Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
awning stopped working

2017 Insignia with a awning that works when it wants too. So I thought anyway. I posted something a week ago about my awning not working as I was getting ready to leave after the Dover race. Its not hard wired its screwed on and works off of watch batteries. Anyway I was trying to leave this Sunday and had my awning out and it would not go in again. I'm thinking here we go I guess I'm staying. So after about half hour of trying to find a way to get this in I turned my inverter on to run my refrigerator and sure enough the awning started to go in. I still don't know what the hell I did but It worked. Yes I was plugged in to shore power and yes at one point I even turned on my generator. Any thoughts?
Slambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slambam View Post
2017 Insignia with a awning that works when it wants too. So I thought anyway. I posted something a week ago about my awning not working as I was getting ready to leave after the Dover race. Its not hard wired its screwed on and works off of watch batteries. Anyway I was trying to leave this Sunday and had my awning out and it would not go in again. I'm thinking here we go I guess I'm staying. So after about half hour of trying to find a way to get this in I turned my inverter on to run my refrigerator and sure enough the awning started to go in. I still don't know what the hell I did but It worked. Yes I was plugged in to shore power and yes at one point I even turned on my generator. Any thoughts?
Was your engine running? My 2017 Aspire awnings will not retract if the engine is running.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
The awning are 110v if the Insignia has Girard awning. The white switch in the cabinet is nothing but a remote as you found out battery powered. If you have not done so, change all of the factory remote batteries, mine were almost dead on delivery. They are not the best quality Chinese batteries. The replacement batteries are 4 years old and still going strong.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slambam View Post
I think you answered your own question. I turned my inverter on to run my refrigerator why do you turn your inverter off? I leave mine on all the time. If not in the Aspires I believe the inverted outlets will not function. Also seems to me that the awnings are powered by an inverted outlet. I can check mine this afternoon to confirm.
kevinantholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
No the motor was turned off. When I hit the inverter on I was very happy to see it retract but my head was spinning. Always something.
Slambam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning