Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2017, 05:41 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Awning LEDs not working properly

Ok this is only my second post of what I am sure will be many more to learn how to work on my 2014 Entegra Anthem 44DLQ which is new to me, purchased in May and have truly enjoyed tightening things up and just starting to make modifications to make it our own. The problem I have are in the leds in the awnings. One set is very yellow and less then a third of the lights work. The other awnings leds are white but have several leds that are not working. Is there a power supply that controls these? If so possible location and is it replaceable. Any help in fixing the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Awning LEDs not working properly

Had lights on my front CS awning stop working. Girard service center is replacing the entire light string. Don't believe you can replace individual lights.

TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:57 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
That was normal for the awning lights on the Classics. Call Girard ASAP as I heard they were still correcting the problem with the earlier LED's. They are easy to change, 2 wires and the lights are peel and stick.

If Girard does not replace the lights, they are available on eBay for about $10. a string.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:29 PM   #4
2014 Entegra Cornerstone

Mine on my '14 Cornerstone were not working either. Since in live in SoCal, I went to Girard in San Clemente and they gave me three 25' strings to replace burnt out ones. Everything good now!
Old 06-04-2017, 09:37 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tks

Thank You brobox I will contact them in the am (cal. time) Plus I will owe you a cold one or two for all your help!
Old 06-04-2017, 10:02 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
There are some youtube videos that show you how to replace the light strip. Pretty easy
royals1212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:21 PM   #7

The yellow versus white issue is something that I have on my 2015.... the color changes with the angle I am away from the LEDs sometimes, and other times, they are yellowish for a while and then get bright white. Same is true for my door LEDs. They all work, and as I say the yellowishness is temporary so I have not been too worried about.... when I sit under them, they are bright white for us.

Gary
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:11 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy2013 View Post
Thank You brobox I will contact them in the am (cal. time) Plus I will owe you a cold one or two for all your help!
Glad to help, and beer is always welcomed. Let us know what Girard has to say. It might help the next person that purchases a Classic that the awning lights are bad. Mine was delivered new with 2/3 of the awning lights out. Girard had bad lights from their first supplier and were making good on them, but for how long, I don't know.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:24 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Update:

Quote:
Ok this is only my second post of what I am sure will be many more to learn how to work on my 2014 Entegra Anthem 44DLQ which is new to me, purchased in May and have truly enjoyed tightening things up and just starting to make modifications to make it our own. The problem I have are in the leds in the awnings. One set is very yellow and less then a third of the lights work. The other awnings leds are white but have several leds that are not working. Is there a power supply that controls these? If so possible location and is it replaceable. Any help in fixing the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Spoke with Jason at Girard and after sending them some pictures of the led strips, they are sending me two new led strips, all I have to do is pay the shipping. Thanks for all the advice and help!
Old 06-08-2017, 08:54 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Spoke with Jason at Girard and after sending them some pictures of the led strips, they are sending me two new led strips, all I have to do is pay the shipping. Thanks for all the advice and help!
That is good to know they are still standing behind the first run of lights. That information I am sure will help others.

Tags
awning, led