/down sequence. I got all done and couldn't find the dang headlight switch. Have the tech guy walk you thru the basic automotive controls.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Also do leveling with the slide operation. Our auto level was installed backward and we didn't find out until the first night on the road. Many techs will tell you jack/slide sequence doesn't matter. It does with Entegra! Operate slides (both ways) with suspension inflated and you can't go wrong.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the Entegra Family but as we all know, it's not official until you post pictures. We picked our 2013 Anthem DEQ on 29 Dec 2012. Be sure to ask for a basic intro into the Entertainment Center. After going thru the delivery and unpacking for the first night, you will probably want to relax and watch a little TV. Good luck on your delivery and may your travels all be safe.