Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2018, 01:07 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Awning Led Lights dim.....

We have a 2015 Aspire. Both the door awning and main awning led lights are very dim. They were never real right but they now seem even dimmer. Has anybody else had this problem or have any solutions ?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
John, that is a switch , back when the awning lights came out on the 2014's everyone was complaining they were to bright. A few us installed dimmers. The only thing I can think of would be a bad ground to the LED lights. The 15's were the first year for the door awning LED lights. I installed LED's on my 14, but the factory is probably using the same ground as the awning lights. Are the LED lights on the same control panel? If so, might check to see if the plug is full seated.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Pretty much what I was thinking.I will look for a bad ground. Thanks Chuck.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnypac View Post
Pretty much what I was thinking.I will look for a bad ground. Thanks Chuck.
The light connections in the Girard awning are pretty flimsy with just unsealed butt connectors. I didn't like them when I first saw them as the sat right where they could hold water. After checking the switch panel plug, the light connection on the awning would be my starting point. Good luck, I hope it is an easy find.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:44 PM   #5

Awning Led Lights dim.....

I have the opposite problem, mine seem to be too bright. The vegatouch panel says I can dim the awning lights but nothing happens when I do. Has anyone else been able to dim the newer model?

Tags
awning, led, light, lights